Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Kissing Guidelines

I feel that we need to set some boundaries on what's acceptable and what's not... Maybe people need help? Obviously we have said genitals, 'area', junk, etc is not ok, but what about the other spots... So we have lips, yay or nay? I mean I just don't go around doing that to everyone. I do know some adult people (non-so) thy do that when greeting, so is it ok? Also, lower thigh but not high thigh or rear-end kissing correct? And I would assume nipples are a no go, but what about the area in between? Who wants to establish the rules?

Re: Kissing Guidelines

• Obviously there are places that are a gray area. However genitals aren't part of that.

DId you see the question I posed to you in the other thread?

The poster formally known as Irish Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePiRSquared330:

Obviously there are places that are a gray area. However genitals aren't part of that.

DId you see the question I posed to you in the other thread?

saw it. Anyways, those gray areas - what are those? I mean this in all seriousness now. I used to raspberry lo upper thigh but knowing now that some moms might judge me makes me wonder if that's also taboo. Also putting her feet in my mouth... Crossing a line?
  • I honestly don't know. Some on here for example are vrery uncomfortable with kissing kids on the mouth. I don't do it, but it doesn't bother me either. So that, for example, is a gray area IMO. Its not wrong (especially not in a legal sense) but many are not comfortable with it.

The poster formally known as Irish Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • for whatever reason, this whole thread makes me uncomfortable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I will kiss my son on the forehead, cheek, hands, feet, belly or random leg/knee/arm if he falls. I think anything in the diaper covered area is probably off limits, imo. I think it also all depends on who is doing the kissing for other parts of body (mom and dad, grandparents, siblings ok for mouth, but not other random people).

I an big on kissing/hugging/showing affection, but there definitely should be some boundaries. 

• My kids kiss me and DH on the lips but no one else. The grandparents usually kiss them on the cheek. My 3 year old usually only wants to give kisses before bed and right when he wakes up !

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • My personal kissing guidelines are face, feet (only after bath time, DS has some stinky feet) and hands.
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • Kissing me son's penisis...no f'ing way.

DH and I kiss both of my kids on the lips though, it's totally comfortable for us.  We were both raised in very affectionate households.  DH still kisses his Mom on the lips (a peck, obviously).  I still kiss both of my parents on the lips or the cheek when I see them.

The day my kids push me away I will be sad...but I hope the day doesn't come.

• imageKelzinBoston:

Kissing me son's penisis...no f'ing way.

DH and I kiss both of my kids on the lips though, it's totally comfortable for us.  We were both raised in very affectionate households.  DH still kisses his Mom on the lips (a peck, obviously).  I still kiss both of my parents on the lips or the cheek when I see them.

The day my kids push me away I will be sad...but I hope the day doesn't come.

This.

I also kiss DD on the mouth, rather, she kisses me on my mouth. I'm ok with it. It has never occurred to me to kiss the genital area, even if it did occur to me to, I never would, I've seen what goes on in that diaper. Genital kissing is just....wrong. 

Lilypie - (fjc0)

• I kiss DD's head, face, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, belly (the "bra area" is where I DON'T kiss), and then anything below the "shorts mark"....if that makes sense.

Basically, anywhere a bra would cover is off limits in my mind, and anywhere a pair of shorts would cover (waiste to almost knees) is also off limits.

• DD kisses DH and I on the lips. Her kisses are the sweetest thing in the world.  Her grandparents kiss her on the cheek.  We have taught her to blow other people kisses.  She blows kisses to everyone lol.  I would never even think about kissing her anywhere private.  I think that's wrong personally.  I do kiss her feet and her hands though I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
  • I guess I'm weird because I'm pretty sure I've kissed DD's (clean) bum before in a being goofy way. Baby butts are just so cute. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageashnoelle:
    I guess I'm weird because I'm pretty sure I've kissed DD's (clean) bum before in a being goofy way. Baby butts are just so cute. 

I've done this as well.  I really didn't think anything of it until I read this post.  Huh?

• imageJessys_Girl:

I kiss DD's head, face, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, belly (the "bra area" is where I DON'T kiss), and then anything below the "shorts mark"....if that makes sense.

Basically, anywhere a bra would cover is off limits in my mind, and anywhere a pair of shorts would cover (waiste to almost knees) is also off limits.

so you'd kiss your son's nipples?

• kg_08kg_08 member
    We do face kisses, except not on the lips. Also belly, hands, and feet.
  • imagekelleylk:

imageashnoelle:
    I guess I'm weird because I'm pretty sure I've kissed DD's (clean) bum before in a being goofy way. Baby butts are just so cute. 

I've done this as well.  I really didn't think anything of it until I read this post.  Huh?

I kiss DDs bum. It is too cute not too! This thread is ridiculous. I am not going to rely on a thread to tell me what is appropriate. I dont kiss her vuvla but I kiss her fat thighs, chubby feet, bum, lips...she is my daughter so if other people want to judge that is their problem.
  • imagerubredvelvet:
    I feel that we need to set some boundaries on what's acceptable and what's not... Maybe people need help? Obviously we have said genitals, 'area', junk, etc is not ok, but what about the other spots... So we have lips, yay or nay? I mean I just don't go around doing that to everyone. I do know some adult people (non-so) thy do that when greeting, so is it ok? Also, lower thigh but not high thigh or rear-end kissing correct? And I would assume nipples are a no go, but what about the area in between? Who wants to establish the rules?
    To answer your question on who wants to establish the rules; I establish the rules with MY child thank you very much.
  • I think this board would be better served coming up with guidelines of what not to share on the internet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageIfferMarie:
    imagekelleylk:

imageashnoelle:

I kiss DDs bum. It is too cute not too! This thread is ridiculous. I am not going to rely on a thread to tell me what is appropriate. I dont kiss her vuvla but I kiss her fat thighs, chubby feet, bum, lips...she is my daughter so if other people want to judge that is their problem.
    This thread is ridiculous I know, so is this board. My dh and I have been actually laughing reading about what's on and 'off' limits. I mean common people! People need to use their brains. Kissing on the thigh, lips, butt, 'bra' region (which is is funny within itself that it wasbroughtup) is so silly. People actually being creeped out by it is funny to me. It was really about making a point.... And point definitely not made!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"