Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulation question ... After first or last positive OPK?

I tested yesterday at 5pm and got a neg OPK. I tested again late last night and 7am this morning and both times my digital OPK had an error reading. So I brought one to work, tested at 10am and finally got my smiley face. Just tested again now and it is back to negative. So I am wondering if I O'd last night or today? I am so frustrated about the stupid error reading! And of course it conked on me right as i was O'ing. Do you ovulate 12-36 hours after your last or first positive OPK? I had EWCM this morning and now it is creamy again but my cervix still feels open. We are BDing tonight! But I wonder if we should have yesterday. We were trying to do EOD sex this cycle but it is so hard to refrain when you know you are fertile! Ugh. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your input!

Re: Ovulation question ... After first or last positive OPK?

• "Do you ovulate 12-36 hours after your last or first positive OPK?"

I don't do OPKs, but my understanding is that the answer to this question is both. You are probably Oing today, which is within 36 hrs of your + yesterday and within 12 hrs of your + today. 

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • ghdst1ghdst1 member
    From my understanding about OPKs, if you get positive and negative in one day you still mark that down as positive in FF.  Therefore, it is possible that the test detected the hormone this morning enought to turn the test positive but not enough later in the day.  I think you ovulate after your last positive OPK so I think BDing tonight is a good thing to do!  Good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBlueEyedDreamer:

"Do you ovulate 12-36 hours after your last or first positive OPK?"

I don't do OPKs, but my understanding is that the answer to this question is both. You are probably Oing today, which is within 36 hrs of your + yesterday and within 12 hrs of your + today. 

Thank you. I did not get a positive yesterday .... Just error readings. My first and only positive was this morning.
  • imageDebra4869:
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:

Thank you. I did not get a positive yesterday .... Just error readings. My first and only positive was this morning.

Gotcha - I thought you were implying that it might have been positive yesterday since you said you got error readings right when you were Oing. Sorry if I misunderstood.  GL!

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • imageBlueEyedDreamer:
    imageDebra4869:
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:

Gotcha - I thought you were implying that it might have been positive yesterday since you said you got error readings right when you were Oing. Sorry if I misunderstood.  GL!

Well it could have been positive last night or this morning, but I would not know because of the error readings. So that is why I was wondering if you O after the last or first OPK. If it is the first, then I might be out of luck because I probably O'ed already.
  • imageBlueEyedDreamer:
    imageDebra4869:
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:

Well it could have been positive last night or this morning, but I would not know because of the error readings. So that is why I was wondering if you O after the last or first OPK. If it is the first, then I might be out of luck because I probably O'ed already.
  • imageDebra4869:
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:
    imageDebra4869:
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:

In that case, I will go back to my original answer of both. If you got a positive this morning, then you still hadn't O'd yet.  If you had gotten a + instead of an error yesterday and then a + again today, then I still would say you are Oing today. It's w/in 36 hrs of your hypothetical first + and within 12 hrs of your actual +. Good luck!

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Your LH surge starts 12-48 hours prior to the start of ovulation with 36hrs being average - which is when you get a +OPK.

Since your temping watch your temp for the next few days and you will notice when you O....so keep on BD'ing and have fun! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"