Postpartum Depression

Ladies taking zoloft

Hi ladies,

This is my first time posting on this board. I just had my second daughter about a month ago & am experiencing postpartum depression. I'm still trying to find ways to cope with everything. My doctor prescribed a low dosage of zoloft for me to take since I am BF. I've been taking it for a few weeks now. While I have noticed a small improvement, I have also noticed that I've been a little more drowsy/tired & have been feeling a little nauseas. I read the label & saw that those are some side effects. My question is, for those who experienced this, how long did those side effects last for you? I don't like the side effects but I know eventually they will subside. Just wondering how long it will take. Thanks ladies.

Re: Ladies taking zoloft

• lamcoxlamcox member

I took zoloft for well over a year before I found out I was pregnant.  Those side effects are normal and should go away in a few weeks.  However, if they don't go away and you feel sluggish, talk to your doctor.  I was on zoloft and started to feel sluggish and just blah (not really depressed, just blah) and he added wellbutrin.  The zoloft and wellbutrin combo for me absolutely saved my life. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

• I started taking Zoloft about four years ago for severe anxiety, and had pretty bad nausea for the first few weeks... my doctor gave me a prescription for phenergan to get me through that first month until my system adjusted to the Zoloft.  I also felt sluggish and tired, but I was taking Xanax at the same time to manage things until the Zoloft started working... I think it took maybe a month to really help, and after that I did feel "blah" for a while.  But, the "blah" was worth it because I wasn't having panic attacks anymore.  Things leveled out after a while, but it did take some time.  Still, even with the side effects I am 100% sure it was worth it.  I've recently had to increase my dose to deal with ppd, and am trying to be patient while I wait for things to get better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kkaupukkaupu member
    Thanks ladies!
  • I've been on zoloft for about 6 months.  No more panic attacks but I do feel sluggish and very blah.  I really couldn't give a rats booty about much.  Oh well.  Hope something changes soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Numerous clinical findings, studies from medical institutions and reports from users present that Zoloft brings many negative side effects including Zoloft withdrawal symptoms. Know that its manufacturer, Pfizer, is now being charged with numerous cases filed by the affected patients. Seek legal advice for more information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"