November 2011 Moms

Fess up! Who has stretch marks already?

I am overweight and had a decent belly before getting pregnant. I thought that would mean that stretch marks would come later since there was already some room in there. Nope! I already have stretch marks up past my belly button. I am even down 10 lbs so it shouldn't be from rapid weight gain. Anyone else "blessed" with them already?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fess up! Who has stretch marks already?

• I don't know much about stretch marks, but maybe the ones you are seeing now are because you lost weight, not because you gained it? Meaning, maybe they were there but a bit of excess weight in the belly hid them a bit? I have a couple down by my hip bones but I think those are pre-preg marks....I haven't gotten any more yet...and friend of mine swore by Vaseline cocoa butter oil so I got some and have been slathering that on everyday before I start stretching out too much. Unfortunately, I hear if you're going to get them, then there's not much you can do about it. :( Boo! Good luck sweetie!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• I do on my boobs but none so far on my belly.
    m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • repenrepen member
    I wish that were the case. I had low ones prepregnancy. However, I've watched these new ones creep up in the last couple weeks. My ute feels a few inches higher than it should be so maybe that has something to do with it too.
  • I have a few light ones on my belly , totally freaked me out when first saw them. They have gotten lighter since putting stretch mark cream in them. I have been blessed with ones on my boobs for years . 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP ! March 2011 TTC since Jan 2010 Blood work CD 3 -normal Diagnosed with slight case of PCOS Nov 2010 S/A - High count , low morph and mobility Use acupuncture/herbs to regulate cycles
  • imagerepen:
    I wish that were the case. I had low ones prepregnancy. However, I've watched these new ones creep up in the last couple weeks. My ute feels a few inches higher than it should be so maybe that has something to do with it too.

Ah- gotcha. The uterus stretching would make sense! :) I was wondering if maybe they were because of losing weight because I seemed to be 'blessed' with mine after losing 20 pounds a couple years ago....I was working out a lot to lose the weight and my hubs seems to think I gained the lovely stretch marks from working out. It's like you can't win no matter what you do! LOL! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• No I really think they are heriditary or if you are gaining a lot quickly, which you said wasn't the case.  That girl on 16 and pregnant (guilty pleasure sorry) was complaining how many stretch marks she had and she only gained 15 pounds the whole pregnancy and was normal weight.

As for me, I have a feeling I am going to get them on my thighs in the last trimester and I am normal weight.  I figure I am going to have more kids, so I am trying not to scrutinize too much until I am done with kids! LOL.  I will use vitamin E after and give them some time to die down.

Just think pregnancy leaves scars on everyone even if they get away with no stretch marks, wether or not they share or not.  I'd take stretch marks over a 4th degree tear! 

• I have them. I gained alot of weight with my first but only got them just below my belly button. With my second, they started creepy up over my belly button and around to my love handles. With this one, I have gotten maybe one. But that's about it. I agree that they are hereditary though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers pregnant image,image,image,image
  • I have one about 2 inches below my belly button, and 2 inches to the right.  I've bought palmers belly butter cream that I use now, and I think it looks better. 
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have what looks like broken little blood vessels on my boobs...I don't know if that is the start of em?
  • i was going to agree with Katie, but your response to that makes sense.

i'm overweight as well. i'm down 17lbs. the ones i see i *believe* are prebaby but just more noticeable now. my belly seems to have grown a little so i think the old ones are more noticeable. 

• I'm reusing old ones. Does that count?
  • Nothing new.  I still have all the ones from DD though.  I was so pissed.  I made it to 37 weeks without a stretchmark and then they showed up and got worse after delivery.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • I haven't noticed any new ones, but I've got a ton on my butt & thighs from last time.
  • Like pp, I have been blessed with them on my boobs for years.  I have noticed 2 that popped last week between my boobs and my belly button, on my right side.  I am trying to do the cocoa butter but I forget at night because I'm so tired!  LOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I noticed what may have been stretch marks (we can knock on wood and say it was the steam coming out of the shower lol) on my hips.... not sure if those were  pre-pg or not... but I had never noticed them before. I've gained around 8-10 lbs so far
  • I've had them for years, so I don't know if that counts. I've go them on my lower belly, thighs, and the sides of my boobs. Luckily they are all light now, haven't noticed any new ones yet, but I'm also still down about 3-4 lbs. 
  • Surprisingly, I have not got any yet and have already gained too much. I had some from the previous pregnancy that are just faint lines now but thats about it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"