2nd Trimester

Hard time peeing..

As usual, I woke up around 5 30 AM today to pee.. I do this a few times a night. Today, I was literally Pee-Constipated!  I have had bladder infections before where it feels like you  need to pee but you can't, and this felt different. I literally had to pee really really badly but nothing would come out.

Did anyone else experience this and no why? I'm Hoping this really isn't a bladder infection & after about 10 minutes and a walk I finally was able to go.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hard time peeing..

• this happens to me sometimes if i hold it to long (or don't wake up to go early enough).  just try to drink more water and see if this helps--of course follow up with your Dr if you really think it is anything more.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • acaveracaver member
    I don't know, it doesn't sound like a bladder infection.  I had one a couple weeks ago, and it wasn't that I couldn't go at all, just couldn't empty all the way.  If it happens again, I'd call the dr.   Good luck, doesn't sound like a pleasant experience :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have a tipped uterus? My doctor told me that i could have problems going pee if mine didnt move into the correct place sometime at the end of the 1st trimester beginning of the 2nd.

Good luck!

• same thing has been happening to me for the last week. i didnt have any other signs of an infection, accept yesterday morning i felt like i couldnt empty my bladder all the way. i went in to my ob to have it checked just in case, and sure enough, i have the beginnings of a UTI. im on antibiotics for a week. I would get a culture done, you just never know. my ob told me UTIs can feel very different when your pregnant.
  • Early in my 2nd trimester I had some issues with 'pee constipation'.  My midwife said that position of the uterus was putting extra pressure on my bladder making things difficult, but as the baby grows the uterus will start moving up.  It lasted a few weeks, but went away and I could pee normally again.  Now the baby is kicking my bladder so I often get an overwhelming, desperate, painful need to pee.  I'm guessing it's not getting any better anytime soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for your replies :)

It got a better during the day but I still don't feel 100% right. I have a dr appt this week so I'll be sure to bring it up. I was never told I had a tipped uterus so if it is anything it may be the beginning of a UTI.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep - sounds like your uterus could be tilted! When it is tilted, it puts pressure on the urethra, which can slow down or stop urine flow. Try leaning forward and bearing down when you need to go. I had a tilted uterus/borderline incarcerated until 20 weeks and had the same problem. My doc sent me home with in & out caths just in case; thank God I didn't need them! If you find yourself unable to void at all, you need to go to the ER so they can help you empty. If it is a tilted uterus, it should correct itself very soon! You're at the point where the baby and uterus will start to gain some weight. It should tilt back to the correct position! 

Maybe set an alarm to get up mid-way through the night. This seems to happen when your bladder is really full. :) 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • To add ... when I would push to pee, it would flow without effort once I got a bit of the urine off my bladder. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"