Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone taken their LO to a charcter type show?

Curious to know at what age you took your LO to their first character show... like a Disney on Ice or Bob the Builder or Elmo ... you know, where they put on a production show w/music and singing and the characters are all there performing in their costumes.  Venue could be small like at a zoo or large like at an arena.  Anyone taken their LO yet?  How old were they and how did it go?   I ask because we have an opportunity to go to a show later this year, when DS will be 22 months and I would love to take him, but don't know if he would enjoy it or sit through it - KWIM.  I guess we can always leave if he isn't happy.  But ticket's aren't exactly cheap.  TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone taken their LO to a charcter type show?

• Ella has been to several. Most recently, we saw Thomas & Friends Live! She LOVED it. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • we went as early as 17 months and she loved it!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelaura_belle:
    I am hoping to put it off as long as possible.  It is one of the parent things that I dread.  I am hoping the grandparents will want to do it instead.

hee hee :)  I told DH about it and he didn't seem thrilled when I told him we would ALL go and make it a family event :)  

• Both my kids went by 14 months and loved the show! The were amazed!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • imagelaura_belle:
    I am hoping to put it off as long as possible.  It is one of the parent things that I dread.  I am hoping the grandparents will want to do it instead.

: ) i was SURE that i would never really take her to a show but, um, i just bought tickets to the Wiggles live show coming here end of July. she'll be 19 months old and i'm certain she will love it because of her reaction now any time the Wiggles show up on Sprout tv. and after thinking i wouldn't ever do this, i can't believe i'm admitting to being excited about seeing her reaction when we go. ; )

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesuperaunt:

imagelaura_belle:

: ) i was SURE that i would never really take her to a show but, um, i just bought tickets to the Wiggles live show coming here end of July. she'll be 19 months old and i'm certain she will love it because of her reaction now any time the Wiggles show up on Sprout tv. and after thinking i wouldn't ever do this, i can't believe i'm admitting to being excited about seeing her reaction when we go. ; )

I decided to go for it and just bought us tickets to see the Yo Gabba Gabba live show that is coming here in December.  He'll be 22 months by then.  He is going to LOVE it and I am super excited for him.  I think Momma will enjoy it just as much!

• imagesuperaunt:

imagelaura_belle:

We'll be there with our DS who is going to be 17 months old.  We can't wait too!

image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesuperaunt:

imagelaura_belle:

We'll be there with our DS who is going to be 17 months old.  We can't wait too!

image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We took DD to Disney at 7 Months and she loved the parade.  We live by Busch Gardens and have a pass so we go see the Elmo and Friends Show a lot.  She's a year now (today actually!) and she loves the show.  She stands there and dances and claps her hands.  She loves it!
  • I'm taking DD to Yo Gabba Gabba in November...bringing SO and grandma for reinforcements. It's so exhausting taking DD out in public lol
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We did Sesame Street Live when DS was 21 months, and he loved it!  The show is about 90 minutes, and he sat through the whole thing, we couldn't believe it.  We did bring a snack trap full of goldfish for him to munch on near the end when he got fidgety. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"