January 2012 Moms

My poor furbaby :(

My puppy Bosco is sick :( Last Friday I noticed that he started limping on his front paw. DH and I were heading out of town for the holiday weekend so I notified the kennel and called the next day to check on him. They said he was doing fine. Picked him up on Tuesday and he wasn't limping. Woke up Wednesday morning and he was limping again but on and off all day. Then last night he had me up every two hours whimpering to go out where he had horrible diarrhea. Then this morning he vomited three times. I called the vet and they got us in this afternoon. Well he has..... (ready for this)......... Lyme Disease, Anaplasmosis (which is another tick borne disease), whip worms and coccidia. Indifferent WTF! We were at the vet a month ago for his last puppy vaccines and his stool sample was clear so apparently the past month has been horrible for him. 

So $550 later my poor baby has to take three different medications every day and since whip worms and coccidia is very contagious, I have to put our other dog on the meds as well. I also have to wash my hands every time I eat or drink anything since it could be bad for pregnant woman as well. What an an expensive week! The kennel was another $350 for the two of them. Sigh! There's always something :(  

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: My poor furbaby :(

• Aw poor puppy! I hate when mine gets even slightly sick - I can't imagine that. I hope he feels better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Poor puppy! That is awful, I hope he feels better soon and be careful!
    Check out our blog of Sofia's progress... www.FisforFam.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Visit The Nest! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Fur babies are ridiculously expensive (I have three kitties and they all had UTIs at the same time - it wiped out our savings!!!). Any thoughts about how they'll adjust to your newest addition? ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin
  • I hope your little one feels better soon!  Give lots of treats!  
  • lp0lp0 member

imageDoc Fabulous:
    Fur babies are ridiculously expensive (I have three kitties and they all had UTIs at the same time - it wiped out our savings!!!). Any thoughts about how they'll adjust to your newest addition? ;)

They are very expensive! It seems like just regular annual vaccines are a few hundred each pet. It's crazy!

I think they'll be okay when the baby arrives. They are both huge cuddlebugs so that will be an adjustment that they won't be able to be in my lap all the time but I think they are going to be okay. I think Daisy will lick the baby from head to toe and Bosco will probably be a binky/toy stealer, lol.

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Well that's good to hear! I'm anxious about how my cats will adjust, but I'm hoping for the best. Hope your little ones feel better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." -Anais Nin
  • awwwww Sad poor baby. I hate when pets get sick Sad I hope your furbaby gets feeling better soon! Smile
  • Sad times (and a pain).  I hope he feels better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"