August 2011 Moms

Poll: What is your most comfortable sleep position?

I need ideas! I finally got my little fan in place so I'm not hot when I sleep, but I can't for the life of me get my hips, butt, boobs and belly all in a comfortable position! I toss and turn all night, and wake up every time I change positions. I have a body pillow, but that thing just makes me sweat.

Anyone found a (semi) comfortable sleep position?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: What is your most comfortable sleep position?

• Air on 69, ceiling fan on, light nighshirt, snoogle, wrist brace and laying on my right side.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I could not stand sleeping with a body pillow.  I don't have problems getting comfortable at night.  I usually fall asleep on my side with a pillow between my knees that comes up so my belly can rest on it too.  Its a feather pillow, so it conforms easily.  I also have a couple pillows under my head too.  I usually wake up on my back though.  I know everyone is different, but this is what works for me.  Good luck to you!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ijackijack member
    I can't sleep without my body pillow, my body would hate me! On my right side I sleep with my right shoulder tucked under so that I'm semi on my stomach (not all the way obviously, but not just on my hip), on my left side I can sleep straight on my side. We haven't turned the air on (probably tonight), but the fan is on and I sleep with a pillowcase over my head (used to be a pillow, but that was too hot).
    Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • I'd love to be toward my right side and half on my stomach, but it hardly ever works now.  I usually end up on my left side with a pillow between my legs.
  • I sleep on my left or right, I change a couple times during the night. I straighten out the bottom leg, and bend the top on at the knee. I sleep with a normal pillow next to my torso/between my thighs, and I tilt my entire body so that my top leg is actually in front of the bottom one, like probably close to 1/4 of the way on my stomach (I'll have some crease marks from laying on the side of it sometimes). I don't roll out of this position EVER, and my back, hips and legs haven't felt better in pregnancy!

(When we have patient at work in comas/ heavily sedated we lay them like this so they can't roll back onto their backs!)

• I have yet to find a comfortable position to sleep in. The one that does help stay asleep a little longer at a time is on my right side, although nearly on my stomach. (If that makes any sense)
  • We keep our room cool and also have a ceiling fan - right there I am much more comfortable. I bought a body pillow but I just don't think it's for me. Maybe it's too big but I just feel like I need more room in our bed. I haven't had too hard a time sleeping anyway (not yet at least!) but I always seem to wake up on my back so I feel like my body must be naturally more comfortable that way. Whenever I wake up I immediately switch to my side though.
  • Depends on every night. Some nights I sleep with my body pillow and other nights I dont. When I do sleep with my body pillow there needs to be enough under my belly and enough between my legs. I try to sleep more on my left side but I do shift a lot. So some nights I sleep to my right and some nights change over to my back but my honey wakes my up to move to my side for baby Smile One thing I do notice I don't like to sleep with PJ's right now lol I sleep in a sports bra with a tank or just a sports bra...kind of weird but thats what I prefer. Also I must have water beside my bed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagejed15@case.edu:

I sleep on my left or right, I change a couple times during the night. I straighten out the bottom leg, and bend the top on at the knee. I sleep with a normal pillow next to my torso/between my thighs, and I tilt my entire body so that my top leg is actually in front of the bottom one, like probably close to 1/4 of the way on my stomach (I'll have some crease marks from laying on the side of it sometimes). I don't roll out of this position EVER, and my back, hips and legs haven't felt better in pregnancy!

(When we have patient at work in comas/ heavily sedated we lay them like this so they can't roll back onto their backs!)

OK, that sounds amazing, and do-able!

• I just got the Leah Co. Snoogle Total Body Pillow and it's the answer to all my woes. Left side, with the C of the pillow supporting down my back and around neck and bottom between my knees, with a second regular pillow under my shoulders to make breathing easier and prevent heartburn. Super-thin cotton nightgowns keep me cool as long as the fan's going. And a cup of ice on my nightstand for ice-cold water when I wake up. Mmm.
  • I usually swap sides every time I go to the bathroom. I can't sleep on my back or I suffocate from either the baby pushing down or my boobs crushing in on my chest. I sleep with just some undies on. I get way too hot and like to be under at least a light comforter. I've also started to need a pillow under my belly for support sometimes. Then I have a little square pillow I sleep with near my head for my arm to support up on. I have really bad shoulder problems, and this keeps it from rolling in the socket funny. I also have a snoogle that I'll use some nights, but it's harder when DH is in bed with me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I sleep on either side, but mostly on my left side.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my "comfort-U" body pillow.  It looks like an upside down letter U and it is the best purchase I have made during my pregnancy.

I am petite so I got the petite "comfort-U" and I use it all the time.

I sleep in a little cotton night-gown b/c I get hot at night.   

• BK33BK33 member
    sitting up in a rocking chair. Tongue Tied
  • imageThemetastic:
    Air on 69, ceiling fan on, light nighshirt, snoogle, wrist brace and laying on my right side.

I love this! Sounds like you have it down Smile

image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • gy86gy86 member

Down, down, and more down!  I know it sounds counterintuitive, since we associate down with keeping us warm during the winter months -- but it breathes way better than the polyester batting which is likely filling your body pillow.

I have a pillowtop down featherbed thing that goes on top of my mattress, which is great because it is poofy and conforms to my shape.  Then I have my down comforter, which I typically stuff between my legs or wrap around parts of me.  Even in the summer in Phoenix, I have to sleep with my down comforter because I like the weight of covers on me.  Usually I sleep with one leg out or my feet exposed for temperature regulation.

Even at 31 weeks, I can still get away with sleeping on my stomach if I bend one leg up and make a little nest with all my pillows.  :-D  I guess I'm lucky...

Finding a comfy position isn't my problem.  It's waking up every 2 hrs to go pee in the middle of the night!!  But I suppose that's just training, for when I'll be waking every 2 hrs to comfort my crying newborn daughter. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage image
  • Air on...Fan on....proped up with 3 pillows and 2 pillows under my knees...I am going to physical theropy for alot of pains in my pelvic area..and she suggested this and when i wake up 5 hours later...which is amazing because i usually have to go pee...but yea it works like a charm...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejed15@case.edu:

I sleep on my left or right, I change a couple times during the night. I straighten out the bottom leg, and bend the top on at the knee. I sleep with a normal pillow next to my torso/between my thighs, and I tilt my entire body so that my top leg is actually in front of the bottom one, like probably close to 1/4 of the way on my stomach (I'll have some crease marks from laying on the side of it sometimes). I don't roll out of this position EVER, and my back, hips and legs haven't felt better in pregnancy!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"