3rd Trimester

xp: constipation/gas pain help?!?!?!

I have been suffering from constipation and sharp sharp gas pains on & off for the past few weeks. Its driving me CRAZY!!!! The pain in my stomach is awful!

I have been drinking LOTS of water, eating LOTS of fruit...... I don't know what else to do. I took stool softener last night in hopes to help out...no such luck.

Anyone have any treatments or solutions that have worked for them?? Im miserable =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: xp: constipation/gas pain help?!?!?!

• I just went through a phase of pretty bad constipation myself and I had to use prune juice to help move things along. I will warn you though, that one glass of the juice made me pass a lot of gas first, and it wasn't pleasant smelling (sorry about the TMI!) but then the next day I would be able to have a bowel movement. 

As far as gas pains, I've been dealing with those for quite some time! I use Gas-X chewables sometimes, mostly at night if I'm too uncomfortable to sleep. The last few days I've been drinking water like crazy because it got really hot here and I've noticed that my gas pains have gone way down. I know you said you were drinking lots already, but maybe try even more? Also, smaller meals more frequently seems to help me. 

Good luck, it's no fun and I hope you feel better soon! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • At this point in the game, try eating more fiber rather than OTC supplements.  I eat Fiber one cereal and add raisins, spinach salad for lunch.  The last thing I want at 9 months pg is a hard time pooping because that will trigger a hemi war-zone....not good :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • a few weeks? oh you poor thing!! i dealt with it for maybe 4 or 5 days and felt like i was going to go insane or explode! I tried lots of water and fresh fruit, luckily that helped. But i saw you didnt have any luck Sad

i would try prune juice, if not i'd ask your doctor, maybe they know a more successful way? good luck dear!

• Gas X will help with the bloated feeling. Constipation is NO FUN when you're pregnant. If you're still having no luck after the stool softener, you may want to call your OB and get his/her advice on over-the-counter meds or prescription meds. Hope you feel better soon!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I've had digestion issues my whole pregnancy.  My doctor told me about apricot nectar ( I use Kern's brand).  It's AMAZING!  It keeps your digestive tract working, just like prune juice, but tastes MUCH BETTER!  I drink a glass every morning and stay right on tract (pardon the pun), haha.  Just don't go too crazy and drink too much in a day, because it could easily turn into diarrhea and that's not pretty either.

Good luck!  My mom was a strong user of prune juice, I've switched to apricot nectar!  Thinking of using it on the children when they have these issues too!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • The real trick is finding the stuff.... it should be in the juice aisle.  I know Meijer has it, but haven't been able to find it at Giant Eagle or Kroger.  Good luck finding the heavenly nectar!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagemrsrhinetobe:

I've had digestion issues my whole pregnancy.  My doctor told me about apricot nectar ( I use Kern's brand).  It's AMAZING!  It keeps your digestive tract working, just like prune juice, but tastes MUCH BETTER!  I drink a glass every morning and stay right on tract (pardon the pun), haha.  Just don't go too crazy and drink too much in a day, because it could easily turn into diarrhea and that's not pretty either.

Good luck!  My mom was a strong user of prune juice, I've switched to apricot nectar!  Thinking of using it on the children when they have these issues too!

ohhh where do you get this apricot nectar????? sounds good!

prune juice makes me soooooooooooooooooo gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy

• I take two stool softeners every night with my prenatal vitamin. Its the only way for me to go the past 2 weeks. It doesnt even make it soft.. just tolerable to get it out. I use dulcolax stool softener (docusate sodium USP) there are other brands too like colace. I asked my dr and she says its fine.GL
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • gmc222gmc222 member

I have been in the same boat as you the past few weeks, and tried both stool softeners, Senna tablets, benefiber chewables, more fiber, etc., to no avail. THEN my hubby brought me home some milk of magnesia per suggestion of my OB and it worked like a charm. I'm talking within like 10 minutes.

I know how awful it can be, good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• stoll softener with every meal, benefiber in my water, a bowl of All rban every am, lots of water, fruits, veggies and it has help. But if I skip one thing one day... the horror
  • Have you noticed if the pain gets worse after eating specific types of food? I noticed that my gas and constipation was really bad after my husband cooked, and he had been cooking things with a lot of garlic. I've tried to cut garlic completely from my diet and haven't had NEARLY as much pain/gas/constipation. Try cutting foods and spices from your diet to see if you have a specific trigger since you say it's off & on.

• ejs207ejs207 member
    My midwife recommended colace every day and it has kept things moving.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"