Babies: 9 - 12 Months

China Arnold gets life in prison (warning, baby death)

for killing her one month old baby in the microwave. 

Her boyfriend, the infant's father, was there and did not stop her and I can't understand how he wasn't at the minimum charged with depraved indifference.

I didn't link the article because the details were so gruesome. 

I wonder how casey will fare for the same crime seeing as China is black and Casey is white.  But Nacy Grace pronounced them both guilty. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: China Arnold gets life in prison (warning, baby death)

• This is the first I've heard about this? When did this happen?
  • I just found the article. Very sad and very sick.
  • Loading the player...
  • This story made me physically ill.
  • In 2005.  I also find it sickening that we were posting babies in microwaves not too long ago and laughing like it was a joke. 

• So sad, I have not heard about this. And I have never heard of any ever doing this. Just so so disgusting!
  • Sick. And people post pics of toddlers in dryers (playing around)

• imageKimmy1836:
    This story made me physically ill.

Yeah the testimony from the coroner was pretty graphic.  I couldn't get through it.  But from the justice side, I don't see how justice was served.

Why is only the mom responsible?  I'm sure if the boyfriend did it, she would have been charged too for failing to stop him. 

• I remember this happening - it is absolutely mind boggling how somebody could do this, or stand by and watch it happen. I'm sure Casey Anthony's fate will be very similiar, regardless of her race.
  • the craziest part of it was that (in the original article I read) she used it as a threat to the boyfriend, I think he was going to leave her or something.

I think the media is definitely racially profiling child murder cases.  I don't care if you're black, white, purple or hot pink, if you intentionally kill your child you're still crazy and need to be punished.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • imageyankeebaby2:

imageKimmy1836:

Yeah the testimony from the coroner was pretty graphic.  I couldn't get through it.  But from the justice side, I don't see how justice was served.

Why is only the mom responsible?  I'm sure if the boyfriend did it, she would have been charged too for failing to stop him. 

I read a story a few days ago about an another infant abuse/death and it literally made me throw up. I couldn't get the story out of my head for days :( 
  • imageyankeebaby2:

In 2005.  I also find it sickening that we were posting babies in microwaves not too long ago and laughing like it was a joke. 

oh crap. i do that. i hadn't heard this story. i totally joke with dh about letting ds go for microwave rides, because ours turns. i also joke about sending the chickens to freezer camp though... and the cats.

i always forget there are real sick people out there.

• imageyankeebaby2:

imageKimmy1836:

Do you think he made some sort of deal?

• This has got to be one of the most sick/sad things I've ever heard.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No deal.  He wasn't even charged.  The whole trial was a trainwreck.  There were allegations of prossecutorial misconduct which resulted in a mistrial. 

This was actually her 3rd trial. 

I don't know where the boyfriend was at the time.  I assumed he was there with her because they had a fight where she bit his lip and he slapped her prior to the murder. 

• I can't bring myself to read the article.  When a woman kills her infant my first instinct is to wonder if she had PPP, but from what other people are saying in this thread, it doesn't sound like it in this case.  Horrible.

Abraham Arthur 2/21/10 // Asher Kendall 11/11/11

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageangiegail78:
    I can't bring myself to read the article.  When a woman kills her infant my first instinct is to wonder if she had PPP, but from what other people are saying in this thread, it doesn't sound like it in this case.  Horrible.

That's why I didn't link one.  I could not find one article that wouldn't reduce other mothers to tears.  Language in the cause of death was too inflammatory.

No she was checked out and had no PP issues. 

• I was just reading about this.  Apparently her church held a rally in support of her, saying she was unfairly convinced due to race.

I really don't care if she was neon pink - and I hope Casey Anthony gets the same treatment.

Ugh, reading that article, I had to stop once I got to, "Based on the DNA retrieved from the roof of the microwave..." omg.  Just, oh my freaking god.  How sick can you be?
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • This is SICK. I can't imagine anything in my life being so bad that I would want or feel the need to kill my child AT ALL, let alone in this matter. I can't imagine what her family is going through though. I would be so sick to my stomach if this was my daughter or relative. Some people are just effing wired wrong.
  • RoxpupRoxpup member
    imageyankeebaby2:

In 2005.  I also find it sickening that we were posting babies in microwaves not too long ago and laughing like it was a joke. 

Agreed. 

• Aloe0lAloe0l member
    Ugh.  I shouldn't have googled the article.  Wish I wasn't at work so I can squeeze DD!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am in Ohio, so this has been in the news quite a bit for years.  The boyfriend, Terrell Talley was never charged with anything because they could not prove that he was at the house at the time.  He was/is a drug dealer and both his sister and others testified that he was not home because he was dealing.  I think a couple people even cam forward and said that they had bought from him that night. 
  • imageLaurenSweat:
    I am in Ohio, so this has been in the news quite a bit for years.  The boyfriend, Terrell Talley was never charged with anything because they could not prove that he was at the house at the time.  He was/is a drug dealer and both his sister and others testified that he was not home because he was dealing.  I think a couple people even cam forward and said that they had bought from him that night. 

Oh, thanks.  But weren't they in a fight right before she did what she did? 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageyankeebaby2:

imageLaurenSweat:
    I am in Ohio, so this has been in the news quite a bit for years.  The boyfriend, Terrell Talley was never charged with anything because they could not prove that he was at the house at the time.  He was/is a drug dealer and both his sister and others testified that he was not home because he was dealing.  I think a couple people even cam forward and said that they had bought from him that night. 

Oh, thanks.  But weren't they in a fight right before she did what she did? 

He said the fight was when he got home.  They couldn't place him at the house until just before the baby was taken to the hospital.  It was all very confusing.

• Elizabeth Renee Otte was 19 yo when she put her 1 month old son in a microwave, claiming to have had a seizure and not being coherent enough to have known she did that. She was a white female, and plead guilty to involuntary manslaughter  so she wouldn't have to admit she did anything but that there was enough evidence against her. She got 5 years in prison and is already out of jail (she went in, in 2000). How fvcked up is that justice system. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"