Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Ex's?

Does anyone else have an ex that still contacts them randomly? Even though you don't encourage it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ex's?

• Not an ex husband, but an ex boyfriend, yes. DH hates him and he is bad for me. I admit I have his number still programmed in my cell so I can avoid his calls. 
  • imagehersheykiss:
    Not an ex husband, but an ex boyfriend, yes. DH hates him and he is bad for me. I admit I have his number still programmed in my cell so I can avoid his calls. 

Why don't you block his calls?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. It got kinda out of out control to where DH messaged him on facebook to leave me alone. Then he got all defensive like he wasn't doing anything wrong.

EDIT: Also, an ex boyfriend. 

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• I have 2, just boyfriends no husbands!

One, we're trying to maintain a friendship.  The other one has a really cruddy family and sometimes calls when he needs some support. Thankfully, DH is supportive, understanding, and not the jealous type!

• Hell no, we're cordial if we see eachother out and about, but they would never contact me. Ex's are ex's for a reason, theres no need for that part of my past in my present :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Generally, I'm friends with most all of my ex's (boyfriends, as I dont have an ex husband). They flow in and out of my life and we normally catch up from time to time. DH knows about it and is fine with it, he is pretty much the same way with a few of his ex's.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had one that would not leave me alone.  We had to block his number because he was sending texts and calling all the time.  I have 2 others that I talk to every once and awhile (we are friends on FB kinda thing).  Funny thing is my husband works a part-time and my ex-fiance dispatches for him.  Ex is remarried and we stayed close friends even after we split.  My husband was a little jealous at first but has realized that EX and I have NO interest in one another! 

I don't think it is odd at all.  My husband has several Ex-girlfriends on his facebook page that comment on posts and pictures regularly.  I even invited them to DH's surprise 30th birthday party at the end of the month!

• I used to but I ignored all of his phone calls/texts/emails, ect for 1 year and he finally gave up. He even flew to Florida with some friends and was trying to stop by my house. I made sure I wasn't home all weekend. He is crazy and bad for me. It's been 4 years since I've heard from him now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAshleygoo:
    Generally, I'm friends with most all of my ex's (boyfriends, as I dont have an ex husband). They flow in and out of my life and we normally catch up from time to time. DH knows about it and is fine with it, he is pretty much the same way with a few of his ex's.

This is me. I did have one ex-BF who, while not contacting me often, would randomly send me a message over My Space (it's been awhile).  I was fine with it b/c he was a terrible person when we dated and I put up with a lot of crap from him. His emails were apologies and I was happy to see that he had joined the military and was working on things. I did not reply to his messages, though. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • imagelilhotcandie69:

imagehersheykiss:
    Not an ex husband, but an ex boyfriend, yes. DH hates him and he is bad for me. I admit I have his number still programmed in my cell so I can avoid his calls. 

Why don't you block his calls?

Honestly? Because I am lazy and never went onto the Verizon website to figure it out. He calls so infrequently (like once every 6 months) to complain about how I don't talk to him anymore that most of the time it just goes to voice mail.

• Nope!

Back-story, we dated for 7 years and dumped me over the phone. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

My ex BF and I broke up in 2002.  I was heartbroken in the beginning and tried to keep up an email relationship with him for about a year after the break-up.  I would write him about once a month. Looking back I was an empty shell of a person still trying to hold onto the past.  To be blind-sided and dumped over the phone doesn't allow for any sort of closure.  To me it was like he died and I was trying my hardest to mourn the loss of a friend and partner.

...Now I would tell him to go fvck himself if he were to ever contact me.  He hasn't so there's no contact even though we have 9 friends in common on FB.

What happened is he didn't tell me he was with someone new and she apparently found out we were talking every so often and she made him stop.  One day I found he blocked me on IM and stopped replying to my emails.  If he would have been honest and told me that he was with someone else and needed to cut ties then I would have respected his wishes.  It was a total blow to be deserted all over again.

Later that year I was waiting for a flight on New Years Eve with my husband (then BF)  He was walking through the terminal, we made eye-contact and he kept on walking right past me.   I knew for sure at that point he was nothing more than a stranger to me.

• I have one that I am still good friends with. He is married and has a DS that is a couple months older than DD so all 6 of us like to get together every now and then and have a play date. I get along great with his wife so me and her talk and caught up and DH and my ex talk and catch up. We were all three (DH, myself and ex) friends before we started dating. We use to go to church together.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"