3rd Trimester

Induction Question

I am being induced on Tuesday but the Dr is having me come in on Monday to start one of the drugs, forgive me I cannot remember the name.

I wanted to know if anyone knows if they keep you overnight once they put the first drug in - he said he is starting Pitocin on Tuesday morning but I am not sure if that means staying overnight on Monday or if they will send me home and to come back on Tuesday.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Induction Question

• They'll usually keep you overnight. They monitor the baby to make sure he/she doing well before they begin the induction drugs.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Typically, if you haven't progressed much at all, they will have you come in the night before...to stay over...and will insert either a cervidil or cytotec for the night (either on a strip or in a pill form).  That is supposed to help soften your cervix.  That actually allowed my body to kick into labor on its own - I hadn't dialated or effaced at all prior to my induction so, thankfully, they didn't have to use teh pitocin too much on me.

The following morning/day they will start pitocin if needed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was sent home to see if I could start labor on my own after the first step, and then at 7am the next day started the pitocin when I didn't.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd bet on staying overnight. I had Cervadil Thursday night and Pitocin started Friday morning, delivered Friday evening. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Curious... Why are they inducing you so early?
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • Plan on staying overnight. I had cervidil inserted overnight both Tues and Wed nights and had to be on the monitors the whole time it was in.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • The doctor had concerns - I am 39 weeks and considered full term so technically it isn't early, although considered early for some that believe in only inducing after 42 weeks.  I am confident he made the right decision.

Also, thank you for the feedback!! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you are getting the cervadil the night before, you will be in the hospital overnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"