1st Trimester

And I thought lightening crotch was a myth....

But I experienced it this weekend and whoa was that a suprise!!  I am glad I read the post that was up last week about this or I may have been really concerned.  Felt like the baby had a knife it was stabbing me with in the southern region!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: And I thought lightening crotch was a myth....

• I'm with ya!  It's killing me!!!  I didn't have this with my first pregnancy so it was quite an unwelcome suprise!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Here's what I've experienced so far, and considering I had an MC before, of course I worry extra:

Menstrual like cramps that come and go, never get too bad but annoying

lightning crotch : ) 

Pain in my tail bone and sides of my butt

Pain just above my tail bone, lower back ache I guess

Today the lower back pain and cramping lasted a little longer than normal

Gas-like or even hunger-like pains on right side of my abdomen, lasted for almost a few days

Other than that, sore boobs, seems to be the worst at night.. had morning sickness at first, but not so much anymore ... food cravings

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageUnpossible:
    Lightning crotch is caused by the pressure of the baby on your cervix, and it's often exacerbated once baby flips and is in the head down position. So at 6 or 7 weeks, I don't think you're experiencing lightning crotch. And it's definitely not lightening crotch. 

I don't care what it is...it hurts!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Someone's hormones are definately in full force
  • imagelaramiek:
    Someone's hormones are definately in full force

I will remember this post when you're about 3 weeks PP and you're going bananas from the hormones. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I have lightning crotch all the time and I am 10 weeks pregnant...I attribute it to nerves in that area going crazy.  I also had it with my 2 sons...it is very different than round ligament pain or any other pain, it literally feels like someone is shocking my crotch area...sometimes I even yelp and look like a total idiot.
    Lauren...Wife to Jason, mother to Henry (4), Wesley (2), and baby George! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelala1608:
    I have lightning crotch all the time and I am 10 weeks pregnant...I attribute it to nerves in that area going crazy.  I also had it with my 2 sons...it is very different than round ligament pain or any other pain, it literally feels like someone is shocking my crotch area...sometimes I even yelp and look like a total idiot.
    This. I've had it since 9 weeks or so. OP you're not alone!
  • kjg5445kjg5445 member

why on earth would you think lightning crotch is a myth?

its real and its AWFUL. creep over to third tri. lots of lightning crotch posts over there!

• 6 weeks is way too early for lightning crotch.  Just wait until you have a few pounds of baby slamming their head on your cervix.  That's a whole different ball game.

• I joined this website to learn and share with women who can relate to what each other is going through.  I really don't see the need for people to get nasty and refute what my body is going through since every woman experiences pregnancy differently. This is my first pregnancy and I do not know what to expect, I read a post last week (maybe you can criticize the women on that post as well) regarding this symptom and when I felt something similar I just assumed that's what it was was, I'm not a Doctor. 

HaHa and the spelling mistake, how silly of me, I should've known that.  Although lightning is a commonly mispelled so I'm not the only one I guess.  Smile

• I joined this website to learn and share with women who can relate to what each other is going through.  I really don't see the need for people to get nasty and refute what my body is going through since every woman experiences pregnancy differently. This is my first pregnancy and I do not know what to expect, I read a post last week (maybe you can criticize the women on that post as well) regarding this symptom and when I felt something similar I just assumed that's what it was was, I'm not a Doctor. 

HaHa and the spelling mistake, how silly of me, I should've known that.  Although lightning is a commonly mispelled so I'm not the only one I guess.  Smile

• imagelaramiek:

You definitely can't spell!

Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• This has turned into a classic bump thread...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelaramiek:

I joined this website to learn and share with women who can relate to what each other is going through.  I really don't see the need for people to get nasty and refute what my body is going through since every woman experiences pregnancy differently. This is my first pregnancy and I do not know what to expect, I read a post last week (maybe you can criticize the women on that post as well) regarding this symptom and when I felt something similar I just assumed that's what it was was, I'm not a Doctor. 

Damn, already?

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • No wonder people ask on here if Bumpies can tell them if they're pregnant or not.
  • We officially have a dead horse on our hands people!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelaramiek:

I joined this website to learn and share with women who can relate to what each other is going through.  I really don't see the need for people to get nasty and refute what my body is going through since every woman experiences pregnancy differently. This is my first pregnancy and I do not know what to expect, I read a post last week (maybe you can criticize the women on that post as well) regarding this symptom and when I felt something similar I just assumed that's what it was was, I'm not a Doctor. 

Sprinkles pretty rainbow dust all over this thread.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagelaramiek:

I came fully prepared with snark but am not in the mood to use it. Hopefully, this will help instead. A lot of people experience a kind of cramping feeling, sharper and more localized even than period cramps, during the first trimester normally around the time they find out they are pregnant. I think I remember that some of that is attributed to the uterus stretching and shoving other organs around, and sometimes due to the attachment of the placenta (but that is only for a day or two). Nothing to worry about unless there is bleeding beyond a light short spotting.

Hope this helps, and congratulations to everyone on this board.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Delish, i think this is what you're looking for.  YWIA:

• J+MSJ+MS member
    imageLibby1978:

imagelaramiek:

You definitely can't spell!

I just cracked the fvck up.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • JBMarq3JBMarq3 member
    imagelaramiek:

I totally know how you feel. I have experienced this before!

Some people must be unhappy and plain out rude.

:)

• imageUnpossible:
    Lightning crotch is caused by the pressure of the baby on your cervix, and it's often exacerbated once baby flips and is in the head down position. So at 6 or 7 weeks, I don't think you're experiencing lightning crotch. And it's definitely not lightening crotch. 

I disagree.  Or maybe I agree but also...

I think there are 2 different versions of lightning crotch (and since it's not a real medical condition, I don't think there is an actual definition).  One kind is what OP is mentioning and can happen throughout pregnancy.  I know the feeling - shooting pain to the vag.  My doc said the round ligaments stretch from your uterus to your labia and when they stretch as your uterus grows, you can feel the pain all the way down.

The second kind is the head butt or kick to the cervix and will generally only happen in later pregnancy when the baby is big enough.  Definitely a different kind of pain but I suppose it could be labeled lightning crotch too although it's not the sharp type of pain I would think to call lightning crotch.

Anyway, just my 2 cents in this fun thread.

• amm7788amm7788 member
    I was glad this was brought up because i have had it only a few times now and 1 time i was waiting on someone at work and almost had to bed over!! It scared me because i didnt know what it was!!
  • imagegymnst1013:

imageUnpossible:

I disagree.  Or maybe I agree but also...

I think there are 2 different versions of lightning crotch (and since it's not a real medical condition, I don't think there is an actual definition).  One kind is what OP is mentioning and can happen throughout pregnancy.  I know the feeling - shooting pain to the vag.  My doc said the round ligaments stretch from your uterus to your labia and when they stretch as your uterus grows, you can feel the pain all the way down.

The second kind is the head butt or kick to the cervix and will generally only happen in later pregnancy when the baby is big enough.  Definitely a different kind of pain but I suppose it could be labeled lightning crotch too although it's not the sharp type of pain I would think to call lightning crotch.

Anyway, just my 2 cents in this fun thread.

I'm only 9 weeks but I posted something the other day on this board regarding these pains.  I had no idea what it was but I'm guessing/ and many responded with the explanation of RLP.  I had 1 individual tell me it was lightning crotch as well!   Whatever it was it was sure a hell of a suprise!  And made me a bit nervous! 

• Funny to learn there's a term for this!! I've had a couple of stabby pains, they catch me off guard more than anything. Glad to know I'm not alone!
  • It hurts like a b*tch. I also like the one where the baby kicks you in the taint. Tongue Tied

So disconcerting...

• I'm 13 weeks and have this pain pretty often. .....almost always after sex. And for me at least, it feels like someone is taking a knife to my vag. So whatever is causing it sucks, but I just figured it was normal because I usually experience the same feeling while cramping on my period and I know cramps are normal during pregnancy. I'm just hoping it goes away....but no one has mentioned that, so my hopes are slim. lol (oh and I can't spell either, and have no clue what I'm talking about cuz this is my first...so don't feel bad) Big Smile
  • Nobody should be criticized for ANY REASON!!! Especially if you misspell anything. I think it's very immature of some of you women. SHAME ON YOU!!! This is Laramiek first pregnancy and she's completely new to everything so the right thing to do is to explain or KINDLY correct her. You all should know that especially for those who are going to become Mothers or who are!! GROW UP LADIES!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"