Babies: 3 - 6 Months

best home baby food maker?

Baby brezza or Beaba baby cook????  Give me your thoughts please!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: best home baby food maker?

• Uhmn.. cuisinart? Or blender?

I just don't see the point of the baby ones.. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • well I don't have a food processor, and these steam, blend and do it all in one thing that can go in the dishwasher, which i'm thinking will get me more likely to stick to making it myself...
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, you'd probably be better off spending your money buying a steamer and a blender (or a food pro).  You'll be able to use those sooo much longer than a baby food maker.  You don't need to shell out $160 plus on a baby gadget when they only eat purees for 4-5 months, tops?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally haven't used it, but I was eyeing the Beaba at Williams & Sonoma... and I want one really bad! If I was going to make my own baby food (I go back and forth on the topic) I would buy this. It seems like the only thing that would keep my from losing interest with it
  • It really doesn't take long at all to steam and blend some fruits and veggies. About 1-2 hours per week [tops] is all it takes. And that's with a regular blender and simply using a steamer basket in a pot with boiling water. 
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • alright, i'm considering it, and I do have a big calphalon pot w/ steamer insert already...i have a crappy blender - would that work or do you think its worth buying a food processor? 

• Well, a food processor IS awesome to have! Especially if you get one that has a dough-making setting. Big Smile

But even a crappy blender would do just fine! 

PitaPata Cat tickers
  • We have the Beaba cook thing.  My mother bought it off ebay for us or we wouldn't have owned it.  :)  OMG - I LOVE the thing!  I chop the veggies, stick them in, 10 min. later I push blend and 10 seconds later scoop into ice trays.  Then I wash exactly one dish.  I think it's probably worth it's weight in gold (for me) just not to have to wash more than one dish.  I'm a fan.  I would say that I wouldn't buy it new though...check ebay or craigslist.  They have a cheaper version at Target too by First Years.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • To be honest with you, save your money! I just started making baby food for my son, who is my first baby. (Didnt want him eating all those perservatives and sugar.) Anyway, I just used my steam basket for my regular pots to steam the veggies and fruit. Then I popped the foods in my blender on puree and ran it through a strainer afterwards to ensure there were no bits or chunks in it. Also, you can save on the baby food trays by using ice trays to freeze the servers then store in baggies or Tupperwares. My mom found me tiny storage containers at the dollar store. They are the exact size of the ice cubes and they equal one serving. They are BPA free too. Why spend more than you need?
  • I got the magic bullet on sale for $40 at Costco. It's perfect!
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"