July 2011 Moms

PUPPS. ugh. (38w appt)

I just got back from my 38w appt. I officially have the start of PUPPS. Thankfully it hasn't spread past my lower abdomen yet, but it might. She said to try Benedryl or Cortizone creams. Does anyone else have this and find that one works better than the other? I have Cortizone at home and hopefully that will help out.

I also had an internal today (last one was at 36w). I'm hardly dilated at all out the outside and not at all on the inside. Still 50% effaced. I know it's not an indicator of labor and I don't need to be dilated at all to go into labor. But I was hoping for a little more progress with all the contractions I've been having. Oh well.

The great news is that the Mr. is allowed to catch the baby as long as everything is going well during the delivery! He just told me the other day that he was thinking about wanting to do that, and I'm glad he will have the chance to do so! :)

J+C est. 6.22.08
Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PUPPS. ugh. (38w appt)

• Whats PUPPS? Glad to hear baby is still healthy and husband can be so involved Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagewendy2613:
    Whats PUPPS? Glad to hear baby is still healthy and husband can be so involved Smile

This.  I can't really google anything medical in nature at work.

• Loading the player...
  • imageMarshaBrady:

imagewendy2613:
    Whats PUPPS? Glad to hear baby is still healthy and husband can be so involved Smile

It's basically a pregnancy-induced rash. It itches something fierce, but there's nothing that will cure it except delivery. From what I know, it can spread all over. Hopefully I don't have to deal with it too much longer.

J+C est. 6.22.08

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJay_Cee:
    imageMarshaBrady:

imagewendy2613:

It's basically a pregnancy-induced rash. It itches something fierce, but there's nothing that will cure it except delivery. From what I know, it can spread all over. Hopefully I don't have to deal with it too much longer.

I'm sorry! 

But that is really awesome that 1) DH wants to catch the baby and 2) they're allowing it.  So cool.

• Eee, sorry to hear about the rash!  Hopefully it's not too annoying or uncomfortable!  Glad to hear your mister can catch the bebe!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • gmc222gmc222 member

My best friend had PUPPS that started around 35 weeks, and she had it from her armpits to her ankles (her words!). She gave birth last week and said its been much better - so at least there's relief in sight!

I have awful stretch marks and my stomach is ridiculously itchy that I'm thinking I have it as well, although I haven't seen any specific rash. It stinks!

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• imagegmc222:

My best friend had PUPPS that started around 35 weeks, and she had it from her armpits to her ankles (her words!). She gave birth last week and said its been much better - so at least there's relief in sight!

I have awful stretch marks and my stomach is ridiculously itchy that I'm thinking I have it as well, although I haven't seen any specific rash. It stinks!

I'm glad to hear she is feeling better! My lower stretch marks started getting bumpy, which is why I asked the doctor to check. So if you are feeling bumps, you may have the beginning of it, too. I certainly hope not, though!

J+C est. 6.22.08

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry about the PUPPS, but at least it is that and not something worse, right?  There are some pretty scary "itching" diseases we can get in the third tri, so glad it isn't one of those. 

I understand your frustraton with your appointment and progress.  I had my first and only internal yesterday at my very last doctor's appoint (yay, for not peeing in a cup anymore!!) and they said "about a finger tip".  Gee, thanks.  I am thankful though she said baby was low, engaged and the my cervix was thinning.  That may make things move a little better on Tuesday for the cervix "rippening".   I know she could have told me that I was 4cm and it would mean nothing, but, you still hope for some kind of progress.  I get it. 

(BTW, don't have PUPPS, but have always been a big fan of Cortizone over Benadryl)

• Boo on the PUPPS!! No experience with PUPPS, but I have used Benedryl cream before and prefer it over cortizone. You can get a store brand kind for cheaper. Just works faster, better IMO.

I will tell you the mantra our birth class instructor told us. I keep repeating it to myself. "Getting an internal only tells you where you've been -- not where you're going." SOO true. Stay strong -- and SO glad the Mr. will be able to catch your babe. So, will he be the one to announce the sex??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageShannonMacHappy:

Boo on the PUPPS!! No experience with PUPPS, but I have used Benedryl cream before and prefer it over cortizone. You can get a store brand kind for cheaper. Just works faster, better IMO.

I will tell you the mantra our birth class instructor told us. I keep repeating it to myself. "Getting an internal only tells you where you've been -- not where you're going." SOO true. Stay strong -- and SO glad the Mr. will be able to catch your babe. So, will he be the one to announce the sex??

I like that mantra! I went in not expecting anything more, but I couldn't help but hope, you know? And the Mr. is very excited that he can catch the babe! And, yes, he will be the one announcing the sex (whether he catches or not). I'm really excited for it. :)

J+C est. 6.22.08

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am in the same boat with you.  :(  PUPPS is the pits.  I have found that the only thing that helps me to stay on this side of the insane line is the steroid cream prescribed by my OB.  But I have a pretty awful case...
    image eva magnolia 07/22/11
  • I've had itching that we thought was cholestasis (thankfully it's not), but ice has been the only thing that helps me. I also like to use a cold, wet washcloth. Feels so good!
    Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
  • Ugh. Hope one of the creams your OB recommended helps with the itch. I think the only "cure" is birth, so hopefully you keep pregressing and won't have to suffer long! Something to store for maternal guilt later... ;)

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• imageJay_Cee:
    imageShannonMacHappy:

Boo on the PUPPS!! No experience with PUPPS, but I have used Benedryl cream before and prefer it over cortizone. You can get a store brand kind for cheaper. Just works faster, better IMO.

I like that mantra! I went in not expecting anything more, but I couldn't help but hope, you know? And the Mr. is very excited that he can catch the babe! And, yes, he will be the one announcing the sex (whether he catches or not). I'm really excited for it. :)

I'm so sorry to hear that-I've heard it's awful. Sad

And I just have to say that I so agree with that mantra. My midwives don't even do internals because they so strongly feel that it's no indication of when you will go into labor. They will do one if you request it (and I almost did) but they said it makes some women feel like a ticking time bomb (if they're at all dilated) when maybe they still have weeks to go and makes others feel as if labor will never begin when they're just days away.

My DH is going to catch our baby too, I think that is so special. :)

• imageihearttab:
    imageJay_Cee:
    imageShannonMacHappy:

I'm so sorry to hear that-I've heard it's awful. Sad

And I just have to say that I so agree with that mantra. My midwives don't even do internals because they so strongly feel that it's no indication of when you will go into labor. They will do one if you request it (and I almost did) but they said it makes some women feel like a ticking time bomb (if they're at all dilated) when maybe they still have weeks to go and makes others feel as if labor will never begin when they're just days away.

My DH is going to catch our baby too, I think that is so special. :)

Yes 

J+C est. 6.22.08

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sorry to hear that. Hope it is manageable with topical creams. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you. Hope it doesnt progress past the lower abdomen. And, that's awesome that your hubs is willing to be down there for delivery. MH wouldn't do that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefogleer:

Sad I'm one of those rare people who didn't develop it until after delivery.  It is just starting to subside now.

Oh that's awful! I hope it wasn't too bad for you. :(

J+C est. 6.22.08

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"