2nd Trimester

uncomfortable sex

sex is so uncomfortable right now. I'm 24 weeks, and while I used to enjoy it, it is miserable right now. It is obvious that hubby's not quite into it either...does sex hurt for anyone else? never had this problem before!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: uncomfortable sex

• *raises hand* Lots of KY and tell your hubby to take it slowly.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • It's uncomfortable for me too, but in a different way than anybody else it seems. Anytime I get really into and start moving along with FI, I get crampy feelings in my side. I haven't been able to figure out how to avoid it unfortunately. But for you, I'd suggest taking it slow and easy and using a good amount of lube. Or you can just forgo sex altogether and opt for either oral sex instead or use toys/hands. Or both!
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSamJustice:
    It's uncomfortable for me too, but in a different way than anybody else it seems. Anytime I get really into and start moving along with FI, I get crampy feelings in my side. I haven't been able to figure out how to avoid it unfortunately. But for you, I'd suggest taking it slow and easy and using a good amount of lube. Or you can just forgo sex altogether and opt for either oral sex instead or use toys/hands. Or both!

SO and I have pretty much opted for oral and hands. Even with lube, there's way too much friction down there for it to feel comfortable for me. I'm hoping that it changes soon, because I'm getting quite tired of not having actual sex. Sex also tends to give me Braxton Hicks contractions - so I try to avoid it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the problem of me being so swollen that I'm chaffing DH (I know, TMI).  It hurts him more than it hurts me.  We've started using lubed condoms (even though we're an NFP family) just because they make it easier.  I really hope things go back to normal after LO gets here!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers BFP 02/04/2011;EDD 10/14/2011;Induced due to pre-e 09/07/2011;Jack born 09/08/2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image
  • imageforensicmama:
    *raises hand* Lots of KY and tell your hubby to take it slowly.

Ditto this. Sex has been uncomfortable for me since I was 6 weeks :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hear ya- hubby and I only use one position these days because nothing we used to do feels good.

I would experiment with your positionings. I have a link for you but I'm sure there's more info online and honestly, it would be best to just try things for yourself and see what works.

We basically lay on our sides/back, my leg on top of him-no pressure on the belly and no pain what-so-ever.

Good luck!

https://www.ivillage.com/sex-positions-during-pregnancy/6-a-126791?p=2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KY and different position. Try getting on top or even use the counter in the bathroom. Keep trying new positions until you find one that works.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • yep... VERY uncomfortable and on the verge of painfull. Any positions that are deeper I avoid, sorry hubby
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes girl, when the hubby and I have sex it is very uncomfortable! I don't know if it is the same for you but it almost feels like a burning sensation in my vagina. Even with lub it still hurts. I have never had this problem before but it is really annoying cause I want to have sex but I know it is going to hurt. Uugh! 
  • This.  DH and I tried again last night and it was just not happening for me.  We lubed up and he got his, but I was fine for it to be over and to go to sleep.  LOL.  This is frustrating for me because I usually have a high drive and really enjoy it.  Who is this person?  LOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"