Single Parents

What to do.

Well I am recently single and i am going through a divorce. I really want to learn a new hobby or something to do to get me out of the house.. Its hard coming home and sitting here and thinking about my past...

I dont want to take a cooking class or write a book i want to do something out of the box.. I know im being a pain but none of that stuff really interest me. If you have any idea please leave me a message.

Thanks Courtney

Re: What to do.

• I like crocheting when I have time. It's portable and it helps me relax and I don't have time to think about things when I do it.

• Loading the player...
  • There are a lot of things you could do to get out of the house: Go to a movie, join a club that interests you, go to the library, go for a walk, get a camera and start taking pictures, paint, start a garden or volunteer at a shelter/church/food pantry.

You could also see if a local college offers any courses you might be interested in taking.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes, I am going back to school this fall semester. Obv I don't know your financial situation, but it works great for me because I received a grant so I'm actually getting money to go to school, I have something to do to fill up my free time rather than wasting time surfing the net, watching tv, stressing about the situation with EX. I am really looking forward to the sense of accomplishment I will have every time I finish a paper, get a good grade, etc. I can't wait to have my degree and start providing a better life for myself and DD.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • They have  (free) classes at my library thats for infants and toddlers. Sometimes they read stories, and do things in the PJ's but its fun and E LOVES it. Look for your nearest library, they may offer classes and things. Also I run in the mornings, relieves stress and its a great workout. And one last thing eventhough its indoors is scrapbooking. I love it, and its a great way to save all your childs memories.

Good Luck!!!

• Belly dancing?  Zumba?  Join a book club.  Start your own blog.  take online courses and slowly work towards a degree.  The possiblities are endless.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Get a camera (here is a used DSLR from a reputable site with the standard kit lens for $209) - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800787397-USE/Nikon_25231_D50_Digital_Camera_Kit.html

Get a book, and learn to use it!  Practice on flowers, other kids, things around the house.... so when baby gets here you will be a pro!

DD1 01.19.07
    DD2 11.17.08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"