3rd Trimester

Mom of 3 week old here to answer some questions ...

Someone did this when I was in my 3rd trimester and it was great.
I'd love to offer the same.

Any questions ....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mom of 3 week old here to answer some questions ...

• I have one: I am constantly worried in the last days of this pregnancy that there's something wrong with the baby. every twitch, pain, tightening I feel worries me. How were the last few days for you?
  • and also a shallow question: how long after you gave birth did the swelling take to go down? my legs and ankles are a hot mess. Can't take it anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you have any signs that labor was approaching in the days before hand?

• imageWashingtonQueen:

Did you have any signs that labor was approaching in the days before hand?

oooo i like this question.... ???
  • imageJessynlove:
    imageWashingtonQueen:

Did you have any signs that labor was approaching in the days before hand?

oooo i like this question.... ???
    I can answer that for you. I was scheduled for an induction at 40w5d (6pm) and I woke up to contractions that morning at 8am. No signs whatsoever that I was going to go in labor that day. I walked, bounced, did anything you can think of that people say brings labor and NOTHING. I ended up not needing the induction after all.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kg_08kg_08 member

If I may answer......

I wasn't too paranoid about twinges, so I may not be the best one to answer that, but just listen to your body. Aches and pains are totally normal but your doctor is there if you really feel something is wrong.

Swelling in your legs and ankles is just water, and probably will be gone within the first week.

I had absolutely no signs of labor before it happened.

• Does your stomach feel lighter right away or do you have to lose some weight first? I feel like I have a backpack full of water balloons strapped to me right now and can barely lean forward or sit up in bed. Please tell me that feeling goes away immediately! 
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kg_08kg_08 member

imagejust kita:
    Does your stomach feel lighter right away or do you have to lose some weight first? I feel like I have a backpack full of water balloons strapped to me right now and can barely lean forward or sit up in bed. Please tell me that feeling goes away immediately! 

The heavy feeling goes away pretty much immediately, at least it did for me. You'll still look pregnant and have all the loose skin for a while though, so you won't feel "normal" .

• Thanks for answering...I don't mind being flabby or not fitting into old clothes, I just feel like someone is sitting on my stomach/chest right now and really want that to go away.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How long did you bleed pp?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Lurking. For what it's worth:

I had an appt. at 40w4d. I was having what felt like very, very light period cramps and asked if they were early contractions. The doctor said it was probably just cervical pressure and scheduled an induction. I had no other signs that labor was near, other than a strange optimism that it wasn't just cervical pressure. My appointment was at 2:00 that afternoon. Those light cramps kept getting stronger, though, and after a brief walk around my neighborhood, I was in active labor by 10:00 that night. It can really happen out of nowhere!

Yes, I felt lighter immediately, and reveled in how comfortable it was to lie flat on my back in the hospital bed. :-) Unfortunately, I still have a flabby pooch.

I'm still bleeding lightly at 1 month pp.

• I would like confirmation/denial of something I keep hearing.

Did you get so bored during the first few weeks that you couldn't wait to do dishes or laundry? H and I had planned to stock up on disposable plates and a few extra baby clothes so that we could go 2 weeks without having to wash stuff. Mom keeps on insisting I'll be so incredibly bored I will be excited to do laundry/clean. Right now I'm thinking - laundry...or sleep...hmmm...

• imagekatiewhompus:

I would like confirmation/denial of something I keep hearing.

Did you get so bored during the first few weeks that you couldn't wait to do dishes or laundry? H and I had planned to stock up on disposable plates and a few extra baby clothes so that we could go 2 weeks without having to wash stuff. Mom keeps on insisting I'll be so incredibly bored I will be excited to do laundry/clean. Right now I'm thinking - laundry...or sleep...hmmm...

Ha!  I can answer this one - I was kind of bored till my kid was like 6months old!  LOL.  I kept thinking "I don't get why people say babies are hard work.....".  Other than the lack of sleep, they don't move around or play with you yet.  We did plenty of interacting and playdates, etc. but when we were home it was a lot of just hanging out staring at him in the beginning.  I'm probably exaggerating about 6 months, but that's when he started to sit up, move around, etc.  Then it got really hard, really fast!  haha.

• imagekatiewhompus:

Restless, yes. Bored, no. My baby nurses constantly, so I sit a lot. I'm getting pretty antsy to be more mobile, but I'm far from bored. I'm perfectly happy to stare at him and stroke his hair and cheeks all day. I'd get the paper plates, etc. just in case you end up with a high-maintenance baby like mine. I'm one month out and still can't find the time to shower some days.

• imagekatiewhompus:

That will depend on your baby.

With my first, it was nonstop. I'd nurse for 45 minutes, get up, make him a bottle, feed him the bottle (I wasnt producing enough milk), pump for 10 minutes to try to stimulate my milk to come in, clean the bottle I fed him, then start the cycle all over again about a half hour later. That went on for the first 5 weeks I was trying (unsuccessfully) to nurse. Add that to a baby with reflux that puked nonstop and I was constantly doing laundry for me/him. Yeah, needless to say I wasnt bored.

With the 2nd it was a lot easier and definitely more "boring", especially with DH being home for 3 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Extreme fatigue - I think my body was gearing up for labor & delivery! I had a decreased appetite and diarrhea both mornings i went into labor with my little ones! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I felt instant relief! Your tummy will be mushy since the baby and placenta are gone! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • kg_08kg_08 member

imageShelleybell:
    How long did you bleed pp?

I may be a freak, but I had DD on a Friday, and went to church on Sunday wearing white pants.

I bled in the hospital but after the first 2 days it wasn't much at all. by 2 weeks PP I was pretty much done.

• kg_08kg_08 member
    imagekatiewhompus:

I was on thebump an unreasonable ammount.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"