Babies: 3 - 6 Months

when to test...

I had my last period May 21 and have had lots of unprotected sex since then. I'm not on bcp. I took a test on Sunday and it was negative. Should I test again now or wait awhile? We weren't really trying to have another baby right now, but by not using protection, I guess we were. It'd be shocking, but I guess I would be ok with it. And btw, for my last period, I was having tons of labor like contractions for 4 days so they gave me that medicine to jump start my period. I know AF can be really irregular after having babies, so I'm just not sure when to test. 
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Re: when to test...

• No it wouldn't be shocking, you didn't use any form of birth control. Wrap his Willy or get on the pill if you are not sure about having kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagenbeseau:
    Face palm
    This.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageanna2029:
    I had my last period May 21 and have had lots of unprotected sex since then. I'm not on bcp. I took a test on Sunday and it was negative. Should I test again now or wait awhile? We weren't really trying to have another baby right now, but by not using protection, I guess we were. It'd be shocking, but I guess I would be ok with it. And btw, for my last period, I was having tons of labor like contractions for 4 days so they gave me that medicine to jump start my period. I know AF can be really irregular after having babies, so I'm just not sure when to test. 

Why would it be shocking if you got pregnant if you were having LOTS of unprotected sex? I'm pretty sure that is how babies are made in the first place, I could be wrong.

To answer your question as to when to test, I would wait another 5-7 days.

• I don't get what the shocking part would be? Did the stork not visit and promise you a baby from the cabbage patch while you where having lots of unprotected sex without birth control?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMomlovesEloise:
    I don't get what the shocking part would be? Did the stork not visit and promise you a baby from the cabbage patch while you where having lots of unprotected sex without birth control?
    LOL! Exactly. If you can't pass high school health, don't have sex.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You already have one child so clearly you know how the process works.  You being KTFU would not be shocking in the least.

I know, I know..you just asked when you are supposed to test...find the ovulation calculator thingie and it should tell you when you are supposed to test or something.  Right? I never charted. I actually forgot abotu testing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Indifferent
    Happy mommy to a sweet baby boy! CafeMom Tickers
  • imagenbeseau:
    imageMomlovesEloise:
    I don't get what the shocking part would be? Did the stork not visit and promise you a baby from the cabbage patch while you where having lots of unprotected sex without birth control?
    LOL! Exactly. If you can't pass high school health, don't have sex.
    Omg I loved cabbage patch kids. This post made me all nostalgic. :)
  • imageanna2029:

This is a dare, right?  Someone put you up to this post. 

• I would wait to test.  I got 2 false positive, we think it is from my pregnancy wit DD.  But we wanted to get pregnant, hence the unprotected sex. 
  • imagekdodge423:

Tuesday

Yes 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehjohn:
    imagekdodge423:

Tuesday

Yes 

All I was asking is when to test, that is all. I know I can get pregnant,  and I'm ok with getting preg. again this soon. I don't even know why I used the word shocking. I guess b/c the doctors told me I wouldn't even ever have children and I was shocked when I got preg. before, so I'd be shocked again, no matter when it is. We used condoms several times and every single time he used the pull out method, but it's still likely I could be pregnant. I didn't know there was a calulator on telling when to test, so thanks to the few people who actually answered the question I asked.. 

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
  • imageanna2029:

All I was asking is when to test, that is all. I know I can get pregnant,  and I'm ok with getting preg. again this soon. I don't even know why I used the word shocking. I guess b/c the doctors told me I wouldn't even ever have children and I was shocked when I got preg. before, so I'd be shocked again, no matter when it is. We used condoms several times and every single time he used the pull out method, but it's still likely I could be pregnant. I didn't know there was a calulator on telling when to test, so thanks to the few people who actually answered the question I asked.. 

Honey, pull-n-pray isn't birth control.   It's a method that lazy people use instead of condoms/pill/IUD.  If it turns out you aren't pg, you need to get on bc stat, unless you're actually trying to conceive.  And from the sound of things, you aren't. 

To answer your question, I think you need to wait about 1 week after your missed period.  Don't freak out...your last one was 5/21, it's only 6/22.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
  • Unprotected sex has an 85% failure rate, while pull out is only 27%.
  • imagekdodge423:

imageholly321:
    Unprotected sex has an 85% failure rate, while pull out is only 27%.

That's still a hell of a lot higher than 2% with a condom. And LMAO at the 85%. Yeah, over a year's time. You have a 20% chance of conceiving with perfect timing each cycle with no fertility issues.

From the CDC:

For example, the typical failure rate during the first year of use was 8% for oral contraceptives, 15% for male condoms, and 26% for periodic abstinence. In comparison, persons who always abstain will have a zero failure rate, women who always use oral contraceptives will have a near-zero (0.1%) failure rate, and consistent male condom users will have a 2% failure rate

OP- It's not that hard to avoid conceiving (not saying they are perfect- there will still be some pregnancies with anything other than abstinence even with perfect use). Start acting like a responsible parent.

It is for a year.

And for not preventing, not trying to conceive, I like the odds.  DD was conceived by pull out (we think) and I still like the odds.

• imageanna2029:
    imagehjohn:
    imagekdodge423:

Tuesday

Yes 

I don't know the answer, but I got it when you said 'shocked'! And by the way there are lots of families who dont use cond/bc... and don't have kids coming out ever year. GL

• I remember my response to my positive test with dd was repeating oh sh*t for about 5 minutes, and we had been trying, decided to wait for a few more months, so were waiting for my period to start bc, so she was on purpose.  So i too understand being shocked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"