January 2012 Moms

Problems swallowing vitamins

I have always had problems with swallowing any kind of pills.  When I first started taking the vitamins, it was no problem, but now that I've had ms I can't hardly get them down.  Anyone have any suggestions for getting vitamins down easier?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Problems swallowing vitamins

• I have a hard time too sometimes. For me it's easier to take them with milk or juice rather than water

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • can you switch to a gummy vitamin?  See if your OB will let you.  It cut down on how ill my PNVs made me.  I take 2 gummy vits one day and a regular prenatal the next.  But I'm also on an iron pill and they don't make those in gummies!!! LOL 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't swallow pills either. Last pregnancy I got the doc to approveme taking flinstones complete because they have everything I need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't swallow pills either. Last pregnancy I got the doc to approve me taking flinstones complete because they have everything I need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the ideas! I go back to Dr. next week. I'll add that to my list of questions.
  • I'm having the same problem! I tried the gummies for a while but then the taste started grossing me out, so, I went back to the pill form. To get them down I tried swallowing then with apple sauce, pudding, and yogurt. The apple sauce and yogurt had been working until today..well..today was not good :/ lol

• I was totally unable to keep down my PNVs, so I switched to 2 Flintstones. It was my doctor's idea. I think the gummy vitamins smell so gross - they made me sick when I wasn't pg, I can't imagine what they would do to me now. Ick!
    After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They have chewable prenatals.  Not the best taste but they don't upset my stomach like pill form vitamins.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"