April 2011 Moms

Success! Sorta...

In my quest for a good nights sleep my DH and I tried a bunch of new things today:

Lots of daylight, restricting nap time to the crib instead of the swing, a bath, and we used the miracle blanket  but didn't tie down his arms (which he hates).

He went down at 11pm, woke up at 1am for a feeding, down again at 2am and back up at 4am. Now he's wide awake and happily swinging away.

Considering 4 hours is more than either of us have gotten in a long time I call it a success! Plus, I feel oddly rested.  

Thanks for all your advice! I'm hoping to lengthen these sleep sessions a little bit every day :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Success! Sorta...

• kje120kje120 member
    I'm glad you got a little more sleep. Hopefully if you keep up the routine he'll give you even more soon :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! Sleep is a wonderful thing :)
  • WooHoo! I'm glad you found something that works. My lactation consultant explained to me that if lo eats more during the day, at least every 3hrs, he'll sleep longer at night. So during the day I make sure to wake him and feed. He's been sleeping at night  for 5 hr stretches ever since!
  • Scout05Scout05 member

I'm glad you had a good night! DD was about your LOs age when she finally started sorting out her night/day confusion and giving us longer stretches at night. She's still up at least once, but we're getting more sleep and thus feel more human.

I hope he continues to stretch out those sleep times.

• imagebrunette mac:
    WooHoo! I'm glad you found something that works. My lactation consultant explained to me that if lo eats more during the day, at least every 3hrs, he'll sleep longer at night. So during the day I make sure to wake him and feed. He's been sleeping at night  for 5 hr stretches ever since!

Interesting! I'll try that too! 

• Congrats!! Just after the 6 week mark, my LO started sleeping for 6 hour stretches at night... I didn't do anything different so I think it's just that she finally grew enough, and her tummy can fit more food to last the night. She does definitely drink a lot during the day, we nurse probably every 2 hours so maybe that helps?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sleep is good!  I'm so happy for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kgail11kgail11 member
    GREAT!!!!  Any little bit of sleep is AWESOME! It's crazy how we can feel well-rested after such short spans of sleep..  but it's so true!
  • Hooray for sleep! We just started getting one five hour stretch every night and it is heaven. Feels great to be asleep long enough to really feel rested.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"