Cloth Diapering

Prepping ?

My new GMD prefolds are supposed to be here today. I have a quick wash option on my washer. Do you think this will be sufficient?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Prepping ?

• Maybe? 

I had planned on using the quick wash option on my HE Fridgidaire washer but it only lets me choose certain wash temps, spin speeds, stain removal settings, etc under this option, and HOt was not one of them.  I found it better to just do a 'normal' was on hot with a cold rinse and a super fast spin to ease my drying times later. 

So if your washer isn't annoying like mine then it should be fine :) 

• I am pretty sure I can select hot on mine. I will have to see. The normal wash takes like an hour and the quick wash is only 30 mins.  DH may kill me for spending 6+ hours washing diapers. Electric bill blah blah blah.
  • Loading the player...
  • In the past, I boiled my prefolds in a giant lobster pot and that really helped so I didn't have to wash a gazillion times to get them fully prepped.
  • imageejgballerina:
    In the past, I boiled my prefolds in a giant lobster pot and that really helped so I didn't have to wash a gazillion times to get them fully prepped.

I may boil them. I just have 3 dozen and that will take forever.  I may just do DD's now and save the nbs for later.

• For just prepping, I think a quick wash is fine - after all, they're already clean! I used BumGenius with my daughter, and when they were used, I did 2.5 cycles A) Cold - B) Hot - C) Extra rinse.
  • For just prepping, I think a quick wash is fine - after all, they're already clean! I used BumGenius with my daughter, and when they were soiled, I did 2.5 cycles A) Cold - B) Hot - C) Extra rinse.
  • I've used the quick cycle and it's worked fine for prepping. 
    DS1 5/2010, DS2 11/2012
  • I think that's fine. I've done a quick for prep before.
    Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"