Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Nap help!

It's killing me! I feel like I spend hours every day trying to get her to nap but she wakes up every 15-30 minutes. We went back to swaddling because she wouldn't go down at all but it's not really helping. I watch her awake tines, I read her cues and get her ready and nothing! She's clearly tired...when I pick her up she falls promptly back to sleep...as long as I'm holding her. Any advice??? Btw, she's started not sleeping well at night too, which I'm sure is all related...
"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Re: Nap help!

• This is bad advice. Ellie sleeps best in dangerous situations. Left on our bed, on a pillow, on the couch, etc. If I can stay in the same room with her I'll let her sleep on a soft surface because she'll stay asleep.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Does she wake up and scream?  Or just whine/fuss?  My LO wakes up and fusses a little bit but we let her fuss for a few minutes during naps because she'll usually go back to sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • erbearerbear member

imagebecky2v:
    Does she wake up and scream?  Or just whine/fuss?  My LO wakes up and fusses a little bit but we let her fuss for a few minutes during naps because she'll usually go back to sleep.

screams like we're killing her.

sigh. i just nursed her down. This is going to come back to bite me but for a few peaceful minutes, they're both asleep...

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • imageHeifergal:
    This is bad advice. Ellie sleeps best in dangerous situations. Left on our bed, on a pillow, on the couch, etc. If I can stay in the same room with her I'll let her sleep on a soft surface because she'll stay asleep.

I used to do the same sometimes with my Ellee. However she seems to sleep best and for longest in her crib. I turn a floor fan on for "white noise" and to drown out other noises. When she seems tired but cranky in my arms, I will put her down in her crib and let her cry. She's usually asleep within 5 minutes. She has also started waking up and "talking". Usually she will "talk" herself back to sleep, so I wait until I hear her crying before I go and get her up.

• imageerbear:

imagebecky2v:
    Does she wake up and scream?  Or just whine/fuss?  My LO wakes up and fusses a little bit but we let her fuss for a few minutes during naps because she'll usually go back to sleep.

screams like we're killing her.

sigh. i just nursed her down. This is going to come back to bite me but for a few peaceful minutes, they're both asleep...

Eek.  I hope it's just a phase (maybe 4mw) and you can keep helping her back to sleep for now (I think an overtired baby is even harder to put to sleep).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Unless she's held, my DD will only sleep 30 minutes. We tried beating her, but not even that worked.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"