July 2011 Moms

Cord blood banking...Lifebank vs. CBR

I have to tell my doctor which of these banks I want to use at my appointment tonight, and I can't make up my mind.  Besides cord blood banking, LIfebank offers placenta cord banking and CBR offers cord tissue banking (for an extra fee of course).  I think I will just do the cord blood banking.  On LB's website, there are 30 cases of banked blood that was used to treat a patient, and on CBR's there's over 100.  I'm not sure if that's the entire population of each, or just a sample for illustration.  CBR says they store the blood in 4 segments so it can be used at different times, for testing, etc., which seems like a good idea, but LB doesn't mention this.  Anyone have any knowledge/input?  Thanks!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cord blood banking...Lifebank vs. CBR

• Personally, we are going with ViaCord.  I'd go with either CBR or ViaCord as they have done the most transplants.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We looked at life bank also but ended up going with CBR. If you sign up for their emails they send you codes we got one to save $350.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ! I work for a cord blood bank and can give you the facts behind the over-promotion. See https://cordadvantage.com/cord-blood-...wont-tell-you/ to find 5 Straight Facts About Cord Blood ViaCord / ViaCell and Cord Blood Registry Won?t Tell You
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"