1st Trimester

when does the bloated feeling turn in to baby bump?

My husband and I are expecting our first child and are really excited! I am only 5 wks along and I am peeing a lot, kinda queezy most of the time and feel bloated, fun stuff I know.  When do you start to be able to tell if how you feel is bloated or if your stomach is growing? At what month/wk will the baby be big enough to start to make noticeable changes on the outside?  Thanks :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: when does the bloated feeling turn in to baby bump?

• I can tell you that I'm just bloated still.  This is our 1st preg. too and I'm still waiting.  My pants are very tight around the button and fly (I leave unbuttoned when I can) and I think that's may be due a little too the baby but otherwise I am still just bloated:-( 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • With my first I didn't start to show really noticeably until I was 18-20 weeks.  This time I am showing slightly already.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It all depends, everyone is different. With my first I popped where I was noticeably pregnant at 16 weeks. My second I already had a small bump about 12 weeks and this time Im just starting to see a bump not bloat. My bloat made me look huge until about a week ago. The bloat went down and now I have a little bump and loving it :) No one can tell you when you will start to show because there are too many factors that determine when you will get your bump and we cant know that, it will come soon enough :)
  • With my first I remember the bloat going away around 10 or 11 weeks.  I really didn't start showing until almost 26 weeks.  (I'm 6' though, so that may have something to do with it)

I am really bloated with this 2nd one.  My pants are currently not fitting me, so I'm hoping the bloat will go away soon.

MC 6/20/11 @ 7.5 Wks.~ "Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?"
  • I looked bigger at 5 weeks than I do now due to massive bloat. The bloat has really gone down since then though, but after dinner it always makes a little appearance.

Right now the part that is baby is visible to me (barely) but to no one else. I think that's just because I can actually feel where my uterus is starting to push out a little. Either way the baby is SO low right now it doesnt look like a bump at all.

My pants are a little tight, but I think this has a lot to do with the fact that my hips and butt have been growing. My belly is still relatively small.

Hoping to see a bit more growth in the next few weeks!

• I had bloat for the first 12 weeks. It went away and I had a few weeks before I started to show. By week 16/ 17 it was starting to get noticeable. However, I am 5'2", so there is not much room for the baby to grow in. I am now 27 weeks and look like I am in my 9th month, not my 7th month.

It really depends on you body type, your height, your uterine placement. FTMs show later that moms that have already had a child. It'll come when it comes.

• With my first, I started to show around 15 weeks. With this one I feel like i'm going to be showing much sooner... I can already see it when I flex my stomach muscles...
  • Well like pp have said, everyone is different. With my first pregnancy with DD, I didn't noticeably start showing to other people until around 32-33 weeks. And even then it wasn't much. Maybe I'll start showing sooner this time!
  • With baby #1 around 20-25 weeks is normal.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Forget what people say is "normal"--there is no such thing in pregnancy. It all depends on the size/shape of your uterus and your body frame. I never had a flat stomach (normal weight, just not toned) and at 15 weeks I looked pregnant and my belly was firm. I also have a long torso, so take that how you want.

Either way its safe to say that before you know it you'll wish your belly was smaller :) At 32 weeks I was ready (then I went to 41 weeks...eek!)

:)

Photobucket
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Breast-feeding, co-sleeping, Christian SAHM and wife.
    *HOPING FOR A VBAC!*
  • It has a lot to do with your body type. I started showing with my first around 14 weeks. I'm quite short, so by the end, I was popping out so much it didn't even look physically possible. I was pregnant at the same time as my best friend, and she is at least 6 inches taller than me, and has a long torso. She didn't start showing until after 20 weeks for sure. Everyone though I was due way before her, even though I was actually due two and a half weeks AFTER her. So time will tell....
    BabyName Ticker
    Mom to Nora Audrey *09.03.2009*
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"