July 2011 Moms

they think I'm a crazy nester!

Anyone a little crazy about having everything done and ready?? I'm only 34 weeks and feel like everything has to be bought, cleaned, packed, and ready to go! My family thinks I'm going a little crazy over it. They keep telling me "oh...you don't NEED a swing yet." or "you don't NEED a babygate yet." These drive me crazy when I hear them! I know I don't NEED them...but I want to make sure we have everything (and I mean everything) we will need even if we won't use it right away when she arrives! Wish I could deep clean the house or something else...but too swollen and carpal tunnel is preventing that from getting done (which is also driving me crazy-er!) Anyone else a crazy nester???

Re: they think I'm a crazy nester!

• No, I wish my nesting would kick in! I need to wash the baby clothes and clean the baby items. Plus I would love to do a deep cleaning of the whole house! I just can't find the motivation, where are you nestingness?!

• I am not yet, but I will be soon (once the construction on our master bathroom is over)! Then I'll be crazy doing everything like unpacking, cleaning the entire house, and setting up her nursery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ksulliksulli member

A lot of my baby stuff is on hold because the furniture hasn't arrived yet, but so far this week I have washed all the stuff I do have and set up both the PNP & bouncer. 

I also HAD to reorganize our Christmas decorations... hormones much?

*Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • ejs207ejs207 member
    I'm with the OP but my family is egging me on since my mother never went past 36 weeks! Lots of details to attend to but the only "big" thing let to do is to install the car seat and set up the pack-n-play (so the dog can get used to it.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • imageCactusGirl:
    No, I wish my nesting would kick in! I need to wash the baby clothes and clean the baby items. Plus I would love to do a deep cleaning of the whole house! I just can't find the motivation, where are you nestingness?!

Ha, this!  I'm dying for a deep cleaned, sparkling house.  Do I want to do it?  No way!  Finishing up baby stuff, decorating nursery, shopping for clothes, getting what we still need off the registry list I'm on board with and eager to work on, but not the cleaning.

I told MH last night that his offer to hire someone to do a thorough housecleaning this weekend was the sweetest thing he's ever said to me Big Smile

• YES and i have been for weeks!!! This is my first week off of work and so I actually have time to get it done (cleaning the house) as far as getting the nursery done......that is driving me nuts!!! I am having a shower this weekend and I already know that I am getting a dresser, changing table, and bassinet. I want the dresser so bad so I can organize her clothes and other things but I am so happy that the time is finaly here! As of monday I will be getting her room DONE!!! :) this makes me VERY VERY HAPPY!! hope you get your all situated to.....and your not crazy AT ALL we just want to be prepared :)

• imageCactusGirl:
    No, I wish my nesting would kick in! I need to wash the baby clothes and clean the baby items. Plus I would love to do a deep cleaning of the whole house! I just can't find the motivation, where are you nestingness?!

I didn't have motivation, but knew it needed to be done.  Once I got started, I went crazy.  Our house is CLEAN!  There's still a lot of "nesting" stuff to do, but at least the deep cleaning part is taken care of :)

• I had zero motivation to do anything until yesterday and now I'm in crazy mode.  I'm doing my best to hold off on packing the hospital bag, installing the carseats, and washing the bedding as those are things I'd like to leave for the last couple weeks, but I'm really not sure how much longer I can wait.  Instead I'm organizing and reorganizing all the hand me downs for both DD and this little one, including color coordinating the bins and labels!  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am but now am limited b/c of signs of preclampsia as of Monday's 34 wk appt...I can do a few things a day now vs a few things an hr Sad  Thankfully my H is amazing & is very helpful so I will do what I can the next few weeks & rely on his help!!
  • imagemp1320:

YES and i have been for weeks!!! This is my first week off of work and so I actually have time to get it done (cleaning the house) as far as getting the nursery done......that is driving me nuts!!! I am having a shower this weekend and I already know that I am getting a dresser, changing table, and bassinet. I want the dresser so bad so I can organize her clothes and other things but I am so happy that the time is finaly here! As of monday I will be getting her room DONE!!! :) this makes me VERY VERY HAPPY!! hope you get your all situated to.....and your not crazy AT ALL we just want to be prepared :)

You and me both! I have seriously been nesting since we found out the sex. Some nights I can't even sleep thinking of things that I have to get done! I have already redone my whole house. I have painted everything not only walls, I mean everything (cabinets, made a headboard, painted the swing outside, trim) reorganized everything 1000 times, I have developed a new cleaning routine I do everynight. I have a basket full of things I will need to diaper her in the livingroom, her laundry has been done for weeks, her changing table is full of supplies and ready to go. It's completely ridiculous but I feel like if I don't do it I will lose my mind.

• I've been working on all the fun stuff, cleaning and organizing all the clothes, getting the crib and changing table ready etc. But I haven't gone overboard on cleaning. I'm just too tired after working all day. And I am definitely not worried about stuff that we won't need right away.
  • LOL!! I don't feel AS crazy! :) You are all making me laugh since I know exactly what you are all feeling! Especially the re-organizing thing! I've moved all the clothes in her drawers and closet probably 5 times already! And if anyone else touches it or tries to help...I have to re-do. If only the OCD thing stays after she is here :)
  • KW12KW12 member
    ME! I'm pretyy sure I've reorganized LO's things like 3 or 4 times. And I can't go out without bringing something home for LO. But I'm a bargain shopper and have found some AMAZING deals. But yes. We just moved into a new house and I spent like an hour and a half cleaning. And then another hour last night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"