2nd Trimester

Anyone here that's between the ages 20-25??

I would like to talk to some soon to be mommy's that are ages 20-25. I want to know your experiences with your pregnancy so far.

I know, that I can say that I have NOT been able to sleep so far and I am looking for fun things to do while I am pregnant (besides work, eat, sleep, and workout).

Re: Anyone here that's between the ages 20-25??

• I'm 24 and was 22 with my first. With both babies, sleep started getting uncomfortable around 18-19 weeks. With DD1, I had to stop sleeping on my stomach between 19-20 weeks, but I'm still comfy doing so with this baby.

Fun things to do while pregnant---this summer is lots of playing outside with DD and we'll probably spend a good chunk of time in the pool. We're thinking of getting me a bike and one of those kid bike trailers so DH and I can take her out on bike rides as a family.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 23 and will be 24 in Oct. 

Although everyone's pregnancy is different, here's my summary 

Found out early (3-4ish weeks) 

Morning sickness was pretty bad from about 6-13 weeks

Blood pressure and weight gain has been pretty normal 

No food aversions (yet)

Heartburn has been getting worse and more frequent

Wake up only about 1-2 times a night to pee, but 5-6 times a night to readjust sleeping position

Mild back pain every once in a while

2 occurrences of extremely bad night leg cramps

Lately, I've been spending way too much time on Etsy.com shopping for baby stuff (clothes, diaper bags, nursery items, etc.). I've also been doing alot to get ready for the nursery- picked paint colors, bought crib, etc.

You could also look into the hospital you're delivering at to see if they're offereing any classes you might be interested in! 

?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 23..I haven't been able to sleep at all this pregnancy.
  • I am not in that age range so clearly I can not relate to your pregnancy.
  • imageLambie.:
    I am not in that age range so clearly I can not relate to your pregnancy.

THIS!  I am also wondering why the restriction on the age...I usually just lurk on the site but I am very interested in why you think someone older than 25 couldn't possibly have suggestions for you. 

• imageLambie.:

sarcasm? :/

Well to the OP, I'm 21 now and I'll be 22 in a few weeks. I hear comments constantly about how shocked people are that I'm so young and *already* having babies. They think I'm crazy(stupid) but I couldn't be happier. To summarize my pregnancy thus far...

I found out at 5 weeks which was about 2 months into being married. It was a huge surprise. I never had much m/s but I can relate to the lack of sleep. Difficulty sleeping started around 16 weeks and moderate back pain goes along with that. I found that the boppy body pillow actually didn't help me since I toss and turn but it helps if you aren't a night-time-squirmer.  

I don't know what fun stuff to suggest since I've been mostly just fatigued by working and growing a baby so I sleep a lot. I'm also just naturally a homebody and tend to prefer things like puzzles and reading over going out on the town. And as another poster said, Etsy.com defenitely is a source of entertainment for me. As in, I don't buy a lot but I do look and gather ideas. Some items are replicable for much cheaper, that is, if you are a crafter.  

So, Lambie. What's your story? :D 

• I am 25 :) 

I am totally tired all the time & do not sleep well either. Seems all I do is sleep, clean, eat, workout, and work on weekends. I haven't found much fun other than browsing baby stuff online.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLambie.:

This.  I just missed the cut-off too.  If only I hadn't turned 26 in April.

I'm trying to figure out what my age has to do with my pregnancy experience thus far.

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I'm 24 and am pregnant with my third (enter the crazy looks!)

So far this time around:

Found out at about 7 weeks (was still nursing my youngest, so periods were irregular)

Had morning sickness, lost 30lbs

Have only gained 2 lbs, and that is not on top of my pre-preg weight, but after I stopped throwing up (and lost 30lbs)

Can't sleep at all, but that could have more to do with my 3 yr old joining us in ed when he gets cold/scared/wakes up at 2 am

Back pain and sciatic nerve pain has been wicked, so I have been doing a lot of walking and stretching and seeing a chiropractor.

I plan to go natural this time (like I did with my son) My daughter was an induction, and she was sunny side up - I opted for the epidural - and it was amazing!!

Um, that's it I think.

• I am 23 and just started to have trouble sleeping.
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • hey if u have facebook and wanna chat my name is heather heneault look me up ;)
  • I just turned 24 two days ago - woot woot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just turned 20 in February. My biggest issue right now is that I just can't stop eating! Well, that and having doctor appointments every other week is really draining on our funds.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got pregnant when I was 21 and turned 22 in May.  I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks along.  The morning sickness was the worst that week for some reason, with not only feeling constant nausea but actually throwing up.  While I've still had some nausea, it has gotten a lot better since then.  The 2nd tri is definitely better than the first!  I've been having a little bit of a hard time sleeping recently.  I'm looking to invest in a Boppy soon. 

I can't really help with finding fun things to do.  All I really have time for is work and school.  When I'm not doing those things, I just want to relax and spend time with my husband. 

I don't really understand why people over 25 are getting offended.  Sometimes you just want advice from your peers.  Nobody says anything when women want advice from 35 or older moms. 

• imageMrsT2008:

imageLambie.:

I'm trying to figure out what my age has to do with my pregnancy experience thus far.

Why don't you ladies relax a little bit. She obviously just wants to find people in her age group and relate to them. It's not always easy for a young pregnant woman to fit in when a lot of the women on here are in their late 20's to early 30's.

So many women are having babies later in life, so I don't blame her for wanting to connect with other girls her age. I'll be 30 in September and see nothing wrong with this at all. So lighten up and give her a break...geez!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• I'm 22, will be 23 in September.  I have had no MS, no food aversions/cravings (other than really cold milk), no problem sleeping, no heartburn.  I have been a little more emotional, but not in the sense of crying a lot, more so things irritate me, I am kind of in denial of the fact that my hormones are raging so I just think, 'is it worth crying for?' nope...so I don't cry. I found out at 5 weeks... and have still gone out a few times.  DH and I looove to dance (Salsa, merengue, bachata, duranguense, etc.), so it has been a bummer that most of the places we go are croweded/smokey and I am afraid I'll get hit in the stomach and the smoke is no good. 

For fun now, we go swimming, fishing, movies, downtown, hang out with family, cookout, and just be together.  We are also in the process of moving because we just bought a house...so that takes up a lot of time.  But, like I said we've been out a few times, but other than that we do other things for fun.

• 25 here but turning 26 a week before LO is supposed to be here.

Do I still get to participate?

No morning sickness. Swollen feet/ankles. Backaches. Huge tits. No constipation. Gaining weight. Feels great Big Smile

• I'm not in the age group either... Im 19! Lol. But will be turning 20 in less than a month.

I've been married for 6 months and people are always shocked that I'm having a baby so soon =)

I had horrible morning sickness from the 6th week to the 10th week.

Weird cravings... Mostly Mcdonalds french fries and pickles. Or lately a salad with cottage cheese on it.

Extremely tired all the time although that seems to have gotten a little better in the last week.

I've gained about 6 pounds so far and had alot of bad headaches but im not sure if thats from the pregnancy or the fact that I messed my neck up 2 weeks ago.

Extremely thirsty at night. I will wake up in the middle of the night and chug water by the cup lol

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm 21 and still will be when LO is born.  I understand wanting to hear from people closer to your age.  ;)  Sometimes women over 35 want opinions from other over 35 moms and I see no problem with that either.

That said, every pregnancy is different.

I sleep wonderfully--same as always.  The only thing different is that I wake up 2-4 times a night to pee, but I have no problem going back to sleep.  

For the first trimester I had terrible food aversions (I didn't want bacon!!!  and I always want bacon), some nausea, and threw up a couple times.  I was mostly fine in the morning sickness department though.  It was just the food aversion that had me gagging.  Those were the worst.

I lost 6 pounds in the first 18 weeks and in the last week I gained 4 of those pounds back.  So I'm still less than what I weighed when pregnancy started, but I was a little overweight to begin with.

I started feeling the baby moving around about a week and a half ago.  It's the most amazing feeling!

Generally everything has been great and I haven't had many difficulties with this pregnancy.  I hope the same for you! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am 20 years old, I will be turning 21 two months after I have my son. This will be my first child. My pregnancy at first was a little rocky with morning sickness every now & then. I was tired all the time. Then when I hit 2nd trimester I started to feel normal again with no sickness just hungry ALL the time.. and lately I have started to feel lack of energy!! I hate it because I am tired of always wanting to take a nap, but when it's time to go to  bed it takes me a while till I can fall asleep. I think it has alot to do with me trying to find a comfortable position with my bump in the way lol.

Oh yeah and I have gained just a few pounds over what I am suppose to be gaining but you really cant tell. My doctor showed concern about it which im happy because I want to be able to get this baby weight off ASAP when I have this baby it will just make it easier if I gain a a decent amount and dont over do it. So eating heathier and walking more is in my future!

For fun, well i dont do much but I have decided which it seems like a nerdy/grandma idea.. I want to crochet!! Especially since he will be born in the winter time I want to make him a little hat & it will be special since his mama made it for him : )

• imageMrsT2008:

imageLambie.:

I just wanted to see how other people my age related to my pregnancy.

No one missed the cut-off lol

• imageWifeyMommy2011:
    I am 23..I haven't been able to sleep at all this pregnancy.

Me either!

• imageMrsG.060708:

I'm 24 and was 22 with my first. With both babies, sleep started getting uncomfortable around 18-19 weeks. With DD1, I had to stop sleeping on my stomach between 19-20 weeks, but I'm still comfy doing so with this baby.

Fun things to do while pregnant---this summer is lots of playing outside with DD and we'll probably spend a good chunk of time in the pool. We're thinking of getting me a bike and one of those kid bike trailers so DH and I can take her out on bike rides as a family.

Aww that's cute! The pool sounds fun!

• I was 20 when I had my daughter, and I am 25 now with this baby. Both of my pregnancies have been very similar so far. I'm the pregnant person that doesn't get morning sickness, I don't have food aversions, and I don't want to sleep all day long. So I am still able to be active and hang out with friends and family and enjoy the day without feeling gross and sleepy. I can tell you that 2nd tri is the best 3 months of the pregnancy because everything kind of subsides and you get more energy and enjoy things more. The sleeping only gets worse for me because I'm a stomach sleeper and don't find comfort in any other position. But I LOVE being pregnant!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJILLY427:

imageLambie.:

THIS!  I am also wondering why the restriction on the age...I usually just lurk on the site but I am very interested in why you think someone older than 25 couldn't possibly have suggestions for you. 

I never said that someone older couldn't have suggestions for me. The purpose of this, was to find people in my age range that were in the same boat as me. Lately, I'v only seen a lot of older women's comments and I wanted some suggestions from a younger crowd. Sorry if I offended you.

• imageundiscovered778:
    I just turned 24 two days ago - woot woot!

HAPPY BELATED!! lol

• I'm 20, but I will be 21 this November.

Found out very early (based on my missed period it was due in November but the dating u/s gave us December), and then had nausea, but only actually threw up once. Haven't had toast since!

Other than that, I've been tired. But I also started a new (temporary) job. I'll likely quit within the month, as it's too strenuous, and I'd like to stay home with the baby anyway. I'll devote my time to baby, and classes if I can handle it.

Only one person has reacted negatively to my pregnancy - my aunt. She has no kids of her own, for many reasons that really aren't her choice. We were close when I was a little kid. I can't blame her, but hopefully she comes around.

And, my older brother has a baby coming. She was due this past Wednesday. It's exciting, and my brother and his girlfriend are close with me and my husband. It'll be awesome having kids so close in age. I look forward to it.

EDIT- As for things to do ... Beach, read, movies, the zoo, the park... Things I've done so far. lol

DS #1 - 12/10/11

DS #2 - 4/2/14

• imagechristinaramirez08:
    imageMrsT2008:

imageLambie.:

Why don't you ladies relax a little bit. She obviously just wants to find people in her age group and relate to them. It's not always easy for a young pregnant woman to fit in when a lot of the women on here are in their late 20's to early 30's.

So many women are having babies later in life, so I don't blame her for wanting to connect with other girls her age. I'll be 30 in September and see nothing wrong with this at all. So lighten up and give her a break...geez!!!

Thank you!! Atleast someone understands!

• imagextinaxmariex:

25 here but turning 26 a week before LO is supposed to be here.

Do I still get to participate?

No morning sickness. Swollen feet/ankles. Backaches. Huge tits. No constipation. Gaining weight. Feels great Big Smile

Yes you can participate. lol

• imagechristinaramirez08:
    imageMrsT2008:

imageLambie.:

This! I'm 21, and I feel as if it is sometimes hard to connect with some of the women out of my age group. She was just trying to connect with some women in her age group to be more comfortable.

And to the OP, I had terrible m/s from 6-15 weeks. I had bad food aversions as well. I lost about 10 lbs the first trimester, but I now have my appetite back and am starting to gain now. As far as sleeping goes, I've been fine up until a week ago. I wake up 5-6 times a night to pee, and I can never get comfortable. I guess it just comes along with pregnancy. Only a few more months until I can sleep on my belly! lol! :) Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMISSD123:
    imageJILLY427:

imageLambie.:

I never said that someone older couldn't have suggestions for me. The purpose of this, was to find people in my age range that were in the same boat as me. Lately, I'v only seen a lot of older women's comments and I wanted some suggestions from a younger crowd. Sorry if I offended you.

LOL, I'm not offended but it'll be funny when you're 29 and someone's calling you an older woman!  ;)  (Like I said, still not offended... just found it amusing) 

My name is Julie. I'm a SAHM mom of 2 and married for 7 yrs! Missing my Angel Babies- 7/29/08, 10/11/10 both at 9 weeks. Another baby girl due in October 2011! BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am only 23 and pregnant, I'd rather talk to someone older and who has already had a child- mom's know best! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAndreaLatham:
    I am only 23 and pregnant, I'd rather talk to someone older and who has already had a child- mom's know best! :)

I'm 24 but I have already had a child...does that mean you don't want to talk to me? Stick out tongue

• I'm 24 and will be 25 when this LO gets here

I have had terrible m/s - but my doctor just put me on Zofran which is a life saver <3

I have had a lot of trouble staying asleep, I wake up all the time now, which could have something to do with having to go to the bathroom a million times, lol.

My husband and I go Bowling (I bowl with a lighter ball now though) and fishing to pass the time, we have also really enjoyed starting to look at baby stuff and get ideas for the nursery. 

Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyName Ticker
  • I'm 21 and will be when munchkin is born as well. So far my pregnancy has been pretty decent. I had no morning sickness at all, but I have developed gallstones which SUUUUCK! So I can't eat anything other then fruit and veggies until LO is born and I can have surgery.... I can't sleep either, and once I do I have non stop dreams... some of which are super insane. My bp has stayed very low, even dropped down to below 100 so I have to be careful about moving around too much because I'll pass out. As for experiences, everyone always says how young me and DH (24) are and how we're ruining out lives, which is completely typical but what do you do? We're super happy and super excited so I don't care. As for fun me and DH are both into aquarium keeping so a lot of time is devoted to that and as of right now I'm on a huge sewing kick and in the middle of designing and making all of munchkins bedding since I can't find any I like. lol
  • Im 26 but Im going to participate anyways. 

I couldnt tell you how far along I was when I found out.  I know that sounds bad but I had miscarried, had no AF, and gotten pregnant again at the same time my grandmother passed away.  One day we just tested and to our surprise it was positive.  I haven't had any m/s or other horrible symptoms.  I just go back and forth between incredibly tired and sleeping all day to insomnia (but I have always done that)

As far as fun things to do.... I do exactly what I did when I wasn't pregnant.  My sister is also pregnant (she is 19) and my SIL is pregnant (she is 21) and they are the same.  Tomorrow night my SIL is going on a bar crawl.  She is the photographer and just drinks cranberry juice at the bars.  We went to a fish fry/ beer tent tonight to catch up with people we grew up with.  My sister went to Six Flags last week and hung out in the lazy river. I play outside with my puppy and nephew, garden (not that its fun but its part of home ownership), shop, go out with friends, go to the community pool and waterpark.  Next week is a local festival and we will be out there almost every night listening to the bands,catching up with friends at the beer tent, and drinking lemon shake ups all night long. I love going anywhere that I can show off my bump because Im so proud of it.  I look young (like Im still in high school) and my wedding band doesn't fit so I sometimes get looks from people thinking Im an irresponsible teen mom but who cares? I know where I am in life and Im ready for this so I dont care what strangers think.  HTH!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 23! I've been uncomfortable at night and constipation(yuck!). Also, an achy back sometimes.
  • imagesjBear123:
    imageMISSD123:
    imageJILLY427:

imageLambie.:

LOL, I'm not offended but it'll be funny when you're 29 and someone's calling you an older woman!  ;)  (Like I said, still not offended... just found it amusing) 

LOL - I guess at 38, I'm downright ancient!!!

(BTW - at 38, not a bit of m/s, not tired, and felt awesome throughout my first tri and now in my second tri, feeling even better!  See?  Not that different than someone who's 22.) 

• imageMISSD123:
    imagechristinaramirez08:
    imageMrsT2008:

imageLambie.:

Thank you!! Atleast someone understands!

I gotchya MissD. Age can impact the way you view pregnancy and they way people treat you as  pregnant person. Obviously age isn't the only factor but it can mean you're in a different stage of life. I've been curious just as you have who among us is in my age range and possibly dealing with the same stuff as me.  (I mean stuff like people telling me I'm too young to have kids and that I'm not being a responsible adult... yeah, I've heard just about everything. Tell me how getting married and starting a family is irresponsible. I don't get that.)  Anyway, I appreciate this thread and like you, I'm sorry a few posters took wrong which it clearly wasn't meant to be rude. 

• I am 25 but will be (almost) 26 when LO arrives (EDD and my bday are 8 days apart)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"