Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Breat Milk Supply - stocking up...

I am still exlusively breast feeding and am losing my supply I had stocked in my freezer - I have returned to work and my pump just can't pull out the same amount as my baby.

Any suggestions on how to stockpile milk - I already pump every three hours and hand express as well - any thoughts are welcome and helpful! Thanks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers image image Photobucket

Re: Breat Milk Supply - stocking up...

• I pump after he eats in the morning, take fenugreek and drink mother's milk tea.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • My LC told me that since baby is more effective than the pump, the baby will ALWAYS be able to get milk while the pump won't. As a result, I make sure that after 4am I only nurse DS from my left side. When I get up at 6:30, I pump my right side, and then when he wakes up (usually at 7:30) I feed him from the right (and the left if he needs more). I usually get 3oz from just that side during my morning pump. I also pump after he's down for the night. He goes down between 7:30 and 8 and usually sleeps until midnight. I pump at 10 or 10:30. I only get an ounce usually, but it's something. On the weekends, I still pump these 2 sessions, which usually gives me 8 or 9 ounces total to add to my stash.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • I am in the same exact situation!  DS takes at least 5 oz in each bottle (three bottles a day while I'm at work) and I usually pump 3 - 4 oz each time.  I pump in the evening and get an extra 3 oz so I'm either just barely making it or dipping into my freezer stash for an ounce or two each day.  It's really stressful because I want to keep EBF as long as posible and would hate if my body didn't cooperate!  I'm also worried that DS isn't getting enough during the day because I told the nanny not to use too much. 

I'm taking fenugreek (2 capsules 3x a day), drinking water constantly, eating oatmeal each day, making sure to have protein snacks... I'd love any other tips!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesnoopy0510:

I am in the same exact situation!  DS takes at least 5 oz in each bottle (three bottles a day while I'm at work) and I usually pump 3 - 4 oz each time.  I pump in the evening and get an extra 3 oz so I'm either just barely making it or dipping into my freezer stash for an ounce or two each day.  It's really stressful because I want to keep EBF as long as posible and would hate if my body didn't cooperate!  I'm also worried that DS isn't getting enough during the day because I told the nanny not to use too much. 

I'm taking fenugreek (2 capsules 3x a day), drinking water constantly, eating oatmeal each day, making sure to have protein snacks... I'd love any other tips!

The general rule is 1oz for every hour being away from mom. But I go a little beyond that. DS and I are apart for 9 hours and he gets 11oz (3 3-oz bottles and 1 2-oz "snack bottle" to hold him over until I get home). I think how much you should leave them also varies based on if they STTN and how many times they nurse when you're with them. 

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"