August 2011 Moms

Comments on Belly Size

Anyone getting funny comments about belly size?  I'm taller so although I have gained 30 pounds I think my belly is longer rather than straight out.  Sounds funny I know, but people keep telling me how small my belly is for being due in a few months.  The irony is that the scale disagrees with these comments completely!

Re: Comments on Belly Size

• i've gained about 17lbs and got asked yesterday by my pulminologist if i was having twins after i told her my due date.  :-( 

and dh said that was this big at the end of my pregnancy w/ds....  thanks dh!  

i swear my belly isn't THAT big though!   i'm just short and all belly. :-(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • One of my coworkers comments every Monday that I grew a lot over the weekend. It's like, Thanks biotch, you're no slim jim yourself.
  • Loading the player...
  • My belly is all the way out in front and very round, so lots of people react in disbelief when I tell them I am not due until August 4. And even more shock when I say I have only gained 14lbs. I don't know what makes people think that it is ok to comment on pregnant women's size.
  • I got "You are about to pop"  today.   I said I hope not since I am not due until the end of August.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Max born July 25

Big sisters Alex and Layla

• imagekatncrack:
    Anyone getting funny comments about belly size?  I'm taller so although I have gained 30 pounds I think my belly is longer rather than straight out.  Sounds funny I know, but people keep telling me how small my belly is for being due in a few months.  The irony is that the scale disagrees with these comments completely!

I could have written this post word for word! Being tall has its perks...I, too, have gained close to 30 lbs and whenever I tell someone they always say "where!? it's all in that little belly!" They're probably just being nice but I'll take it ;)

• I get the, you look great, you can hardly tell you are even pregnant! ?When I tell them I am due in August they look at me like I am crazy. ?I was definitely overweight before I got pregnant so I usually just take it as they can't decipher a belly from my fat. :(
  • i've heard "wow, you're really getting big" and i've gained 15 lbs. i'm really not that big. i still wear a lot of non-maternity clothes. but then yesterday someone told me i looked small and "put together." whatever that means. i've also been told that from behind, you can't even tell i'm pregnant. that's a good thing cuz i'm not growing this kid in my @ss. my mother told me i look "compact." again, i have no idea what that means.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love it when people make comments about how small I am ... it may be vain, but it does make me feel better about the story my bathroom scale tells :)
  • imagesophabelle:

and dh said that was this big at the end of my pregnancy w/ds....  thanks dh!  

My H said the exact same thing to me.  Someone at work asked me how much longer.  When I told him 3 months, he said he expected me to say more like 3 weeks.  Even I can tell I'm much bigger much faster than I was last time though.  And being short isn't helping me. 

• My boss always tells me that she forgets I'm pregnant when I turn around.  There have even been a couple of times when I actually turn and face her and she jumps a little and says "I know your 31 weeks but I still forget sometimes because you can only tell from the front!"

It always makes me feel good bc I've gained 40+ lbs and I'm convinced I'm secretly gaining back fat or a J.Lo booty but I guess I'm not!

• Omg yes!!! I'm not super tall, 5'7" but I've gained 28 lbs! (including a couple pounds of holiday weight lol...) Baby is also measuring ahead a few days so I know things are good in there, but ppl look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I'm 7 months and due in Aug. :( When I went to the dentist and told my hygienist she goes 'why are you so small??' my aunt the other night 'omg I hate you! You don't even look pregnant!' In a way it is nice because I dont have any stretch marks, I know they may come, but I don't have them yet. I know a little bit of the weight is all over which I'm not too excited about but hopefully breast feeding will take care of that. My best guess to my 'smallness' issue is prob because I was in very good shape before and I've always had a flat muscular tummy, and all of my midwives comment on my abdominal muscle tone, I think my muscles just don't to let the guy out:-/
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageamyegunnip:

imagekatncrack:

I could have written this post word for word! Being tall has its perks...I, too, have gained close to 30 lbs and whenever I tell someone they always say "where!? it's all in that little belly!" They're probably just being nice but I'll take it ;)

What both of you said!!! I get the same thing constatnyl, and as another PP said, it sometimes makes me worried!! I wonder, am I really too small? I have gained 30 lbs or more too!! I guess no one is going to experience things like anyone else but they could at least keep the comments to themselves!

• I've had a lot of people say I look small for my due date. I am measuring just as I should - at least at my last appointment, my next one is in a week.

I have gained about 25 pounds... I dont feel small!

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is a funny topic for sure and funny how free people feel commenting on size.  I mean even when commenting I'm sure there are people who get these comments who might not even be pregnant!  But being called 'compact' or 'pregnant looking only from the front' makes me chuckle.  And to the person who points out that you have grown every weekend, I think you have every right to tell her she is no slim jim.  I guess we should all just be reassured that our bodies are growing in the way meant for us whatever direction that might be.
  • You know its funny because people have no concept of how big you are "supposed" to be.  I keep being told how small I am, yet my fundal height is 1 week ahead.  They just like to comment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • During just the past week I've gotten a couple of comments on how big I'm getting. When I get all bent out of shape about it my husband says "you're having a baby, of course you're getting bigger!" I used to hate the comments about how small I was, now I hate the ones about how big I am. I guess people just can't win with me lol
  • I've gained about 13 pounds so far, and most people tell me how healthy and fit I look, and that they're amazed I'm in the third trimester based on my lack of readily apparent showing.  My own dad tells me "You're really getting out there!," as if my bump is something to be ashamed of, or as if my weight is getting out of control; and to compound the matter, he uses the word "preggers," which really gets under my skin.  His comments are just seem so insensitive to say to his hormonal, pregnant daughter, and it irritates the heck out of me.  Just needed to vent....thanksSurprise

I am so in love with my precious little miracle!
  • That is so obnoxious! I probably would have quipped something about popping them...
  • imagechillyupnorth:
    Thanks biotch, you're no slim jim yourself.

like!  lol!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Today at our 8th grade graduation, an older lady said to me, "Wow, when are you due?  Yesterday?!"  You can imagine her reaction when I said I still have 9 more weeks, lol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"