September 2011 Moms

s/o: Occupations post - what's your dream job?

I love the occupations post! I'm impressed by the diversity on this little board!!

I'm really not fulfilled with my current job so I love to daydream with what ifs?

If I could have any job I would run a non-profit that helps children in the sex trade in Asia. I know the job would be draining but I think I would love the work.

What would your dream job be?

Re: s/o: Occupations post - what's your dream job?

• College Mathematics Professor. Need my Ph.D. first.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sraexxsraexx member
    I want to own a small bistro/specialty foods shop.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • School or college counselor , I have the degree but haven't been able to secure a position in that area..it's so frustrating...
    Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • I have two:

1) Rescue Swimmer for the US Coast Guard. I get a rush just thinking about it. On a lesser scale, I'd be happy doing rescue swimming on a more local level (rivers, lakes, floods, etc)

2) I'd like to open a shelter for women and children who have been abused. I'd focus on all the training and help to help these women get ahead so they can get out of the situation and move on to better lives. I'd also provide extensive counseling for the children.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• KAK, have you read Somaly Mam's book, The Road of Lost Innocence?  It was really inspiring! I met her this fall.  

I really love my teaching job, but if I had to do something different (and training/schooling were no issue), I'd be a photojournalist or I'd have my own bakery! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd like to be a celebrity chef.  All of the glamour and creativity, none of the grunt work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm extremely lucky, my dream job is what I'm eventually going to be (surgeon). At least I think it will still be the dream job when I'm actually doing it. At least I wake up excited to work now....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagear78:

KAK, have you read Somaly Mam's book, The Road of Lost Innocence?  It was really inspiring! I met her this fall.  

I haven't read it but I'll check it out after I get done with all of my pregnancy reading. I read a great book on social entrepreneurs a few months back I think it was titled How to change the world, it really inspired me to do more. Now I just have to figure out my "how"! That's awesome that you were able to meet someone who's had such a great impact. I've read an article about her and was impressed.

• Tenure-track job at a research one university. Got the Ph.D. last year, hoping to line up the faculty position in the fall. We'll see. 
  • elyndselynds member
    I'm a high school teacher - I'd love to teach college once I finish my masters, but my dream would be top open a bakery for people with specific dietary needs (sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, etc).  I love baking, but after teaching I felt so bad when some kids couldn't have a treat (I'd bring cupcakes, but one kid had celiac disease, so she couldn't partake, etc.).  I think everyone deserves some treats.
  • Trophy Wife Wink  I just want to have to look pretty all the time!
  • honestly, SAHM. It might sound silly but even in high school it was what I wanted....even with my 4.3 GPA
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good one!
  • I'm pretty sure I've already found my dream job.  I love teaching 5th grade.  It's been the most fulfilling job I've had and I've had a lot of different jobs trying to find my place.  I haven't been a mom yet though, so my dream job could be SAHM too.  We'll see!
  • I wish I actually made a living from my art work. 

• Own a greenhouse.  And be wealthy and just be able to volunteer all over the place (hospitals, animal shelters, etc.)...I think that would be really rewarding and flexible so I could be with my kids, too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"