Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Postpartum Depression / Anxiety ?

For those of you who got this, what were your symptoms and how did they treat it? I think I may have it, and it may be along with other things...

My symptoms are: ANXIETY, STRESSED, cry easily, paranoid and worried about everything, get really shaking because of stress, no interest in sex, hurts during sex, not wanting to leave my baby and wanting to spend EVERY minute with him.

Also, nausea, chills, hot flashes, lightheaded/dizzy, big weight loss, hard to sleep, also fatigued, every bowl movement I have had since ds birth has been diahrea, have the flu sympotms bad, pain in tummy and cramps and pains.

I have been like like this pretty much since I have had my son (3 months)

Im stressed because I dont want to be at work and leave my baby, I dont want to go to work because my boss stresses me out, after summer I wont have a babysitter anymore and I can't find a replacement, stressed financially, Im stressed out about being sick, being sick at work, and being sick in public (when it hits be it hits me hard and I have to go!), stressed about the vacations my family is planning because I dont want to share a bathroom with people and be sick, stressed my husband will leave me or cheat because I never am in the mood and it hurts when we try, and stressed about trying to hide this from everyone. Its embarassing and I dont want people to know. (hubby knows)

So it was long, I was needing to vent... and Im just scared/stressed on what to do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Postpartum Depression / Anxiety ?

• KRTKRT member
    imageBraylonIsExpectedMarch28:

For those of you who got this, what were your symptoms and how did they treat it? I think I may have it, and it may be along with other things...

My symptoms are: ANXIETY, STRESSED, cry easily, paranoid and worried about everything, get really shaking because of stress, no interest in sex, hurts during sex, not wanting to leave my baby and wanting to spend EVERY minute with him.

Also, nausea, chills, hot flashes, lightheaded/dizzy, big weight loss, hard to sleep, also fatigued, every bowl movement I have had since ds birth has been diahrea, have the flu sympotms bad, pain in tummy and cramps and pains.

I have been like like this pretty much since I have had my son (3 months)

Im stressed because I dont want to be at work and leave my baby, I dont want to go to work because my boss stresses me out, after summer I wont have a babysitter anymore and I can't find a replacement, stressed financially, Im stressed out about being sick, being sick at work, and being sick in public (when it hits be it hits me hard and I have to go!), stressed about the vacations my family is planning because I dont want to share a bathroom with people and be sick, stressed my husband will leave me or cheat because I never am in the mood and it hurts when we try, and stressed about trying to hide this from everyone. Its embarassing and I dont want people to know. (hubby knows)

So it was long, I was needing to vent... and Im just scared/stressed on what to do.

You could have a few things going on - I think Depression/Anxiety is definitely a possibility but you may also want your dr to run some bloodwork.  Thyroid disorders can also be a possibility PP as well as gallbladder issues.  I hope you feel better soon!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree with PP.  I think you have more going on then PPD and would make an appointment to see the dr.  Especially with all of the tummy issues.  With all of that going on you must be stressed!  I hope you feel better soon.  Good luck!
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • WOW you just described exactly how I feel...let me know what you find out...

Hope you feel better soon - I know it's not fun to feel this way...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers image image Photobucket
  • imageSkittles2113:

WOW you just described exactly how I feel...let me know what you find out...

Hope you feel better soon - I know it's not fun to feel this way...

NO WAY ...  Thank god Im not the only one... Let me know if you find out anything either... this is getting rediculous.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It sounds like PPD/anxiety. Depression can cause stomach troubles. I would check in with your dr to be on the safe side though, encase you have a thyroid condition which is pretty common after you have a baby.

I have have PPD/anxiety and it didn't hit until I stopped breastfeeding/pumping.  I was hit with an incredible wave of sadness, everything made me cry. I literally spent an entire day in bed crying! I called the dr the next day and she has me on an antidepressant. Good luck!

Happy mommy to a sweet baby boy! CafeMom Tickers
  • I actually just went to my OB last week about my PPD. I was exahusted (even though sleeping well) I never wanted to leave the house, I didn't want to talk to anyone. I was tired of being a mom and wife and just wanted to run away. I couldn't bring myself to get ready in the morning I just walked around in my PJ's all day and did nothing. I just felt like I was in a dark place and no one understood. But my OB did, she was amazing and so was my DH. I talked to them about what I was feeling and they said I wasn't alone.

She put me on Wellbutrin and so far I fill a little better 

Call your OB, I am sooooo glad I did 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"