2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone else experience anxiety before DR appointments??

I have my monthly checkup with my OB today and I am anxious as can be!  I don't know why really.. Maybe I am worried they will say something is wrong even though things have been going great.  Every month I find myself getting anxious before my appointment and almost hold my breath until I hear the baby's heartbeat.  Am I the only one?  Please someone else feel this way!  I already feel like a nut case!!

Re: Anyone else experience anxiety before DR appointments??

• Options
    I feel the exact same way before my monthly appts!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejessicacmiel:
    I feel the exact same way before my monthly appts!

Thank you!  I really started to think I was insane!  Normally I make my appointments for first thing in the morning but for some crazy reason I made this one for 4pm!  I have all day to fret about this!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel this way before each appt.!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes, I freaked out when it took the doctor a minute to find the HB on the doppler last time.  I felt like an idiot.  I've had a loss so every appointment is very hard for me.  It helps to have my DH with me because he's very low key and he helps me take my mind off things by just holding conversation while we wait and it's always about non-baby stuff.  If your SO can go with you, maybe a friend or family member could tag along?  It might make it easier.  I still get nervous, but it does help to have someone with me.

• Options
    imageiluvmylab:

Yes, I freaked out when it took the doctor a minute to find the HB on the doppler last time.  I felt like an idiot.  I've had a loss so every appointment is very hard for me.  It helps to have my DH with me because he's very low key and he helps me take my mind off things by just holding conversation while we wait and it's always about non-baby stuff.  If your SO can go with you, maybe a friend or family member could tag along?  It might make it easier.  I still get nervous, but it does help to have someone with me.

I am sorry for your loss..  I too have had a loss and maybe that is where this anxiety comes from.  My SO has yet to manage to make it to one appointment because of work.  We have to schedule them weeks in advance and try to anticipate his schedule but have failed 3 times now..  My mom wants to go but has a similar scheduling issue..  I try to distract myself at the appointment with Facebook and such on my phone..  I have about 6 hrs until my appointment today.. Fingers crossed I don't go crazy before then! ha ha ha

• Options

Yes, and actually, sometimes they have to double check my blood pressure cause I'm so anxious/nervous that it goes up!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageerin5332:

Yes, and actually, sometimes they have to double check my blood pressure cause I'm so anxious/nervous that it goes up!

This is ME!! Every visit my OB has rechecked my BP after doing the doppler and it is normal after the doppler but very high when the nurse checks it when I first get there!

• Options
    YES! I cant wait every month for the next appt. I'm hoping that maybe after i can feel the baby move i won't be as anxious. I do get nervous before regular doctor appts in general though> I just don't like doctors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Although I have not suffered a loss, I am still extremely anxiuos for appointments! I think it's totally normal. I'm always good for the 1st two weeks after an appointment, then the last two seem to take forever to go by...I just want to know baby is okay! My a/s is one week from today and I know it will be the longest week ever. Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll start to feel our babies move consistently enough to ease our worry a bit. Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Options
    imageerin5332:

Same here and I got proof when I went in for my 12 week apt. I had two dr apts back to back. First apt, my BP was high before I saw the ultrasound and heard the heart beat. After that, I relaxed a lot. My BP was back down below 'normal' at my second apt.  

A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world. - John le Carre BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like that until I hear that little HB on the doppler.  Then I'm relaxed...until the next appt anyway. 
    Daisypath baby
  • Options
    mols99mols99 member
    I get anxious too.  They usually have to take my blood pressure twice because I'm so nervous when I first get there.
  • Options
    imageiluvmylab:

This!

I have had two losses so I am only OK after going to the appt and hearing the hb and a couple days after. By the next week I am a nervous wreck. So much so that my dr sees me every other week so that I don't stress out the baby.

• Options
    im like that before each appt also! I am okay after i leave the appt for like a week and then i start getting anxiety that something is going wrong. I have never experienced a loss but i think i can't get over the fact that this pregnancy has been going so well, that something is bound to go wrong. My DH thinks im crazy and that i stress out too much, but ive always been this way!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers IMG_20120429_220657 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

omg!i feel the same way!! my mom was like no your not nervouse your excited. im like no, i am anxiouse!! i have mine every thursday once a month, and starting tuesday i start to get anxious! im kinda glad im not the only one.

i worry about the heartbeat being there, my weightgain, you name it. you are not alone! my heart even races a little bit, up until i hear that heartbear.

• Options

imagesunshine825:
    im like that before each appt also! I am okay after i leave the appt for like a week and then i start getting anxiety that something is going wrong. I have never experienced a loss but i think i can't get over the fact that this pregnancy has been going so well, that something is bound to go wrong. My DH thinks im crazy and that i stress out too much, but ive always been this way!

im the same way. iv always been like this, my mom and doctor are like geesh. but i get anxiety

• Options

I am glad I am not alone BUT hate that everyone else has to experience this anxiety too...

I have decided that pregnancy has made me insane!  I have anxiety about my Dr appointments, I get upset about DREAMS, I cry at billboards on the side of the road, etc..  21 weeks to go and I am afraid that my family may go insane before then!  ha ha ha

• Options

I do the exact same thing! I get so nervous before every appointment.   I am 15 weeks and high risk? I have to go twice a month, one to my regular OB and the other to Perinatal.  Perinatal freaks me out!  Last time I was there they had me all worked up for the first trimester screening saying at 26 years old I am at a high risk for Down syndrome (1 in 58 which equals out to 2% chance of something wrong and 98% everything is fine)? now I have to go back Monday and they want to do my 16 week screening and more tests to see if my chances went up or down.  I just want to cry before I even get off the elevator before I see them? they are kind of harsh too, they do not deliver news very well so I might change to a different group.  I am sorry everyone is going through this, but it is kind of nice to know that I am not the only one feeling like I am going crazy lol

BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • Options

I felt the same way for about the first 20 weeks.  For some reason, after the anatomy scan I haven't been as anxious about appointments.  But prior to that I felt like at every appointment they were going to either find something wrong or find out that the baby wasn't actually in there and I had hallucinated the entire thing.

I think movement really helps.  Once you start feeling the baby nonstop you feel more at ease that things are going okay in there.  But of course, that takes a while to start happening so just know your anxiety is something most women are feeling!

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm the same way.  I thought in the beginning it was just because it took us so long to conceive I kept waiting for someone to tell me it was all a joke!  But I've got a 19 weeks appt next week and I'm still nervous.  I've had to switch to afternoon appts because I'm so nervous I can't eat in the am before I go and then get sick. 

It's a psychological thing.  You go to the dr to make sure nothing's wrong so of course you're going to worry that something is wrong!  That's totally understandable I think.  Like people deliver in the hospital for that "what if" situation.  Naturally, you'd be anxious about all the possible what ifs. 

I always relax when I hear the hearbeat tho and I'm great for the rest of the day.  The dr pokes a little fun at me since he can tell I'm so nervous.  He always says "Baby's still in there.  You can breathe now." LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel the exact same way, before my doctor's appointments and inbetween my appointments.  I just remind myself that chances are greater that everything is fine, rather than not fine.  I've had two good ultrasounds and to relax.  You aren't alone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"