Babies: 3 - 6 Months

would you be mad?

Would you be mad that your MIL got your husband, her son, a father's card from our DS to his daddy.  and yes i did get one from OUR son to his dad. Or am I looking for reasons to be mad at my MIL?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: would you be mad?

• Yep. That's right up MIL's alley! 
    She bought DH some bacon once... Bacon.. 
    I mean.. why?!

Because he likes bacon. So she bought him some bacon.
    Then she got mad at him because he thought it was a silly thing to do, so she never gave it to him...
  • Yeah that would definately annoy me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's sweet. I don't think there is anything wrong with both of you doing this...you both love him and wanted his Father's Day to be special.
  • I think you're looking. He's her son and she is excited that he's a father so she got him a card. I don't think it's a big deal. If it bothers you that bad frame the one you got him and burn hers.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't be mad, but I would give it a side-eye.

• I wouldn't be mad, but it would be weird. My in-laws gave MH a father's day card, but it was from them. Now if they helped Lucas make a card for him (with his hand print or something like that) I could see it being from Lucas.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I change my mind... kind of. I got a mother's day card from ILs, and  didn't think that was weird. But if they'd made it so the card was coming from DD, it would have been weird.
    It wouldn't have been weird if they gave DH card from them... but if it was from them in DD's name, it would be weird... 
  • I don't really see the problem. The same happened to me, and I didn't even think twice about it. I guess they were thinking it's "father's day" so the gift should be from child to father, but they wanted to get him something. Besides, he's a big boy- he knows it's really from them :)
  • It's a little different, weird maybe, but nothing to get mad over IMO
  • erbearerbear member
    Meh. It's a little odd but I wouldn't be mad. You're looking for something to pick on, I think.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I think it's an interesting choice, but it wouldn't make me mad.
  • imageHeifergal:
    I think you're looking. He's her son and she is excited that he's a father so she got him a card. I don't think it's a big deal. If it bothers you that bad frame the one you got him and burn hers.

This! It's her son and he's a new daddy so I would think it was sweet. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • It's a little strange but also a little sweet.  I wouldn't be mad.  
  • i know she was happy for it being his 1st fathers day...i understand that...but she did get him a card from them too....i guess it is just a side eye situation.   
  • I do find it odd. Mad, probably not because it seems to me like your MIL probably has done things like this before. I would just shrug and think to myself, "that's MIL for you."
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"