June 2011 Moms

Evening Primrose Oil???

Anyone tried this??? How'd you take it? As a capsule? Liquid form? Up the Whoo ha ?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Evening Primrose Oil???

• I take 1500mg orally each day.  They are oil caps - they look like fish oil pills.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ahhh. I was told to try it to induce labor. But clearly... that's a crapshoot!!
  • Loading the player...
  • If I knew how to create a clicky poll, I would totally do one for this question. I started taking EPO at 36.5w. I take it orally, 3x/day. It's  a capsule. I didn't try it with DS and went to 41weeks, so I thought I'd give it a go this time (although MW said she doesn't think it worksSad). Let's hope she's wrong!Big Smile

• imageNovNYC2006:
    Ahhh. I was told to try it to induce labor. But clearly... that's a crapshoot!!

I don't think it's meant to induce labor so much as it's meant to ripen your cervix.

• I guess it's worth the shot regardless!! Better than the medical alternatives to ripen the cervix. I just wonder if it's supposed to be inserted vaginally to get the most benefit? I'm not sure I could do that.
  • I take 1500 mg/day orally, and insert one 500 mg pill vaginally at night. Don't know which method works best so I figured I'd cover my bases. It's not that weird to insert, it's a small pill so it goes right in and you don't have to put it far up there our anything. I stick a pin in the caplet first, though it dissolves on it's own so I don't think that's actually necessary. My midwives say it's not necessarally going to start labor, but it might make it faster and easier.
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • tesarytesary member
    My doctor recommended me to put 1000mg up my vagina every night before bed to try and ripen my cervix. 
  • imageNovNYC2006:
    Anyone tried this??? How'd you take it? As a capsule? Liquid form? Up the Whoo ha ?

Haha...this is what my girls and I call it. My 3 year old walked in on daddy in the shower one day and claimed to have seen his hoo ha! haha....as for the EPO...i dont take it....i jsut had to comment on you using whoo ha.

• I've been taking 2 Pills a day since week 35.5. My cervix is "soft" but not very effaced. Don't know if it helped it get that way. I tried putting it in vaginally but I hated the feeling and the fact that if I had to wake up on the middle of the night with DS I would have oil leaking out of my vag...so I stopped that.
  • I've been taking it for a few weeks...1300mg 3x a day. Its just supposed to soften the cervix.
  • I take 2000 mg a day orally, 1000 mg vaginally.
  • I take 1500 mg vaginally at night. Don't know if it's really helping or not - but my cervix did soften after the 1st week using it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"