June 2011 Moms

Pre-E/High BP Ladies

There was no protein in my urine, but I've been swelling like a puffer fish, and my BP, which is normally perfect, was suddenly high, even after laying down for 10 minutes today.

My doctor told me to monitor for any headaches or dizzy spells. The problem is, I'm headache prone to begin with when I'm off my antidepressants.

If you got headaches because of pre-e or bp issues, did they feel different from "normal" headaches? She wants me to go into L&D if I have a headache more than 2 days in a row, and I'd hate to go in for one that's completely unrelated to my bp.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
Married: 08/14/10
Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
June Moms Blog

Re: Pre-E/High BP Ladies

• At my appt 2 weeks ago my normally perfect blood pressure was suddenly high and they found protein in my urine so I was sent to L&D to be monitored/tested for pre-e and it was ruled out. However, my dr said that if I get a headache that doesn't go away after taking tylenol and resting in a cool dark room to go right to L&D. I have never gotten a headache so I'm not sure if it would feel different, but maybe try what my dr told me and see if your headache goes away?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine also said to go in if it didn't go away with tylenol and rest. It may be difficult for you if you are prone to headaches anyway but I would imagine the headache would be worse if related to pre-e - like more of a migraine than a headache. Have you asked your doctor? Also, if its affecting your vision I'd go in for sure. Better safe than sorry though and if something doesn't feel right and it's not going away I'd go in.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am having the same issue. My doctors just having me monitor my blood pressure. If it gets over 160/ 110 I call her. She said to also watch for dizziness, blurred vision and flashing lights. So maybe if your headache comes with vision issues also you will know to go in to LD.
  • They throbbed and would not go away with sleep
  • I was told in L&D that if you are prone to headaches/migraines the pre-e ones would be different. So i get auroas with my typical migraines so when  I have one with out that I need to call or check my BP
  • imageAprilLynn09:
    They throbbed and would not go away with sleep

Mine definitely don't throb usually, so that helps a lot!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"