Baby Names

Mix and Match Please

Well, we got a BFP! DH and I finally have a reason to look at names seriously now!

I'm going to start with girl names since I seem to love too many of them. The first list of names is my top 5 for girls, and the second list is female family names I would love to honor by using as a middle name. Can you ladies come up with some combinations you like? TIA!

ETA: For the last name, use "Bolton"  

First Name:  
Sylvia
Ruby
Caroline
Norah
Scarlett 

Middle Name:
Frances
Erin
Elizabeth
Marie
Colleen
June

Re: Mix and Match Please

• Sylvia Frances

Norah June

Scarlett Marie

FWIW, I love your names. Especially your siggy name (Daphne). We want to use Francis for a boy's middle name and I just adore Sylvia and Norah.

• I think Marie would sound great with any of your first name picks. My fave is Ruby Marie. And congrats on your BFP!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I love Ruby, but I think from your names I would do Scarlett Frances. BTW, My hubby would love your dog...adorable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations on your BFP!  Here are the combos I like the best: 

Norah Elizabeth

Caroline Marie 

Ruby June 

Sylvia Marie

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love all of your names but like these combos best:

Ruby Frances

Sylvia June

Scarlett Elizabeth

Norah June

Caroline Elizabeth 

• Ruby June, Norah Elizabeth, Sylvia Frances, Caroline Marie, Scarlett Colleen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Love the combination of Ruby Frances! Also like Sylvia Colleen and Caroline June.

• i love scarlett elizabeth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
    EDD 1/31/11 m/c 6/21/11 miss you little circus peanut.
  • Scarlett is NMS, but I really like the rest.

Let's see...

For Sylvia, I like Frances, Erin, or Marie as a mn.

For Ruby... Elizabeth, Marie, or Colleen

For Caroline... Frances, Marie, or June

For Norah... I think everything but Erin flows nicely.

• Congrats!

I like Caroline Elizabeth best, but I also like Sylvia Marie and Norah June. You probably can't really go wrong with any of your choices.

• I like Ruby Frances or Ruby June best! 
  • cogbotcogbot member

Norah June

Sylvia Elizabeth 

• Congrats!

FN: I like Sylvia and Ruby the best.  The others are fine, they just don't get me that excited.

MN: Love Frances, Elizabeth, Colleen, and June! 

Sylvia Frances and Ruby Elizabeth?  Sylvia June?  Ruby Colleen?

• I would go with Norah Elizabeth
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you all so much! (And for the BFP congrats, and even the comment on my fur-baby!) 

My first choice has actually been Sylvia Frances, so I am super glad that so many of you picked it!

(PS If you look above, I put the boy lists up!) 

• I LOVE Ruby Frances
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Congrats, Lurkey!!! That's wonderful news. Yay!

I LOVE Sylvia. I can't even explain how much I love it.

Did you ever see this thread from back in March? I know you didn't post in the thread, but I also know that a lot of times (especially back then) you just lurk, and don't post. So I just thought I'd share.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/50909588.aspx

As for combos, of course June goes with almost anything, and is a pretty popular middle name right now. Frances and Marie go well with most names too.

Here are some combos I really like for each name. They are listed in order of preference, starting with the best. If I've left it off completely, that means I don't like how it sounds at all.

Sylvia: Sylvia June, Sylvia Frances, Sylvia Marie, Sylvia Colleen

Ruby: Ruby Frances, Ruby Marie, Ruby Colleen

Caroline: Caroline Elizabeth, Caroline Frances, Caroline Marie

Norah: Norah June, Norah Frances, Norah Marie, Norah Colleen

Scarlett: Scarlett Frances, Scarlett Elizabeth, Scarlett Erin, Scarlett Marie, Scarlett June, Scarlett Colleen

As for your last name, they all sound great, with one exception: Ruby Bolton. That is, IF your last name actually does start with a B.

• I like Norah Colleen or Sylvia Frances
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ames71ames71 member

1. Norah Frances

2. Ruby Frances

3. Sylvia June

• imageEaglefoot23:

Congrats, Lurkey!!! That's wonderful news. Yay!

I LOVE Sylvia. I can't even explain how much I love it.

Did you ever see this thread from back in March? I know you didn't post in the thread, but I also know that a lot of times (especially back then) you just lurk, and don't post. So I just thought I'd share.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/50909588.aspx

As for combos, of course June goes with almost anything, and is a pretty popular middle name right now. Frances and Marie go well with most names too.

Here are some combos I really like for each name. They are listed in order of preference, starting with the best. If I've left it off completely, that means I don't like how it sounds at all.

Sylvia: Sylvia June, Sylvia Frances, Sylvia Marie, Sylvia Colleen

Ruby: Ruby Frances, Ruby Marie, Ruby Colleen

Caroline: Caroline Elizabeth, Caroline Frances, Caroline Marie

Norah: Norah June, Norah Frances, Norah Marie, Norah Colleen

Scarlett: Scarlett Frances, Scarlett Elizabeth, Scarlett Erin, Scarlett Marie, Scarlett June, Scarlett Colleen

As for your last name, they all sound great, with one exception: Ruby Bolton. That is, IF your last name actually does start with a B.

I responded to my boy list first, so thanks again for your thorough response! Also, you nailed my concern about Ruby! I sort of stumble on it with the double "B" sound.  

• imagelurkeyloo:
    I responded to my boy list first, so thanks again for your thorough response! Also, you nailed my concern about Ruby! I sort of stumble on it with the double "B" sound.  
    You're welcome!

Given your response in your other post, I would definitely stay clear of Ruby with your last name. Now it's not just the double B sound, but also the rhymey-ness. Sorry. Sad

PS: I wasn't trying to get you to say your last name. I just wanted to give you the info you needed, so that you could see if it does apply it to your real last name, kwim? Feel free to edit that out!

• Ruby Frances

Caroline Elizabeth

Norah June

Congrats!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks again to everyone who responded! 

Eaglefoot- I didn't think you were putting any pressure on or anything. Thanks for your help!

• In order of preference.  Congrats on your BFP!!!!

Ruby Colleen

Scarlett Marie

Sylvia June

Caroline Marie

Norah Colleen

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Caroline Elizabeth

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • erinmserinms member

Ok, I am editing Sylvia into Sylvie, because I love Sylvie and meh to Sylvia.

Sylvie June

Scarlett Elizabeth

Ruby Frances 

• I love Ruby, Caroline and Scarlett. Really dislike Sylvia, Norah is eh. Love all of your middle names except Marie, too boring and June, too old lady. I like

Ruby Frances

Ruby Elizabeth

Caroline Elizabeth

Scarlett Elizabeth

Scarlett Colleen

But I also like Ruby Caroline, Erin Colleen, Erin Elizabeth or Colleen Elizabeth.

• Norah June or Scarlett Marie

Mama2Be
  • Norah June

Caroline Elizabeth

• Norah Elizabeth
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"