June 2011 Moms
Options

Sent Home from L&D

So I went into L&D this morning but was sent home due to irregular contractions. I'm in the early stages of labor. I guess my LO didn't want to wait until the induction date. 

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope with the pain? I'm rocking and breathing but ugh! I know labor is pain and work but feeling this way this early on is scaring me about what is to come!  

Re: Sent Home from L&D

• Options
    I found laying back on the birthing ball helped, and the hot shower was really nice. Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah my irregular contractions are also painful.  I sit in my recliner and sometimes have my mini massager on my back that helps.  Sitting on the birthing ball and taking a hot bath has helped take the edge off.  Better yet - my doc ordered me to have a glass of wine with dinner to help me deal.
    Anthony Javier will be here soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My biggest advice is to relax.  I know its so cliche but when you allow yourself to relax, the pain doesnt seem nearly as bad. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am going through this now and a warm bath has been the most helpful thing so far.
  • Options
    isn't it just crazy trying to keep them in with our cerclages and all and then having to be induced?!
  • Options

imageAprilLynn09:
    isn't it just crazy trying to keep them in with our cerclages and all and then having to be induced?!

YES! In fact the doctor's laughed at me saying that it happens this way very often. *sigh*

At any rate I'm timing again because I can't imagine being in pain all through the night and all day tomorrow :(  

• Options
    I think I took 4 or 5 hot baths in the afternoon my labor started. It was the only way I could find any relief. Definitely give it a try! Good luck :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"