Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Pumping and flying internationally

Quick question from a lurker...

My husband and I will be going to Aruba for a week in a month, when our son is about 11 months.  He's staying at his grandparents.  I know I'm going to have to pump while we're in Aruba.

My question is...I think I want to wean our son around a year, but it's not set in stone.  Do I bother trying to bring the milk back?  Can I bring the milk back?  Has anyone done this?  What did you use to keep the milk cool?  I wonder if it's worth the effort of bringing a cooler/dealing with customs/saying, 'no, my breastmilk is NOT a bomb.'  On the other hand, I HATE to do all that pumping and just pour it down the drain...

Indecision sucks.  Anyone have gone through this?  Did you bring the milk back?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pumping and flying internationally

• My sister did, although she didn't have to go through customs.  I think I would give it a shot in a cooler with dry ice or even ice from the hotel.  If all else fails they will make you dump it out at customs, but you can say you at least tried. 

Ask the customs agent when you get there what the proper way to transport it is and also print off any airline or TSA policies to have with you. 

• You may want to search for this on the Breastfeeding or Working Moms board- I see this posted there quite often and those ladies have done it successfully many times.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"