Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Siblings Poll (non-clicky)

When people mention how many kids they want they usually mention their own family growing up so I'm curious... 

1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age?

2. Did you get along when you were kids?

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by?

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Siblings Poll (non-clicky)

•  

1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? I am my mom's only. My dad has 2 step sons (5 years yoounger then me) and 2 other daughters 9 and 10 years younger then me

2. Did you get along when you were kids? I did but I was only there 3 weeks out of the year. They all fought like crazy.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? Everyone gets along well except 1 of my brothers, the others still talk to him but that is as far as it goes. He has been in lots of trouble fathered kids we probably dont know about ect.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes at my mom's house because I ddint want DD to be alone, so we had DS. My DH would have been fine with just 1.

• imagelaurapalmer:

When people mention how many kids they want they usually mention their own family growing up so I'm curious... 

1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? 2 brothers. One is 2 years older. One is 4 years older

2. Did you get along when you were kids? Not at all. But if someone messed with one of us, they messed with all of us.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? My oldest brother is one of my best friends and lives about an hour away. My middle brother is a little out there. We get along, but I wouldn't say we're friends. He lives in San Fran, across the country.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes. It makes me want a big family and an even number of kids. With 3, there's always an odd one out. So we're going for 4.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? Yes, 1. 3.5 years difference (I'm older).

2. Did you get along when you were kids? Not really. We both kind of did our own things.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? Not really. My sister is a spoiled little biitch. She lives in the same city that I do, about 40 minutes away.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Kind of but not really. If so, it wasn't a major contributing factor. There were many other things that led to our tentative decision of being one and done.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • imagelaurapalmer:

1. Do you have any siblings? Yes How many and how far apart in age? 2, 5 and 13 years younger

2. Did you get along when you were kids? No with the middle one and yes with the youngest.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? Yes, and unfortunately no.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes, at least the age differences. It was really hard for me at 5 to get a new sibling.  5 years old is an age were a lot of your idea of self is already formed and I was an only child for a long time.  We will be trying again when Molls is younger.  H and his brother are 2 years apart and get along much better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. I have a younger brother and younger sister, we're each 2 years apart (I'm oldest)

2. I always got along with my sister (2 years younger) but didn't really get along with my brother (4 years younger) until I was in college

3. Yep, we all get along great and we've lived in the same area for the past 2 years which has been awesome.  I'm moving soon and won't be with them any longer :(

4. It made me know I wanted my DS to have a sibling, but I'm unsure of how many kids still.  Maybe we're done, maybe we'll have 1 more.  I wanted 4 before DS1 but then had a change of plans. :)

A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age?

yes. a sister. we are 2 yrs apart.

ehh. for the most part, but we did fight too. just typical sibling stuff.

ooh yeah. very much so. we are like best friends now. unfortunately we do not. i married a military man and we got moved 13 hrs away from our families in ohio. 

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have?

definitely. i loved having my sister around growing up. i couldnt imagine having an only child.  

sorry 1ht 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? My (half) sister is 8 years older and brother is 2 years younger2. Did you get along when you were kids? Yes3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? Yes/About and hour and a half away4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Sort of. We want at least 2, maybe 3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? I have one sister who is 3 years younger then me.

2. Did you get along when you were kids? Sometimes.  We fought all the time but we were best friends. 

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? She lives about 20 min away and we are still very close. 

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes.  DH would be happy with just the two boys but I want another in a couple of years.  SS is 12 and I would like DS to have a brother or sister closer in age to grow up with.  By the tims DS is in 1st grade SS will be off to college.

PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagelaurapalmer:

I have a sister who is 4 years younger and a brother who is 10 years younger

My sister and I absolutely despised each other growing up. We are closer now, but it's often a strained relationship. I think 4 years is a strange gap...I was in middle school, she was in elemntary, I was in college she was starting high school. We always seemed to just be in two different stages that clashed horribly. We get along much better as adults.

My brother on the hand, because he is 10 years younger than me, is my little baby brother. I was kind of a second mom to him and we have always been very close, but now that he's all grownup (sad face) we have  different kind of relationship. Growing up I felt very protective and maternal towards him; now we are good freinds. My sister and brother are also very close.

We all do get along now. Both my brother and sister live 3 1/2 hours away in DC

numbers wise, not really. I just know that I want my kids closer in age together than my sister and I were.

• 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age?

2 older brothers. One is 4 years older, the other is 13 years older. 

2. Did you get along when you were kids? I only grew up with my middle brother....we had the normal siblings issues when we were small, but got along fine as we got older. With both of them, we weren't really close, but I got along fine with them until they started doing things that hurt my family and themselves.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? I rarely see them. They live about 3 hours away. (in different directions, one in state, one out of state). Unfortunately they both have caused a lot of drama in my family and neither treat my parents well at all. They are both pretty irresponsible, and I'm left feeling like the good kid. I have to distance myself from the drama. 

Yes-despite my experience, I may still have more than one (I always said 2 but I am not sure anymore), don't get me wrong. But if I do, it won't be for the false "so they'll have each other" argument. The simple fact I have siblings doesn't make us close. And it doesn't automatically make my siblings act like good brothers. We are in contact through my parents and that's pretty much it. When something happens to my parents, my siblings aren't going to be the ones I lean on.

And despite what people think, it's not really the age difference that's the issue, either.  It's just that they turned out to be adults who make unbelievably crappy decisions.

ETA:  We are waiting to make any decisions, but DH was on only child and says he doesn't feel like he missed out on anything at all, so that's an interesting part of our thinking on it as well. I never imagined wanting just one, but I don't know.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? Yes. Sister is older by 2 years and brother is 6 years younger

2. Did you get along when you were kids? Not really

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? My brother is just now getting into his party phase years and has a huge attitude so not so much. My sister,yes,after a year of not speaking we are working on repairing our relationship.  We live in TN,SC, VA

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes, I was a middle child and hated it. DH is the oldest of 5. We want 4.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? I have one sister, 3 years older.2. Did you get along when you were kids? No, we had completely different tastes/interests and she thought I was the biggest pest so we fought all the time. 3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? We're really close now, and have been since our late teens. She lives super close but we don't hang out as much now as we used to.4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? We're one and done and although my decision isn't based on my relationship with my sister, knowing that siblings aren't always friends encouraged me to feel comfortable with an only. 
  • candr09candr09 member
    imagelaurapalmer:

I have one brother, he is 3 years older than me.

yes.

Yes. He still lives with my parents which is only about 5 minutes from where we live.  We're close in an understated way. I don't know how else to put it. He's very introverted and doesn't go out much or do much. I try to get him to come out more, but its just not him. But we still have a pretty close relationship.

I wouldn't say it impacted how many I wanted, but it definitely made me want a boy first (FAIL, lol). He always protected me growing up, and I just always felt like every little girl needs a big brother to look out for her. I love DD, but it makes me sad that she won't have that.

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? I have four older brothers. My oldest brother is 9 years older than me, and the one just older than me is 2 years older.

2. Did you get along when you were kids? My older two brothers I didn't really spend much time with because they were so much older, but the younger ones we got along. I mean, we still fought like siblings do, but we got along.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? Yep, we get along great now. I don't live near them though, or my parents, and it makes me sad. I would love to be near them, and my nephews. And I would love L to have his uncles and grandparents near by.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? It definitely does. I loved growing up with lots of people around, and I would love the same for my kids. DH grew up with just he and his sister, so we'll see!

• 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? Three siblings, there are four years between each of us, me being the youngest.

2. Did you get along when you were kids? When I was a kid, I was closest to my sibling closest to my age (my brother). My sisters were much older and we didn't hang out much.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? We all get along. My oldest sister lives in Arizona, the rest still live in Louisiana.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes, only that I don't want to have that many, but still want them to have the relationship I've had with my siblings. My sister that lives here is my absolute best friend.

• 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? My bro is 18 years older and my sis is 10 years older.  We are really spaced apart.

2. Did you get along when you were kids? My bro yes, but he was so much older and my sister not at all.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? I still hate my sister ha ha and my brother is ok at times.  They live close.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have  No

• 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? Yes. One sister, 3.5 years older.

2. Did you get along when you were kids?No. I think there was too big of an age difference. I always wanted to do what she was doing, but she was too big and "cool" to have me trailing along after her.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? Ever since I had DS she's been on me like white on rice, so I guess, yes, we do get along now. Though, she lives in NY and we live in TX.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes. I would like to have my kids closer together. However, DH is 5 years older than BIL and he thinks that age difference is perfect. So we'll see.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When people mention how many kids they want they usually mention their own family growing up so I'm curious... 

I have only one sister and she's 7.5 years older than me.

We got along when she was home, but she ran away from home a lot and eventually moved in with my grandparents.  So we didn't really interact that much when I was a child. 

We get along greatly now, ever since she got married really, and more now that we both have boys. 

Yes, we will definitely plan to have 2 or 3 kids and all within 3 years apart of the next.

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagelaurapalmer:

1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? older brother, 40 and younger twin brother and sister, 30

2. Did you get along when you were kids? I have always been close with my sister but not my brothers. I can't stand my younger brother.

3. Do you get along now? See above Do they live near by? No, they all live in England and I live in Detroit.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Not really. I might like another kid but we haven't made a final decision on that yet. My husband has 17  and 10 year old daughters too.

• 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? I am the oldest of 7 kids (all from the same parents). Our ages are 30, 28, 26, 18, 16, 14, 11. DH is the oldest of 6.

2. Did you get along when you were kids? We were very close growing up, but that didn't stop us from having some roaring fights!

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? We all live within 20 minutes of each other and are still very close.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes. Although I don't want as many, I saw how much stress it put on my parents financially and emotionally, but I did LOVE being apart of a big family. I want four children.

Edited to clarify ages.

252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? My bro is 22 months older than me and my sis is 22 months older than my bro.

2. Did you get along when you were kids? Nope. Being the youngest, I always had to defend myself.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? My bro and I had a falling out about a year and a half ago, but made up about a month later. Now, we get along, but he lives over 1,000 miles away. My sis and I get along really well...she lives 5 mins. from me.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? The relationship with my siblings hasn't impacted me as much as my Father's relationship with his family (he is 1 of 5). It was a very tumultuous family and all they ever did is fight (and these were adults). So, seeing that and then seeing DH's family (his mom's sister's kid grew up in the apartment downstairs from where he grew up) all fight (as adults), I ask...what is the point of having a large family when everyone grows up to hate each other? I don't know...nothing is guaranteed, but I think S will be our only 1.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1. & 3. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. My brothers are all older than me by 11-15 years, I am very close to two of them and they live about 40 min from me. One lives really far away so we only see each other maybe once a year, so we are not as close. I have one older sister, by about 8 years she too lives far away so we are not that close. My younger sister, by 17 months, and I are very close though she too lives in another state we see each other 2 or 3 times a year but speak weekly.

2. We all got along very well, though sometimes I was a little harsh to my younger sister.

4. Yup, I love having my siblings...they have my back and I can lean on them at any time. I would love 5 or 6 kids too...I never wanted an only child, and I am SO glad I am not one.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • 1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age?      I have 5 younger siblings, we're all around 3 years apart. 2. Did you get along when you were kids?     Yes 3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by?     We get along fine. We're not BFFs or anything, but they're all young still (4-18) so maybe we'll be closer when they're adults. The one I'm closest to is my 14-year-old brother. They all live with my mom, about 5 minutes from us. 4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have?   Yes, I loved having lots of siblings, though I do wish we'd been closer in age. I'm glad my girls are spaced closely together. I plan to wait a few years and then have another two. After that, we'll see. 
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• RHitchRHitch member
    imagelaurapalmer:

1. Do you have any siblings? How many and how far apart in age? Yes.  I have two sisters.  One is 2.5 years older than me, and one is 8 years younger than me.

2. Did you get along when you were kids? I was extremely close to my older sister because we were so close in age.  My younger sister felt like we were her parents because we were so much older.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? We are all really close now.  All 3 of us are 45 minutes away from each other.  It's weird how that works out.  I guess you can say we live in a triangle.  One on the East side, one on the West side and one on the South side of town.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Definitely.  I wanted to make sure my children were closer in age so that they could grow up together.  My younger sister felt like an only child because we were out of the house by the time she was 10 years old.

• 1. Do you have any siblings? Yep! How many and how far apart in age? One brother and one sister.. I'm the oldest, and we're all 2-3 years apart.

2. Did you get along when you were kids? Most of the time. I was always very motherly toward my siblings.

3. Do you get along now? Do they live near by? We do, but since I moved across the country 6ish years ago, we haven't been as good about keeping in touch.

4. Did/does your experience with your siblings impact how many children you hope to have? Yes.. I loved being one of three, and I'd love to have three myself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"