1st Trimester

Heartburn

I can't remember when it started with my first pregnancy but this time it has started already. Other than tums, what has worked for you or what tips and tricks have you heard. I need suggestions. Thanks ladies!

Re: Heartburn

• I take a couple of pepcids each day.
  • Malox, Tums and the hope that the old wives tale about lots of heartburn meaning a baby with lots of hair was true! That's what kept me going last time and it's started again already!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Milk and not reclining...ever. Sorry I feel ya--I survived on bottles and bottles of Tums from 20weeks+.

Feel better!

Photobucket
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Breast-feeding, co-sleeping, Christian SAHM and wife.
    *HOPING FOR A VBAC!*
  • My mom has always told me that chewing gum stops heartburn. I tried it, but it didn't work for me (of course everyone is different) Someone suggestion eating pickles, which in my experience actually works! Apple cider & vinegar does the trick as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Zantac!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Milk helped me a ton with my first pregnancy and I've had to start with this pregnancy.  I routinely have to have a full glass before bed to help though the night...and keeping my head slightly elevated.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • No medication whether over the counter or prescription has been proven safe for unborn babies.  Many doctors will say that a drug is safe with absolutely no research to back it up.  That being said chewable papaya tablets work wonders and have no side effects.  You can get them at a natural foods store.  :)
    Try www.givingbirthgodsway.com Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had troublesome acid reflux and heartburn even before the pregnancy; now I'm taking Zantac once a day and it seems to help considerably, plus reducing the acid levels has made my constant nausea a little more bearable.  My GI doctor also recommended Pepcid as another good choice.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"