TTC after 35

I'm back - with an update - I missed you all!

Hello ladies - I'm back!

First, I am sorry for the disappearing act. I just needed a break and with everything that has gone on the last month and a half, I just had to unplug from the Bump for a little while. I hope you understand. I did lurk periodically to check in on you. But, I am back now!

Ok, so let's see where we left off... Work had been a beast this year and I am convinced the added stress was contributing to my IUI failures. Then in mid-April, I was laid off. Sounds horrible, but it was really a blessing in disguise. It was a Monday and IUI #5 was scheduled for Wednesday! I had a Junior League meeting that night that I seriously wanted to skip-out on since I didn't know what the lack of employment would do to the baby-making plans. I am single, remember, so no husband with a second income in this household. It's all me. Anyway, I decided to go to the meeting anyway since I sit on the steering committee for our largest fundraiser. I got there early and was talking to my friend Jamie and telliing her about work. Right then and there, she offered me a job consultiing for her communications company.

It's awesome and the prefect job for me. I'm a contract employee so no benefits, but I can handle that on my own since my hourly rate is so much higher than my previous salary. I work flexible hours, from home - about 25-30 hours a week. And still make more money than my advertising job. I am loving it! I feel like I spent the last 12 years of my career being overly ambitious at the expense of having a family. Always working hard, trying to prove myself, trying to get the next promotion. I am done with all that. I am just happy being good at what I do. I have never been happier.

Unfortunately, IUI #5 was still a failure. I was really bummed as it seemed to be the perfect scenario, but it was not to be. That's when I disappeared. I just needed a break. I even disappeared from my RE too. Well, it's been a month and I went into see the RE today for a WTF consult. I am much more discouraged than he seems to be. There is technically nothing wrong with me, I just seem to get the crap end of the odds. We decided that I would take this month off as well and then try one more medicated IUI in July. (I have one vial left). If that does not work, I will select a new donor and proceed with IVF in the Fall. I hate the thought of the $$$, but I like having a plan.

I think I might actually be able to afford IVF, but only because I got a sweet severance from my old job and started working the new job a few weeks later. It's funny how everythign works out.

So, here I am on CD2, waiting for this period to end and the next one to begin so I can give IUI with donor 12028 one more chance.

I'm starting to read through all the posts again, but I can't wait for all your updates.

I missed you!

Glad to be back,

Melle

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey

Re: I'm back - with an update - I missed you all!

• I am glad to hear that you are well! Also, so nice to hear good news about better, and less stressful employment. I have a feeling I am heading for IVF too. Though I am going to have to beg, borrow, or steal to pay for it. Welcome back!

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Glad to see you back.  So glad your job situation worked out so well.  That's wonderful.  Good luck with your IUI.  I hope it's the one for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • great story about the job!  the tone of your update sounds really optimistic.  

keep the baby faith ... i feel like a broken record these days, but have you tried acupuncture?

• Nice to have you back! I'm sorry #5 was a failure, but I'm so happy for you that other things have turned around in positive ways. I hope a little more break time will continue to increase the positive trend, and #6 does it for you.
    TTC #1 since June 2010
    Me: 36, DH: 42
    Dx: DOR and MFI

DH: low count + very low motility; hormones all normal; Sperm DNA Frag. test = poor to fair; male karyotyping normal
    Me: FSH 13.4 + AMH 0.26 + hypothyroidism; Scratch the hypothyrodism (?); Blood clotting and immune panel all negative; endometrial biopsy normal

IVF #1 (MDLF - Jul/Aug 2011): BFN (9R, 5M, 3F with ICSI, 3dt of 1 10-cell grade 2, no frosties)
    IVF #2 (EP-antagonist - Sep/Oct 2011): BFN (6R, 4M, 3F w/ ICSI, 3dt of 1 6-cell, 1 7-cell, grade 4s, no frosties)
    DE IVF #1 (shared cycle - June 2012): c/p (6R, 6F w/ICSI, 3dt 1 8-cell grade A- and 1 7-cell grade A-; no frosties)
    DE IVF #2 (shared cycle with new donor - Nov/Dec/ 2012): - BFP!!!!! 12/14/12. U/S on 12/27 shows twins!!!!!

SAIFW/PAIFW
  • Yay!  super congrats on the new job, it sounds perfect. 
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • Welcome back!  I have always said that things happen for a reason.  Even if I don't know why at the time, it become clear after it's all said & done. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So glad to hear the good news about your new job. That is fantastic! Nice to see you online again. Smile

• Hey Melle,

Glad you are back! I totally get the need for a break at times. I'm so happy to hear about your new job. It sounds wonderful!  I'm sorry #5 didn't work. There really is no rhyme or reason on these things. I hope you don't have to move on to IVF but it is there if "we" need it.  Welcome back!!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• so glad to have you back!  I'm off for the next two cycles as well so we can be impatient together!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Welcome back Melle!  Glad that you've had some break time and your new job sounds fantastic!!  Sorry that IUI #5 wasn't your cylce, hope that you get you BFP with #6.  Thanks for popping in, many gals were concerned when we hadn't heard from you.  Best of luck!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • YAY! Welcome back!! Im glad things are going well for you! Boo for IUI failure....Mine was a bust too.  I was terminated from my job 5/2 and started a new job on 5/9. The only bad thing is that I am temp to hire so no benefits right now. Hopefully in 2 months that will change (CA has 90 day probation). So hopefully soon we will be back on the IUI/IVF track. For now, its good ole baby dancing!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Me - 41 DH - 28 **** Proud mom to Christopher, dob 7/15/92 **** Nathaniel dob 1/18/05 -1/18/05 (8 mos) in heaven **** bfp 8/26/10 m/c 10/14/10 at 7 wks. **** D&C 10/15/10 **** Cycles 1-4 BFN's **** Cycle #5 - 100 mg Clomid **** IUI #1 - 04/23/11 and 4/24/11 - 5/8/11 IUI #1 = BFFN BFP 10/14/11 - EDD 6/22/12** Stick little one Stick! Athena Jane 5/31/12 - 8/28/12
  • Yes

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"