Baby Names

Top dog names

So i posted earlier asking about Lola (as a nickname) and lots of people said it reminded them of a dogs name (which really doesn't bother me).  But i thought it was funny because there are quite a few names that are popular/trendy that are very common for dogs. 

For example, my dogs name is Riley and it's a top dog named.  I still love the name for a little girl though! 

Anyways, just wanted to share this link of top dogs name!  Kind of fun/interesting.

https://www.dog-paw-print.com/100-dog-names.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Top dog names

• mama31mama31 member
    My dog I Maggie.  I never knew that was so popular.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My sister's name is Sadie, and she hated it growing up for the dog name reason.  Almost every single time she would introduce herself, the person would respond, "Oh, I used to have a dog named Sadie!" 

She likes her name just fine now, but I know she felt traumatized as a kid. 

• Loading the player...
  • The list doesn't surprise me much, except for Samantha. I didn't expect to see that on a dog name list.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • A few months back I saw  afew posts about people wanting to name their sons "Hendrix" I personally think its an awesome name....thats why I named my dog Hendrix. My hubby loves the name Bo...I had a cocker spaniel named Bo when I was little, but It didnt change the fact that we would have used it if we had not found something better. In 2005, a few months after my DD1 was born, I met a weenie dog on the beach and her name was Emma Grace....I ahve an Emma Lily, but I know plenty of kids have the same name as that little dog. Who cares...a good name is a good name. I must say that I was a fan of Gianna Kate. Lola Kate would be cute too,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My name is Sheena and I have had a few people tell me that it is their dog's name too.  It never bothered me.  I also met a cat named Sheena.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Weird. Who would want to name their dog Hannah (somewhere in the 80's there)? At that point, why not Emily? 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My opinion: Some names are dog names and other names are human names people like to give dogs. I feel like in this day and age people are more prone to treat their pets like family members and give them "people names" than in year's past. 

• Mine is Chloe and it's #12 on the list. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• The names of all 3 dogs I've had in my life are on the list.  My 1st dog was Sheba, my 2nd was Samantha and my current dog is Bella.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Our dogs are Riley and Kendal - both very popular.  But they are older dogs, we were pioneers Wink
  • haha my dogs are unique.

Dawson and Ziggers. He was Ziggy when we adopted him but somehow Ziggers stuck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think my favorites are Chester and Moose! And I think it's funny that Baby made the list. That seems like a strange name for a dog. 

• imagemrsfowler1016:

haha my dogs are unique.

Dawson and Ziggers. He was Ziggy when we adopted him but somehow Ziggers stuck.

Lol! We had a Ziggy! Full name was Sigmund but we always called him Ziggy.

• Our dog is Ellie, which appears to be more popular for kids than for dogs.  There's been a few times where kids ask to pet our dog and ask what her name is; we say "Ellie" and they say "That's my name too!"  Little kids think it's really cool to have the same name as the dog.   :)

James Alistair - October 2, 2011

• imageferris0906:

My sister's name is Sadie, and she hated it growing up for the dog name reason.  Almost every single time she would introduce herself, the person would respond, "Oh, I used to have a dog named Sadie!" 

I was at the dog park with my dog Sadie. I yelled for her and a little girl came over instead. Her name was Sadie, too :) 

• imageMButcher1003:
    imageferris0906:

My sister's name is Sadie, and she hated it growing up for the dog name reason.  Almost every single time she would introduce herself, the person would respond, "Oh, I used to have a dog named Sadie!" 

I was at the dog park with my dog Sadie. I yelled for her and a little girl came over instead. Her name was Sadie, too :) 

Hey, add me to the list of traumatized dog monikers lol. When I introduce myself, people tend to say something like "Oh, I knew a dog named that . . . he died". My name (#73 on the list--Dakota) is apparently better suited for seasoned male dogs . . . and Huskies, at that.

• Our dog is Lily.  But I think it's a beautiful name and would never think of it as a dogs name if a person was named Lily.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My dog is named Lola.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"