June 2011 Moms

"Forced" Induction = Epic Fail!

So, as I had mentioned before, our doctors insisted that I HAD to be inducted at 40w, 5d. (In fact, they wanted me to go at 40w, 2d, but I managed to fight for a few extra days). I was not happy, but really felt bullied into it, so my Sweetheart and I went at 9pm Friday night.

Guess who came home tonight without a Baby? After 48+ hours in the hospital, 2 rounds of Cervidil, a membrane sweep, and maxing out on 15 hours of Pitocin, I am still only dilated 1cm. It was finally decided that maybe I was *RIGHT* and the Baby isn't ready.

Ultrasound showed Baby is perfect. We're to go back when labor really starts or I hit 42 weeks (at which reinduction eek!). After the sweep, I lost the mucous plug, so I am hopeful it will happen in a few days.

Otherwise, can't wait to see the doctors on Tuesday! And, even better, my husband will be with me. (I am relieved that the doctor who was the meanest about induction will not be there that day - the hospital nurses already checked for us; I am going to insist that our appt is with the head Dr.)

peace,
katharine

Book-Kitten blog

Re: "Forced" Induction = Epic Fail!

• Ugh, that fvcking SUCKS! Part of the main reason I didn't want to be induced. Fingers crossed that the sweep works for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • OMG so sorry you had to endure that! Yea at this point I'm begging for an induction date (which I'll get later today) but I hope this isn't my experience.

Good luck and labor dust to both of us!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry you had to go through all that but I'm glad you have another chance at going into labor on your own!  Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Crossing my fingers that something happens soon! 
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • sounds like quite the ordeal.  nice that you get to go home and wait a few more days for something to occur naturally.  good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"