Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I just need to be told this is totally normal

Please internet moms, diagnose DD as normal. H is at school and I get nervous when she acts strangely.  

I woke DD up this morning at 6am, like every morning. She BFed before school like normal. She slept from 8am-11:45am (way more than normal and she never goes the whole morning without a bottle), I went there and BFed her at noon, she drank 4 ounces at 1:45, and then slept again from 2-3:30 when I picked her up. She usually drinks 8-10 ounces of pumped milk while she's there and she only had 4. She was running a 100.9 fever when she came home. I gave her tylenol and she BFed fine. She went down for her usual nap at 6, woke up at 7 and dream fed, and now she's still sleeping. She was acting normally, drooling like a st. bernard, and shoving anything that could fit in her mouth so I assume she's teething. But, she's slept pretty much all day and hasn't eaten nearly what she usually does.

Should I just pass it off as teething?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I just need to be told this is totally normal

• erbearerbear member
    Normal. Kids go through phases. She could be teething or maybe sleeping off a growth spurt.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • could be a combo of teething and a growth spurt. The temp is a teething sign.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Had an identical day yesterday. My DD usually eats 32+oz and only at 24, and usually naps 2-3 hours and napped almost 7 hours!! And still STTN. No fever, but a very weird day. Well, I guess I say that, I never took her temp...but didn't notice a fever. But I was concerned too. Today she was back to normal. She's 4mo1wk. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Thanks, I needed the reassurance. I just hate when she's not feeling well. And I think that being hone alone, makes me stew in my baby paranoia. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageerbear:
    Normal. Kids go through phases. She could be teething or maybe sleeping off a growth spurt.

This.  DD and DS go through phases where they eat more than usual, and phases where they eat less than usual.  As long as she's behaving normally (smiling, being active, etc), then she's fine.  The elevated temp and drooling could definitely be a sign of teething.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket
  • DD had a similar day last week.  She slept a crazy amount, wouldn't eat, had a really low fever, and kept violently shoving her fists in her mouth.  Next day, she was back to normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"