June 2011 Moms

Ack! Swing/bouncer help!

With all the gift cards we got for Babies R Us, my Sweetheart and I bought the Graco Duo Two-in-One Swing/Bouncer. We liked that it could plug into the wall (not just eat batteries), that it offered both a swing *and* bouncer function and saw some good reviews. Plus, we liked the design (Dempsey) as it was more understated than some of the others.

Tonight, he finally got around to assembling it. Ot, rather, trying to assemble it. Epic FAIL. After over an hour of cursing and struggling, he had hardly anything done. After some measurement and comparing, we realized that the pieces could not fit together because the angle of pieces on one side were different from those on the other side. We couldn't get everything back in the box nice and neat, but all the pieces are gathered together (in the box and a paper bag) and we will take it back tomorrow. (And, oh! How I pity the poor person who will face MH's wrath - he's still steaming and muttering about it, several hours later!)

I searched for assembly issues with this swing on-line and did find a few references to people who had sinmilar issues putting it together, so I do not think this was one renegade faulty swing; plus, my Sweetheart is a Steelworker and usually very handy and putting things together. Sigh.

So my question is, what swing/bouncer do you love? Looks like we'll be stuck getting the sing from Babies R Us since I am sure we will get store credit back. We prefer something that gives us the option to plug it in... beyond that, I guess we're pretty flexible at this point. (And, since I was due today, I am assuming we'll have time to do all this running around tomorrow but who knows what will happen?)

I sincerely appreciate any recommendations/advice!

peace,
katharine

Book-Kitten blog

Re: Ack! Swing/bouncer help!

• https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360510

we bought this and it was easy to assemble and i absolutely loooooooove it you can plug it in and use batteries...my friend has the same one and her DS is now a year old and she said this thing worked miracles for her! good luck!

mommyz
  • My best friend raved about the same swing, just the My Little Lamb version-- in fact, she nearly broke it b/c her LO was way too big and she kept putting him in it anyway :)

We got the Starlight version of the same one (thank you consignment fair!). It also plugs in-- haven't used it yet but I'm expecting miracles!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebookkitten:

With all the gift cards we got for Babies R Us, my Sweetheart and I bought the Graco Duo Two-in-One Swing/Bouncer. We liked that it could plug into the wall (not just eat batteries), that it offered both a swing *and* bouncer function and saw some good reviews. Plus, we liked the design (Dempsey) as it was more understated than some of the others.

Tonight, he finally got around to assembling it. Ot, rather, trying to assemble it. Epic FAIL. After over an hour of cursing and struggling, he had hardly anything done. After some measurement and comparing, we realized that the pieces could not fit together because the angle of pieces on one side were different from those on the other side. We couldn't get everything back in the box nice and neat, but all the pieces are gathered together (in the box and a paper bag) and we will take it back tomorrow. (And, oh! How I pity the poor person who will face MH's wrath - he's still steaming and muttering about it, several hours later!)

I searched for assembly issues with this swing on-line and did find a few references to people who had sinmilar issues putting it together, so I do not think this was one renegade faulty swing; plus, my Sweetheart is a Steelworker and usually very handy and putting things together. Sigh.

So my question is, what swing/bouncer do you love? Looks like we'll be stuck getting the sing from Babies R Us since I am sure we will get store credit back. We prefer something that gives us the option to plug it in... beyond that, I guess we're pretty flexible at this point. (And, since I was due today, I am assuming we'll have time to do all this running around tomorrow but who knows what will happen?)

I sincerely appreciate any recommendations/advice!

DH and I purchased this exact same swing and had no issues with it. In fact I can't wait to use it. Sorry you got such a bum deal with yours. Try taking it back and re-purchasing. Like you, I wanted the duo (swing and bouncer) just to give our LO a different feel/motion. Plus you get two in one for less than what you would pay just for a swing. 

• I bought a used FP Starlight swing on Craigslist and I'm very excited to use it.  It plugs in, which was the biggest selling point for me, and baby can swing front to back or side to side.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Last year we got the FP Little Lamb swing (batteries We noly went throught 3 sets of batteries in the span LO#1 got use out of it. And plant to use it gain with this baby.

Now FP makes a plug in version of this swing (I think it is the starlight) One difference is that the Little Lamb has a waist belt, while the other has a five point/shoulder harness. And I heard some babies dont like the harness. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"