3rd Trimester

Rude People

So, you would never go up to an obese person and point out their size to them or go up to someone with Lupus and ask if they did their make-up without a mirror, right?  So, WHY OH WHY do people think it's ok to go up to an obviously late-term pregnant woman and ask her things like "are you having twins" or say things like "you're huge!".  Hello, mofos ... you're being INSENSITIVE AND RUDE!!!!!! 

Re: Rude People

• people lose their filter w/ pregnant women. who knows why it happens so often. i just try to let it not get to me.
  • No kidding! Last weekend my MIL said something to me about when the twins are born. Um, you know very well we're not having twins lady, and every comment like that adds another 15 minutes to how long I'll make you wait to meet your new grandchild.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagechillyupnorth:
    No kidding! Last weekend my MIL said something to me about when the twins are born. Um, you know very well we're not having twins lady, and every comment like that adds another 15 minutes to how long I'll make you wait to meet your new grandchild.

You might be my hero.

I actually had someone ask me if i had started to lose any weight yet. Nope sorry still PG. People are stupid and should probably think before they open their mouths.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So true..... people are very rude to pregnant women, which you would think that other women would be more sensitive but they are not! So far I've gotten the, "oh you must be farther along than that, you're so big" and was even referred to as a "miniature jaba the hut"!! I'm 5'0" tall so I don't carry weight very well so I may look that way but it still hurt my feelings so much.  Although with the last comment, the person doesn't know that I know they called me that but even so people should just keep their mouth's shut, I could find faults with all of them as well but out of respect I would never point it out to them......
  • What's the big deal? Being big is part of being pregnant, I think I look beautiful and round and womanly. If you can't take a joke then just stay home.

Being pregnant is nothing like being obese...and I think obese people should be told how gross they are.

• imagechillyupnorth:
    No kidding! Last weekend my MIL said something to me about when the twins are born. Um, you know very well we're not having twins lady, and every comment like that adds another 15 minutes to how long I'll make you wait to meet your new grandchild.

I am seriously loving you right now...

• Yep!  I had some old man tell me that I was going to be "as big as a house" when the baby comes.  Umm...I have only gained 5lbs my whole pregnancy thus far.  My Dr is very happy with my weight and size and says I am right on target.  I just want to shake people.  The other thing that drives me nuts is people telling me that the Dr must be wrong because they think I am carrying low, which they say means I am having a boy not a girl.  I think after the 4th time of them checking they must have a pretty good idea that this is a lil girl!  People are ridiculous.
  • imagearuiz1982:

What's the big deal? Being big is part of being pregnant, I think I look beautiful and round and womanly. If you can't take a joke then just stay home.

Being pregnant is nothing like being obese...and I think obese people should be told how gross they are.

I agree, but sometimes we have emotional/more sensative days and when people comment on how big you are when you feel like ***, I totally understand why women get pissed.

• imagesamanthadarneille:
    imagearuiz1982:

What's the big deal? Being big is part of being pregnant, I think I look beautiful and round and womanly. If you can't take a joke then just stay home.

I agree, but sometimes we have emotional/more sensative days and when people comment on how big you are when you feel like ***, I totally understand why women get pissed.

Well thats not the other peoples problem. It's your own.

• imagearuiz1982:

A) yes, part of "being pregnant" is gaining weight... no one is complaining about that in this thread. B) how are the comments "you're huge" etc a joke?? I have never found those comments funny at all. Is it a joke if I walk up to a complete stranger and say 'you're ugly'??? I highly doubt that person would think that.

OP, I totally get where you are coming from, I was just telling MH the other day that you're supposed to tell pg women how beautiful they are and they're glowing and yada yada, not that they are huge!! Stick out tongue

• Actually a person is considered obese based on their height weight ratio ( and yes I'm sure you already knew that....)  So I'm pretty sure most pregnant women are considered obese by 9 months, I suppose they deserve to be told they are gross?  And every women is more sensitive about certain things than others.  So weight jokes don't bother you, good for you.  But you would probably be upset if someone did take something you are sensitive about and threw it in your face constantly. 
  • imageZachMatt11:
    Actually a person is considered obese based on their height weight ratio ( and yes I'm sure you already knew that....)  So I'm pretty sure most pregnant women are considered obese by 9 months, I suppose they deserve to be told they are gross?  And every women is more sensitive about certain things than others.  So weight jokes don't bother you, good for you.  But you would probably be upset if someone did take something you are sensitive about and threw it in your face constantly. 

No, I take nothing personally. I see myself as beautiful, no one can shake that.

• I think people think it's okay to comment as pregnancy (and being large as a result) is a temporary situation and all for a good cause.  These comments tend not to bother me but that's because I am huge, there's no denying it, but I know many women are much more sensitive than I am.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Everytime I see my MIL she makes a huge deal of how big I have gotten. I must be getting stretch marks I am growing so quickly and huge. I see her atleast once a week too. I tell her I am actually not that big I am growing right on track. She goes I dont think thats possible you just look so huge. It annoys me so badly! I say well I am getting bigger because your grandchild inside of me is getting bigger daily! She is suppose to be!

• imagearuiz1982:

I think people who make rude insenstive comments are gross.

• imagehailcamp:
    imagearuiz1982:

I think fat slobs and women who think others must cater to their emotional needs are gross.

• imagearuiz1982:
    imagehailcamp:
    imagearuiz1982:

I think fat slobs and women who think others must cater to their emotional needs are gross.

wow who peed in your cornflakes? I think you are reading this entire thread wrong. no one is asking to be catered to. just keep your damn mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say... there is absolutely no reason to tell someone who's pregnant how big you think they look. Hmm
  • Sorry lady but everyone has something that bothers them and I'm not talking just physical things.  For example, it obviously bothers you that some pregnant women don't appreciate fat comments or else you wouldn't waste your time posting about it and responding to everyone.  However, I give you props for your confidence
  • imageJesykaC21:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagehailcamp:
    imagearuiz1982:

wow who peed in your cornflakes? I think you are reading this entire thread wrong. no one is asking to be catered to. just keep your damn mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say... there is absolutely no reason to tell someone who's pregnant how big you think they look. Hmm

HAHAHAHAH LMAO!! That just made my day Wink

• I get the comments a lot...just today, my husband's section chief decided to point out how 'large' I am, and that I should watch out around the new guys, I might knock their 'scrawny butts over with that tummy' of mine. I'm also getting a lot of comments on how surprised people are I am still even pregnant. "You look like you should have pushed that baby out a month ago". Ok...thank you everyone...I needed to hear these oh so lovely comments. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My doctor says I'm right on track, and I'm not due for a little over a week yet. Granted, I WISH she would come now, but I'm not SURPRISED I'm still pregnant, and neither is my doctor.

I also can't stand people who would tell someone they look gross because of their weight, or for any other reason. If anyone were to every tell my father he looked gross because he was obese, they might be arresting one very pregnant lady for beating the crud out of someone. Some people have problems where they are over weight for a reason. Not because they WANT to be over weight, but because they honestly can't help it. THAT'S why you should never tell a person they look fat or such, no matter what the circumstances. You have no clue what's going on. Only a doctor should be able to tell someone "Hey, you are unhealthy, lose weight." Why should a pregnant woman have to hear the rude and hurtful comments?

• imageJesykaC21:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagehailcamp:
    imagearuiz1982:

The OP is complaing about people who make comments she finds rude, anbd Im complaining about people who complain about other peoples comments. And now you are complaining about me.

• Yeah, this seems to be an inescapable aspect of being pregnant.  I had a woman yesterday notice me as I was lumbering toward my local Publix.  "Woo, girl, you're about to pop aren't ya?!  And in this heat, too.  Well, congratulations!"

Part of me wanted to be annoyed, but she actually had a very jolly countenance, she was very sweet, and clearly had no intent to be offensive at all, so I just thanked her with a smile and continued waddling into the store.

// I love you too. //

• imageEiskonigin:

I get the comments a lot...just today, my husband's section chief decided to point out how 'large' I am, and that I should watch out around the new guys, I might knock their 'scrawny butts over with that tummy' of mine. I'm also getting a lot of comments on how surprised people are I am still even pregnant. "You look like you should have pushed that baby out a month ago". Ok...thank you everyone...I needed to hear these oh so lovely comments. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My doctor says I'm right on track, and I'm not due for a little over a week yet. Granted, I WISH she would come now, but I'm not SURPRISED I'm still pregnant, and neither is my doctor.

I also can't stand people who would tell someone they look gross because of their weight, or for any other reason. If anyone were to every tell my father he looked gross because he was obese, they might be arresting one very pregnant lady for beating the crud out of someone. Some people have problems where they are over weight for a reason. Not because they WANT to be over weight, but because they honestly can't help it. THAT'S why you should never tell a person they look fat or such, no matter what the circumstances. You have no clue what's going on. Only a doctor should be able to tell someone "Hey, you are unhealthy, lose weight." Why should a pregnant woman have to hear the rude and hurtful comments?

Oh fighting over words someone has said is ever so classy. Cute picture of your kid in camouflage also, I'm sure you are teaching him the same values. "If you take personal offense to what someone says, you can go head and lay your hands on them".

Loooooser!

Also, only 1% of obese people are that way because of a valid health issue. The rest are lazy and do not eat properly or exercise enough and regularly. Sorry, it's the truth.

• imagearuiz1982:
    imageEiskonigin:

I get the comments a lot...just today, my husband's section chief decided to point out how 'large' I am, and that I should watch out around the new guys, I might knock their 'scrawny butts over with that tummy' of mine. I'm also getting a lot of comments on how surprised people are I am still even pregnant. "You look like you should have pushed that baby out a month ago". Ok...thank you everyone...I needed to hear these oh so lovely comments. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. My doctor says I'm right on track, and I'm not due for a little over a week yet. Granted, I WISH she would come now, but I'm not SURPRISED I'm still pregnant, and neither is my doctor.

Oh fighting over words someone has said is ever so classy. Cute picture of your kid in camouflage also, I'm sure you are teaching him the same values. "If you take personal offense to what someone says, you can go head and lay your hands on them".

Loooooser!

Also, only 1% of obese people are that way because of a valid health issue. The rest are lazy and do not eat properly or exercise enough and regularly. Sorry, it's the truth.

You find you start taking things a lot more seriously the less time you have left with that person. I only have a short amount of time left with my father, and to tell a dying man he is gross...well, I don't think a person should be able to walk away without a shiner after something like that. Say what you will about me, but try to be a little more sensitive toward others. You don't know their situation. What will you do? Walk up to an over weight person and ask them, "Are you over weight because of health reasons, or do you just like finding Cheetos under your rolls?" I doubt you could stoop so low...the point is, don't make rude comments. It's belittling, and it shows ignorance.

• imagearuiz1982:

Loooooser!

All right troll, no one really cares what you think.  

I'm glad that you found a way to amuse yourself by purposely starting fights on a message board.  You are super cool.

BFP #1 - Twin B lost at 5w
    Bryce Addison  I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
    Our baby boy was born sleeping on 9.17.10. He was 19w1d.
    BFP #2 - Twin B lost at 4w
    Twin A
    BFP #3 - Lost at 5w
    BFP #4 - Lost at 4w
    BFP #5

• imagearuiz1982:
    imageEiskonigin:

Loooooser!

I think you are EXTREMELY rude, plus who are you to judge others about the lessons they teach their children. No one likes a negative nancy and that is exactly who you are being right now.

• And I am sure everyone thinks that you should go back in your hole...Because NOBODY here cares what you have to say....Did you not get that last time you posted?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers babies
  • imageZachMatt11:
    So true..... people are very rude to pregnant women, which you would think that other women would be more sensitive but they are not! So far I've gotten the, "oh you must be farther along than that, you're so big" and was even referred to as a "miniature jaba the hut"!! I'm 5'0" tall so I don't carry weight very well so I may look that way but it still hurt my feelings so much.  Although with the last comment, the person doesn't know that I know they called me that but even so people should just keep their mouth's shut, I could find faults with all of them as well but out of respect I would never point it out to them......

Did you punch this person in the throat?  If not can you find them and do it now?

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • i agree!   it is rude when you think about it.  i wonder  if people actually know that they are being rude and do it on purpose.   people ask me if i'm having twins, and i answer them 'yes' and they're like 'oh wow'. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagervandiver0705:
    imagearuiz1982:

Loooooser!

I'm glad that you found a way to amuse yourself by purposely starting fights on a message board.  You are super cool.

LOL! I love it! But come on now... you came onto a message board full of overly emotional (and I mean the whole emotion spectrum Stick out tongue) 3rd trimester pregnant woman and started something? How was that even a challenge enough to be entertaining??

• imagechillyupnorth:

Bahahahaha!! Love it!

• I'm going to use the 15 minute thing for alot of people!!!!  Thanks for the idea!!!
  • imagervandiver0705:
    imagearuiz1982:

Loooooser!

Yep.... "aruiz1982" is the chick that always has a judgmental comment about people's post.  Its her M.O., people should take what she says with a grain of salt.  I think she just likes to cause drama for the thrill of it, because in the end it's all anonymous.  I highly doubt she believes half the stuff she says, and probably would never say it to a live person. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"