Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

How old was LO when they were done with bottles?

We're down to twice a day, but I'm worried that's still too much.  I know "they" say to stop at 1 year but I haven't been able to yet since we moved and things have been hectic.  When did your LO give up bottles??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How old was LO when they were done with bottles?

• We stopped at 11 months, we were lucky and it was no problem for him. I wouldnt worry too much yet, just keep cutting back and maybe pick a time to stop completely.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not yet!  He still gets one before his nap and at bedtime.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Natalie was 13 months, Olivia was 15ths, and we are yet to know with Dominic:)

He's down to three bottles right now.

Most of my friends/family have bottles for their LO's at 18months and beyond.    

• Oh, and I was feeling like I was the only one still giving bottles at this age!  That makes me feel so much better!  Thx.  We got rid of the nighttime one, which seems to be the most difficult, I'll keep working our way down to none~
  • Took DD to the dentist and quit bottles the same week: 16 1/2 months.  There weren't any cavities or anything the dentist just encouraged us to quit the bottle habit.  Honestly, I thought it would be a lot harder than it was.  I just packed them up and that was that.  She drinks less but that was what the pedi said to expect.  They drink more than they need to from a bottle anyway.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• He was completely off bottles at 13 months.
  • a few days after he turned 1.
  • nealblnealbl member
    Done with formula at 11 months done with bottle at 12 months
  • We stopped at 11 1/2 months. She HATED the sippy cup and the straw cup but eventually gave in to her new source of liquids.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP May 2017. 
    BFP July 2014. Low Progesterone. DS born by repeat c-section for breech presentation.
    BFP November 2011 TWINS!!!. Lost a twin at 7 weeks. DS born VBAC.
    BFP July 2009. DD born via c/section for breech presentation.
    BFP Jan. 2009. Missed miscarriage at 9 weeks.D&C March 2010
    December 2009 - Diagnosed with bicornuate uterus.
  • 11.5 months

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• 11 months for daytime bottles, night time bottle by 12 months.
    DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • we are down to just water in his bottle at bedtime, he occasionally sips at it during the night too. this is a major accomplishment for Owen, he was addicted to his milk bottle.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Stella was down to just a morning and nighttime bottle when she turned one, but those have been the hardest to break.  I just posted this morning about being on day 2 with no bottles, wish me luck at bedtime, haha!!  At her 18 month well visit last week the pedi suggested we try to eliminate the bottles, but she didn't seem too concerned about it.

• I dropped them cold turkey a little before 10 months.  It was pretty easy because I don't think he had time to really grow attached to it.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Done with bottles at daycare at 10 months, but he nursed until 12 months.
  • MrsHTMrsHT member
    Shorty after he turned one.  I was about done with washing all the bottle parts too, so the sippy cups are much easier.
  • DD1 did not stop completely until she was 21 months old. It was only one at that point. We tried at 17 months, and it went horrible, so we kept it. We tried again, and it went great.
  • naflmjnaflmj member
    He's still on them :( he has one in the am and one before bed. We haven't pushed it because (per doctors orders) he's so underweight but I am planning to be done before 18 months (he never took a bottle before 10 months so I didn't envision it being this hard.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• image*Kingston*:
    Not yet!  He still gets one before his nap and at bedtime.

This.

Maybe it's a Gabe thing haha....

My Gabe loves his bottles, and has to have one before both naps and bedtime. It's his comfort, and I'm not gonna take it away from him, just yet anyways. He can't figure out sippy's yet, and I'm done stressing over trying to get him to only use a sippy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDreamsicle23:
    I dropped them cold turkey a little before 10 months.  It was pretty easy because I don't think he had time to really grow attached to it.

This exactly! We did get the sippy cups that had softer tops so it was a bit more similar to a bottle than going directly to a straw.  Now he loves the straw and cup though! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 14 months-ish
  • We stopped about 9/10 months.  LO never liked bottles, so it was easy to quit.  I nursed him until 16 months though.
  • We didn't completely stop until right before 15 months.
    Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

• DS was done with bottles at 11 months with no problem.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We stopped cold turkey at 13 months.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Started cutting back around 10'ish months.  He got a bottle a bedtime, then we decreased the ounces he got. I think he sorta cut back himself... Think it was just around 1year when he was off the bottles.

The formula was so expensive I was happy to kick that habit

• Daytime bottles went at 10 months, nighttime at 11 months with no issues!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
  • We just stopped the night time bottle (which was the last one to go) at 17 months. I didn't follow any rules, just when I thought it was time. DS didn't even notice and it was a super easy transition- no problems.
  • Daytime bottles were done by 12 months and the night bottles around 13 months.
  • DD turned 1 last week and we have had only a bottle when nothing else would soothe her for the last 2 weeks.  She's doing really good though.  I know it's on my husband and I to keep it up and only give her the sippy cup.
  • Generally, 12-13 months. Took her last nighttime bottle the day she turned 14 months. (I was the one struggling, not her.)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS started refusing nursing sessions and taking a sippy during the day after his first birthday, and then started refusing his bedtime bottle a couple weeks ago at 14mo. He did it all for us!
  • Honestly? 9 months. I BF and DS was never a fan of bottles. It took forever for him to actually take one. Then after he got used to the sippy, which I started introducing around 6 months, he was done and glad to be rid of them. However, I did just stop BFing a month ago...just before he turned 15 months.

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• We stopped as of 2 days ago, but I am still bfing. She was only getting a bottle while I was working and after she turned one it was just right before bed. Our pedi recommended being done with bottles at 15 months.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • We took our son's away at almost 2.5yo - no problems.  DD dropped them herself when I stopped pumping at work at 12mos. 
  • 13 months.  That's only 'cause she only ever got them during the day at daycare.  Also, once I stopped pumping, I was less concerned about her spilling the precious contents.  So we switched over to a sippy then real cup very quickly.
  • We stopped just before he turned 1 year old.
  • DD was 2 weeks shy of 14 months when she got off the bottles.  We went cold turkey, and it was very, very hard.  We have one stubborn girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"