Baby Names
Options

Too Many L's?

I've not been thinking much about names yet - too early. But the other day I was reading a names list and realized that the girl names that popped out and appealed to me all had a lot of L's in them. Our last name is two syllables with ll in the middle, so I wondered, do these sound terrible?

Isla ___ll___

Ella __ll___

Lilah __ll___

Lily __ll___

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12

Re: Too Many L's?

• Options
    I am trying to think of what your last name could be like with each name so I think Lily would be too much L's.  If that makes sense haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I like all of those names.  I prefer Isla spelled Islay (like the Island) but that is just me, I think Isla is more accepted.  I really like Lilah and Lily.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loke al the names as well....I have a Lily (MN) I dont like Lilah when its pronounced in the south though....ppl tend to exaggerate the LY sound rather than the LI sound. Im southern but hate incorrect use of words. I like Isla the best, Lily nest, Ella, then Lilah. I dont think its too many L's though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a double ll in our ln too. I have found that for the most part, a fn with an "l" in it is totally fine however a lot depends on the vowels in your ln. Our dominant vowel is a short "i" so Lily would sound like overkill whereas Lilah, Isla, Ella or any other name without a short "i" would sound lovely.
  • Options
    I think one l would be okay in the first name but two might become an l overdose especially paired with your last name. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"