2nd Trimester

Why do people think they can say anything when your pregnant?

I'm on baby #2 and honestly think I'm looking ok...pregnant yes, but not everywhere.  Someone today told me I look SO pregnant everywhere....made me feel crappy.  Some people just shouldn't be allowed to talk to pregnant women...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Why do people think they can say anything when your pregnant?

• Some people shouldn't be allowed to talk at all. Let alone to a pregnant woman. 
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • imageJason'swife:
    Some people shouldn't be allowed to talk at all. Let alone to a pregnant woman. 

This! 

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • People think they can say whatever anytime, but I notice more often to pregnant people. I had just posted on another board, how someone told me today that they disapproved of me using the middle name of Quinn for my LO because apparently, that's the ho from glee. Heaven knows I couldn't possibly have any other alternative reasoning for using that name, other than of course, it's from a popular TV show. Confused
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • What is that person talking about? You're tiny and the only thing that's big is your belly, which is adorable by the way. I would tell them to screw themselves.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 2/24/2008

BFP #1 3/13/13, MMC 4/17/13, D&C 4/19/13

BFP #2 8/7/13, Beta at 4w6d = 3,796

• I totally agree.  I just ranted about this to my mom, but I was at work and a lady asked me when I was due again and then followed with are they sure you're not pregnant with twins?  Have they checked you out yet.  I was soooo mad and upset at this statement.  Just because I am pregnant does not mean that people can comment on my weight.  It is still an issue for me.  I understand I am pregnant and will gain weight, but they do not have to comment on how much weight they feel is appropriate.  I wouldn't comment on their weight if they began to gain weight... It makes me sooo mad that people think its appropriate to comment on a pregnant woman's weight like it means nothing at all.

Sorry, I just had to get that out.

• I wrote a post about this the other day as well.

I can't figure out what it is, to be honest with you but I also find it interesting that strangers feel the need to say whatever they want about your body when you are preggers.

This girl at work continues to comment on the size of my butt and I am just about ready to tell her that my pregnancy doesn't give her the right to talk about my body!

I guess these people don't know how to react- they want to say something because they admire pregnancy but they don't know how to approach the situation.  So they focus the cliches that are normally used, "Oh my, are you sure you don't have twins in there??". Give me a break...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ahhh...someone told me that now I look like a "normal" girl, so 128 lbs 5'7 pre-pregnancy apparently wasn't "normal"....ummm oook.  Guess they thought I was too thin!! (This, by the way, coming from someone who should NOT comment about other people's weight!!)

I got the twin comment today.  Guess for 17 weeks I'm looking big now! Geez people!

• I took a while to 'pop' and before everyone kept telling me I barely looked pregnant, particularly in non-preg clothes.  Now, several co-workers are like 'woah, you really look pregnant now!".

Yeah, geniuses, that's because I AM pregnant.

They haven't yet started with the 'having twins' thing but I'm sure they will.  Another woman in the office is six weeks ahead of me and she's been getting that a lot lately.   It's not like most people would come out and say 'wow, you're fat' and it's basically the pregnant equivalent.  Maybe it's not our brains that are so affected by the hormones, maybe it's everyone else.  Stick out tongue

• vspekvspek member

Well, with this pregnancy I popped pretty early, so around 11 weeks I started getting comments from people and they started asking when was I planning on making this public. That drove me crazy, because I was not ready to tell anyone at work just yet.

So at almost 12 weeks one person in the pantry just asked me when I was due (first it was not public yet that I was pregnant and second, there were another 15-20 people there getting food.)

People are crazy! I can deal with comments, but when it comes to touching, that's driving me completely crazy! I want to bite their heads off! (that's probably hormonal)

Pregnancy%20ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I agree, some people should keep their mouths shut.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree! I teach at a high school, and I wanted my Assistant Principal to know before we went on summer break. (I was about 6 weeks then.) As soon as I told her, she looks and says "OH and you are showing a little bit!" I had to take a breath and say, "No, I have actually always been this pudgy." And I walked away.  I can't imagine the comments I will get when the bump actually shows up.
  • imageKarmalife:

This girl at work continues to comment on the size of my butt and I am just about ready to tell her that my pregnancy doesn't give her the right to talk about my body!

Maybe you should ask her if she is preggers because it looks like she is putting on alot of weight. When she says no ask her Are you sure? Then tell her at least you have a reason to gain weight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • I couldn't agree more!  I had a girl at work the other day offer to let me use some of her "fat clothes" because she had lost weight and couldn't wear them anymore.  It really irritated me because she has always been quite a bit bigger than I am, and really still is.  I was SUPER annoyed! 
  • imageslsshulse:
    I couldn't agree more!  I had a girl at work the other day offer to let me use some of her "fat clothes" because she had lost weight and couldn't wear them anymore.  It really irritated me because she has always been quite a bit bigger than I am, and really still is.  I was SUPER annoyed! 

Oh I am so glad Im not the only one!! I'm so sick of going out of the house because all they so is pretty much tell me I'm fat!! I think I look pretty good for six months!!

• I had a guy tell me once (when I was pregnant with DD) that if I got any bigger I would have to go through a car wash to take a shower.  A CAR WASH!!!! Of course I went off on him to the point that my boss called me into his office later to tell me I shouldn't be telling off the other attorneys.  I told him what he said to me to initiate it and he just shook his head and said the guy is an idiot!
  • I agree with all of you! Even my mom and dad have asked me if they've moved up my due date or if I'm having twins. I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant, what EXACTLY do you want me to look like?

And then there's the comments of "oooh you've got a ways to go!" because I still have 7 weeks left. Someone even said the other day "you could even have over 2 months left if you go late!" Well thanks. I never even thought of that!!

• I'm not pregnant, or have ever been pregnant, but I know I can't wait. And the things people say almost make me think twice. Of course, I'M HAVING MY BABY!! haha 

but what i would say to this girl if she ever said anything like that again is something along these lines:  i'm really hormonal right now, and if you don't stop talking about my weight, i will break you in two and eat you.

haha I just think that no one really has the gall to comment on non-pregnant women's weight, so why is it okay when you are pregnant? it's not. definitely not. 

• I am 16 weeks and 3 days pregnant now. We tried to get pregnant for years and it finally happened, but its crazy how insensitive people are!!

(This was a few years ago and I was NOT pregnant)- I live on a small island and was in our local hardware store when one of the ladies who worked there...who I knew only by face and not even by name...came up to me and squatted in front of me and started physically RUBBING my belly and said "Oh, I did not know your pregnant".

I was embarrassed and pissed. I snapped and said " I'm not pregnant, I'm fat. You." and walked away. VERY out of character for me. I am normally pretty quiet and very rarely swear....I went home and cried my eyes out. Needless to say years later she sees me in the stores and rushes to the otherside of the store to avoid me...lol...Oh well. Rude people!

• It censored what I wrote above... I wrote " I am not pregnant, I am fat . F U"
  • I'm lurking from 3rd Tri... I'm 38wks and managed to avoid the ridic preggo comments from stupid people by trying to camoflage my bump... but now that I'm 38 wks there is no hiding it. I swear to god the next person who tells me how HUGE I've gotten in the last month I am going to punch in the face.

I've gotten "you look swoll", "your face is so round!", and "You have blown up in the last week" all within 2 days at work.

I think they are just haters, I'm normally a thin and athletic woman so I'm thinking they are enjoying seeing me plump up and get larger... even though I have gained only 23lbs. I'm not huge. They just like being mean and rubbing it in my face that I am no longer a size 4. People are assholes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"