Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Down to 1 nap at 14.5 mos?

LO seems to be fighting napping lately. He fought them all week last week for my Mom (who watches him during the week), then did pretty well while we were out of town this weekend sleeping in his pack n' play (he did have to cry up to 20 mins sometimes to get to sleep but I blamed that on being in a different place).  Today we were back to "normal" and I was off of work and he wouldn't take a morning nap. I let him cry it out for 40 mins then finally threw in the towel. Put him back down at 2 and he passed right out for almost 2 hours. Do you think he's easing into 1 nap a day? Or is it just a napping hiccup?

Re: Down to 1 nap at 14.5 mos?

• Not sure about your LO, but mine went down to one nap around 13 months. She is so active, that stopping and napping is sooo not her thing! She takes one 1 1/2 hour nap every day and sleeps about 11 hours each  night. 
    Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know every child is different, but my DD started transitioning to one nap at 11 months.  So, I wouldn't say its not a possiblility that he's transitioning to one nap.  I would suggest giving him a little longer with the same times and place to see if he goes back to his old schedule, but if not, you may now have a one nap a day kid.  GL!
    >a>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO dropped down to 1 nap about 2 weeks ago, right before his first birthday.  He sleeps from about 12:00 to about 2:30.  He goes to be around 7:30 and sleeps about 12 hours.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Sounds like he's ready for one nap. DS did the exact same thing at that age. I started putting him down then for one nap at 11:30 and we've had no issues since.
  • I've got nothing here.  My kid takes 2 naps every day and some days even 3 if he woke up really early.  He loves his sleep just like his mom and dad :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• thanks to you all for responding - man I love this board so much!!! not sure what i'd do without it!
  • My DD started dropping to 1 nap at 9 months and was completely done with the transition at 10 months.

DS was on 2 naps without much fuss and when we got back from a vacation last week, he was really fighting bedtime. . . seemed like he wasn't tired, so I just put him on one nap (starting around noon or 12:30) and boom, bedtime is fine again.  No transition, really.  He just turned 14 months.

imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Daycare schedule forced us into the one nap a day routine at 12 months.  I'm not sure DD was totally ready at 12 months, but she did okay.  By 14.5 months she definently was fine with one nap.  Everyone is different, but sounds like one nap might be the way to go now on most days!
    www.mommypoints.com
  • Both of mine were down to 1 nap before they were a year old.  Just play it by ear...
  • My DD went down to one nap aroun 11 months. She sleeps for about 2 hours between noon and 3 (usually depending on what we're doing that day). She sleeps bout 11 hours at night. She had her appt today and her dr said that was perfectly normal for some kids.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine was (and is) a power sleeper. She dropped to 1 nap at 13.5 mos. At 9 mos she was still taking 3. Just for reference.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS went down to one nap a day about 14 months (earlier at daycare, where he was down to one right after a year). I'd say that's what might be happening with your DS.

• Around 13 months, my DD started refusing one of her naps.  She would play in her crib for a full hour and not sleep.  So I started slowly transitioning her 1st nap to a little later and then eliminated the 2nd nap and she is so much happier.  Now she takes 1 nap a day at 12:00 and sleeps anywhere from 2-3 hours. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"